PDA

View Full Version : Taxi from New Orlean port to Airport??

louie_jr2005
May 10th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Does anyone know what a taxi would cost for 2 people to go from the port of new orleans to the airport??

smurfm69
May 10th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Hmmm I don't know for sure, but I think it is a flat rate of like $10 per person. Hope you have a great time down here and a fun cruise.

louie_jr2005
May 10th, 2008, 11:32 AM
thanks....do you know taxi will be at the port the morning we get back or do i need to call them when ready to leave??

smurfm69
May 10th, 2008, 11:44 AM
There are usually a bunch of taxis at the port lined up waiting for people getting off the ship. You will have a great time I'm sure and if you get to the terminal for around 11am, you should be on the Fantasy before noon.

Maxax
May 10th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Its been a few years since we've done a New Orleans cruise...but if I remember right...it was actually...a fair distance from the airport to the pier...could be a bit more than $10 pp...especially considering gas prices these days!

Jdfireman
May 10th, 2008, 11:49 AM
I would look into it I know that prices have gone up. I just looked at a shared van and it was 15.00 PP each way with out tip. Google limos in NO and look around

JD

smurfm69
May 10th, 2008, 11:56 AM
From the port to the airport is a distance of about 15 miles and mostly interstate so should not take long to get there. I suppose with the increased price of gas that it is possible the taxi fair has gone up but it still shouldn't be much more than $15 per person. Planning to spend any extra time here before or after your cruise?

VentureMan_2000
May 10th, 2008, 11:58 AM
What kind of taxi cabs do they have in NO... are they sedans, or are they all Vans...?

smurfm69
May 10th, 2008, 12:11 PM
There are some sedans, but most of the taxis at the port are vans.

bqkali
May 10th, 2008, 12:18 PM
From the port of New Orleans website FAQ:
**Note this is for the reverse direction (airport to port) but it's probably a good estimate.

What transportation is offered from Louis Armstrong International Airport?
Taxis and airport shuttle are available from Armstrong International Airport to the cruise terminals. Call 1 (866) 596-2699 for Airport Shuttle information and reservations. Typically, shuttles cost $13 per person one-way and $26 per person for round trips.
Taxis are available and cost $28 for up to two passengers and $12 for any additional passengers. There may be an additional charge for extra baggage. The airport is approximately 17 miles form the cruise terminal. Allow about 45 minutes travel time.

VentureMan_2000
May 10th, 2008, 12:54 PM
That's interesting... I've never heard of a taxi cab charging per person rates... I've only seen the taxi Vans charge per person.

I hate the Vans... you have to sit in there while they try to fill them up. I prefer the privacy of a taxi cab.

nolaAlive
May 10th, 2008, 01:07 PM
It is a flat rate of $28 + $1 fuel surcharge (sometimes).

The taxis of any size do not wait to fill up and even though some can carry more, there is a limit of 5 passengers max on taxis. Several times I have been a passenger of 1 in a huge suburban.

http://shutter10.pictures.aol.com/data/pictures/05/004/6E/EF/70/69/8znxJ5gBca1DaBXMEafJvZTpfALqZ+dO0300.jpg

The shuttle vans will wait some, but not necessarily until they are full.
http://www.airportshuttleneworleans.com/

map70065
May 10th, 2008, 01:10 PM
From the port of New Orleans website FAQ:
**Note this is for the reverse direction (airport to port) but it's probably a good estimate.

What transportation is offered from Louis Armstrong International Airport?
Taxis and airport shuttle are available from Armstrong International Airport to the cruise terminals. Call 1 (866) 596-2699 for Airport Shuttle information and reservations. Typically, shuttles cost $13 per person one-way and $26 per person for round trips.
Taxis are available and cost $28 for up to two passengers and $12 for any additional passengers. There may be an additional charge for extra baggage. The airport is approximately 17 miles form the cruise terminal. Allow about 45 minutes travel time.
Taxi prices are set from the French Quarter/CBD area to the airport and start at $28 for one or two people, additional charges for each additional person. If you have 2 or more people this is what I'd recommend.

I think the shuttle prices have gone up and are now $16 each way. If you are traveling alone, this is the way to go, but if there are two or more of you it's almost as cheap to get a cab and then you don't have to wait for the van to fill and stop anywhere else. The shuttle may stop at several hotels or may go straight to the airport.

VentureMan_2000
May 10th, 2008, 01:17 PM
It is a flat rate of $28 + $1 fuel surcharge (sometimes).

The taxis of any size do not wait to fill up and even though some can carry more, there is a limit of 5 passengers max on taxis. Several times I have been a passenger of 1 in a huge suburban.

Great post! Seeing is believing. :)

louie_jr2005
May 10th, 2008, 02:03 PM
i called united cab i think it was and she said it was 29 bukc to 2 people from the port to airport. i forgot to ask if they are there when i get off the ship or do i need to call them. It must be around the same price not matter what cab it is. Carnival is going to charge 23 bucks per person to go back to the airport one way. So i am saving 17 bukcs if takign cab.....you think it worth the saving to take cab or carnival???

Lucky Cruiser
May 10th, 2008, 02:04 PM
We Had A Van. Took 3 Of Us For $30. But I Think That Everybody In Nola That Owns Four Wheels Calls It A Taxi. I Saw An Rode In Some Really Bad Ones. This Was Pe Katernia Though. We Had A Poter At The Airport An He Took Us Right To The Front Of The Line An Put Us In A Nice Van. Well Worth The Tip.