Boston: shuttle back to ship?

WebNanny

In perusing the excursions for Boston I see that a number of them have the option of leaving you off at Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall where you can take a shuttle trolley back to the ship. Have any of you taken this shuttle? Easy to find?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if There is a free shuttle offered from the port to town and back againWe were planning on doing the Hop on Hop off bus,but Greyline doesn't pick up at the port He suggessted the Shuttle but said it cost 15pp,so it sort of defeats the purpose of booking an independent tour.RCCL should at least offer one

There is no free shuttlebus from the Port to downtown. There is the $15 shuttle you already know about, and there is the subway system, which includes the above-ground "Silver Line" extension that goes right to the cruise terminal, for $2 each.

We are interested in taking the Hop on Hop off bus.The tour starts across the street from Faneuil Hall .So I emailed the chamber of commerce and I was told that there will be a free shuttle avaiable.With 3500 peope you would think RCCL and Boston would supply a free shuttle.

I don't know about a free shuttle to Faneuil Hall from the Cruise Terminal, but if there is one, that would certainly be the most convenient option.

Otherwise, you either take the paid shuttle service at $15 each, or a taxi, or use public transportation.

The public transportation at the Cruise Terminal consists of the Silver Line, which runs about every 10 minutes and is a bus that connects to the subway. For $2 each, you get on the Silver Line bus, take it to South Station, connect to the Red Line one stop to Downtown Crossing, then change to the Orange Line north to Haymarket. Then you are a short walk from Faneuil Hall.

It is reliable and relatively efficient, but certainly not the most convenient or fastest way to get there.

I don't know about a free shuttle to Faneuil Hall from the Cruise Terminal, but if there is one, that would certainly be the most convenient option.

Otherwise, you either take the paid shuttle service at $15 each, or a taxi, or use public transportation.

The public transportation at the Cruise Terminal consists of the Silver Line, which runs about every 10 minutes and is a bus that connects to the subway. For $2 each, you get on the Silver Line bus, take it to South Station, connect to the Red Line one stop to Downtown Crossing, then change to the Orange Line north to Haymarket. Then you are a short walk from Faneuil Hall.

It is reliable and relatively efficient, but certainly not the most convenient or fastest way to get there.

I'd recommend getting off at the stop before Haymarket which is State Station. You are right at the Aquarium and the pick up area for the bus tours, Fanueil Hall is across the street.

Also, just walking from South Station is doable. It's about a mile to walk to the Aquarium and Faneuil Hall.

Archived