PDA

View Full Version : newcastle flight times

kimbal
May 18th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I will be sailing on ov11 on june 3rd.The problem is that my flight does not get in till 5.40 and the boat sails at 7.
That leaves 1 hr and 20 mins to get on board.
What if the flight is delayed.
Anyone had a simular problem

Single Cruiser
May 18th, 2008, 10:45 AM
If the flight is an OV charter flight the ship waits. Nearly all the times I've sailed with OV we have sailed late. This year from Jamaica we were due out at about 8Pm and sailed about 1AM in the morning whilst awaiting the 2nd Manchester flight passengers and their err.. diversion via Canada!

Thats one of the few reasons I wouldn't chose a cruise only booking and book my own flights as if your own flight gets delayed and the OV flights all arrive on time that saving of 50 or so vanishes when you have to find a flight to the next port of call (which will be in 2 days as the 1st is a sea day) and find hotel to stay for two nights.

Aplmac
May 18th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Don't you just love air travel, these days? :)

More and more
catching a cruise(any cruise) out of Southampton or other South Coast UK port
seems attractive. ;)

kimbal
May 18th, 2008, 10:55 AM
the flight is a ov charter flight so if the flight is late the boat waits.That puts my ind at rest

Doc2410
May 18th, 2008, 11:37 AM
the flight is a ov charter flight so if the flight is late the boat waits.That puts my ind at rest

Looks like you'll be joining myself, Naishie & Verso on board. See you there :D :D :D