PDA

View Full Version : Taxi/Bus to Merida?

Kramer995
May 14th, 2008, 06:43 PM
We are interested in touring Merida. Would you recommend getting a taxi/bus to Merida on our own, or book through cruise ship? We are going on the RCCL Voyager.

Thanks! :-)
Heather

hdawson
May 14th, 2008, 07:12 PM
By all means on your own. Taxi $25 ea way. Local bus $3.00 RT. Merida is a fantastic spanish colonial city. Pretty sophisticated. Not at all like Cancun, Cozumel or boardertowns. While in Merida, take the carriage ride. $25 for a 50 minute tour out on Paseo Montejo. Upscale area with the prettiest Walmart I've ever seen. Take plenty of film or memory Lots of good photo ops.

Kramer995
May 14th, 2008, 09:35 PM
It sounds wonderful! And since I live in NW Arkansas, home of Wal-mart, how could I skip that? :-) Thanks for the info!!

JawjaBoy
May 20th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Hey:
I'm going to show my red-neck roots...
Will you post some pictures of the WalMart?
We are going in Octubre oops, October and the curiosity is killing me.

I had a flash back to my aunt and uncle showing us pictures when they moved to Petersburg, Alaska. One of the pictures they showed us was of K-Mart. There was a gravel parking lot and the point of the photograph was the 18 bald eagles in the trees behind it!

Thanks,
Chuck

TayCon32
June 21st, 2008, 08:01 PM
Great tours of the city are offered in the local market at Progresso. Worth the money. Our guide was very good!

queenhcc
June 22nd, 2008, 06:21 PM
I would love to see some pictures of the Wal-Mart also!

JawjaBoy
June 22nd, 2008, 11:30 PM
I would love to see some pictures of the Wal-Mart also!

These are the best pics I found! I was curious enough to search it out! It was not easy...

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=merida%20walmart&w=all

See Ya,
Chuck

hdawson
June 22nd, 2008, 11:35 PM
The Merida Walmart has an underground parking garage with escalator. The shopping cart wheels lock when you start down the escalator.

hottytoddy
June 23rd, 2008, 10:44 PM
We leave July 5 and since my husband is the manager of our local Wal-Mart.....I know what we will be doing!

JawjaBoy
June 24th, 2008, 12:40 AM
That will be way cool for him. Maybe some ideas...
Would you post some more pictures please? I am strangely fascinated with their Walmart!
Thanks,
Chuck

hottytoddy
June 24th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I am sure we will take plenty of pictures! He is taking a vacation from Wal-Mart to go see a Wal-Mart. Go figure. It will be great though and I will post pics.