Zuiderdam 9/4 Sailing

jollycruiser

The pax who will actually make the delayed sailing are being offered some nice perks for a future cruise:

"Sail the revised 6-day itinerary and receive a Holland America Line future travel discount in the amount of 25 percent of the cruise fare paid in addition to a per person ship board credit. Amount based on cabin category purchased as follows:

Inside staterooms (categories NN-I): $150 per-person

Outside staterooms (categories H-C): $175 per-person

Deluxe verandah staterooms (categories BC-A): $200 per-person

Superior verandah suites (category SS): $250 per-person

Deluxe verandah suites (category S): $350 per-person

Penthouse verandah suites (category PS): $500 per-person

3rd/4th guests sharing stateroom: $75 per-person"

The ship board credit is generous, but I would think the credit would be for the current sailing and not a future sailing that may or may not be in the cards for many pax. Are those who will sail on this cruise get anything for this sailing?

Jolly,

There seems to be some confusion. It sounds to me like the compensation is strictly for a future cruise. However, others think that the 25% discount is for a future cruise and the shipboard credit based on category is for the current cruise.

Has anyone spoke to HAL and determined which is correct?

The literal interpretation of the statement is that the shipboard credit is toward a future cruise. Don't want to see those sailing to think they are getting the credit for this sailing. If in fact is meant to say the credit is for the current cruise then HAL should send their PR manager back to school for some basic English language training.

The literal interpretation of the statement is that the shipboard credit is toward a future cruise. Don't want to see those sailing to think they are getting the credit for this sailing. If in fact is meant to say the credit is for the current cruise then HAL should send their PR manager back to school for some basic English language training.
I agree that as written it seems to indicate a future cruise. However, most others think that the shipboard credit is for the current cruise. Isn't ambiguity wonderful?:rolleyes:

Archived