PDA

View Full Version : Daily Exercise Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Odoyal Rulez
July 30th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Hey pals, post here what you did today to help you record the physical fitness goals you have. Sharing is caring! Maybe this can motivate others to stick with it.

Today I did 35 minutes of mild incline on a treadmill, then some curls and tricep extensions for about 15 minutes...had to be at work early so cut it short.

bobandkelly
July 31st, 2008, 04:40 PM
2.5 mi walk, I did not time it but I generally walk pretty fast. Timing is hard because I take my dog and I need to stop a couple of times to let her potty. She is a good walker, keeps a good pace.
Kelly

Odoyal Rulez
July 31st, 2008, 05:19 PM
Did some flat benching, managed to finally throw up 300lbs, which has been a goal for me for a long time, my shoulders are tore up and its real hard to move any significant weight with a barbell..

Cable Crossovers, hammer curls, pec flyes, etc..

No cardio will try to go tonight.

Odoyal Rulez
August 4th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Missed a few days was a hectic weekend.

Managed to rackpull 635 on Saturday morning along with a ton of other back exercises. Heres a pic if anyone cares.

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/9275/rackliftcopynk7.jpg

Then today did 65 minutes on a treadmill and about 15 minutes in the steam room. Got 6 weeks till my cruise really need to lose 10 more pounds..who doesnt tho right?

Odoyal Rulez
August 5th, 2008, 05:31 PM
30 minutes on the ol treadmill...really want to go back again tonight.

bjar719
August 5th, 2008, 09:40 PM
I haven't seen this until today or I would have been posting sooner. I just got off my stationary recumbent bike after 45 minutes. I recently joined a gym for the weight machines so I can tone my muscles (especially my weak upper body); the bike is really for the cardio workout. I worked out at the gym yesterday, so I'll be going back tomorrow. I usually try to do the bike for at least 30 minutes 4 -5 times a week.

Odoyal Rulez, you are working hard on your fitness so I'd imagine losing those 10 pounds should be no problem for you. Keep up the good work!

lhanson38
August 5th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I'm good for 25 to 30 min with the bowflex and 45 min on high incline on the treadmill or if I'm pressed for time Jillian Michaels 20 min shread now thats hard....Today i did'nt work out but i did spend 4 hours power washing the gazbo and pool deck .
Leigh

tlovesdis
August 6th, 2008, 12:50 AM
I did about 30 minutes on the weigh machines and then 35 minutes on the nordic glider thingy (not sure what it is called). I burned 500 calories on the glider!!

Tina in Antioch, CA
NCL Star 10/18/08
First cruise EVER!

Odoyal Rulez
August 6th, 2008, 06:46 PM
ok i did go back last night..did a chest workout..flatbench, dumbell inclines, some flyes no cardio

then this morning i went in and did some leg work...leg extensions, leg presses, stiff legged dead lifts and calf work...goin back tonight try to get in 45 minutes of cardio...if not ill get 30 at least..depends on my girl..when she peters out i call it quits...

shes trying to lose like 20 lbs before this vacation and its not gonna happen (not that she needs to lose weight she still shops in junior section)

i told her id get her down 10 if she eats what i tell her to and exercise with me.

bjar719
August 7th, 2008, 08:40 AM
I was too busy to get to this thread last night, so this is for yesterday....I worked out at the gym for an hour. There are about 15 different machines that I rotate through, doing 3 sets of 10 - 12 reps on each. Combined they work a variety of muscles. Then I did 50 minutes on my exercise bike once I was home.

tlovesdis
August 7th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Last night I did 30 minutes on the weight machines and 35 on the nordic glider! Burned another 500 calories on the glider!

I have a cold today though so I may not go to my Zumba class tonight. I have to wait and see how I feel later!

Tina

dontstayathome
August 7th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I walk (with a friend...because to me that's key!)3 miles - at least 5 nights a week.

Odoyal Rulez
August 7th, 2008, 06:22 PM
i did manage to get bqack last night for about 35 minutes of cardio

today i did a ton of curls and triceps work

tonight prolly going ot knock out more cardio..swear im at that gym more than i am at home

bjar719
August 7th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I just did 30 minutes on my bike. Not much but at least I hit the minimum amount of time. I only did 30 because my husband was waiting for me to finish so we could go to the pool. Now, I hear thunder outside so I guess no pool for us. But...I'm done with the exercise today anyway.

Odoyal Rulez
August 8th, 2008, 04:35 PM
30+ more minutes cardio last night..nothing thismorning...but going to gym tonight...feel like dying im so exhausted..glad im taking tomorrow off to hit the state fair and overdose on turkey legs.

RachieLnnn
August 9th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Hi all, hope you don't mind if I join you.

I started workout #1 of the Couch Potato to 5K Program. About 1/2 hour of alternating walking and running.

Hopefully once I complete the program I'll be posting that I ran a 5k! :)

bjar719
August 9th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Welcome, RachieLnnn! How long does the program take to get you ready for a 5K? Good luck with it!

I didn't do the cardio yesterday, but I did get in an hour workout on the weights at the gym. Today I rode my stationary bike for 50 minutes. I really get the sweat flowing when I'm riding. I read when I ride so it doesn't seem so monotonous, plus it helps me look forward to riding because I know I will get some uninterrupted reading in which I love.

RachieLnnn
August 10th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the welcome! The program says it takes 9 weeks and anyone can find it by googling " Couch Potato to 5K." I have to say the first day was pretty easy, but it warns you not to skip ahead too fast and it really will build up your endurance.

I forgot to post that yesterday I also spent some time with handweights doing curls, tricep extensions, etc. as well as some lunges and crunches. I find doing this really helps me lose weight... instead of just cardio alone. Plus, I like the way my arms look! I want to get ready for a very pretty crusie formal dress for November. :)

lhanson38
August 10th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Hi Odoyal,
Help..I started working out with a bowflex....love how everything is looking....But my triceps on my right arm are really looking good but not so good on the left....How do i fix this...Oh i am working with 35lbs rods and up to 10/12 reps
Thanks
Leigh

bjar719
August 11th, 2008, 11:10 AM
For some reason, I have a problem getting to this thread on the day I actually do the exercise....

Yesterday, I did about 50 minutes on the weights at the gym, rode my bike for 40 minutes, and even got in a 20 minute walk with my husband and the dogs. We also hit the pool, but since all I did was float around, I can't count any exercise there. But, boy, did it feel good!

tlovesdis
August 11th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Hi everyone,

I have been sick since Wednesday, but finally went back to the gym yesterday. I did about 30 minutes on the weigh machines and then 45 minutes on the glider. I burned 630 calories!!!

Tina in Antioch, CA

Odoyal Rulez
August 11th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Hi Odoyal,
Help..I started working out with a bowflex....love how everything is looking....But my triceps on my right arm are really looking good but not so good on the left....How do i fix this...Oh i am working with 35lbs rods and up to 10/12 reps
Thanks
Leigh

I've never worked on a Bow Flex, however lagging or un symetrical body parts are extremely common in most people. I have an almost 3/4 inch difference in my biceps, so i feel your pain. I have been told by many people that it takes years of work to get parts to match up, and they do it by constantly working on the lagging part.

FOr instance if your doing curls, they might do a few extra reps with the arm that is lacking growth...or switch to dumbells over barbells to eliminate any compensating your body uses when lifting.

If youre using that bowflex..are their any ways you can use it with just 1 arm at a time? Maybe do a few extra sets with that arm..or some pushups with a block or brick under one hand so your body has to force the other side to do more work...?

Either way good luck on bringng it up..its not easy, just keep working on it.

RachieLnnn
August 11th, 2008, 12:53 PM
This morning I did Workout #2 for the couch potato to 5K. I also plan on walking home from work tonight (about 1.8 miles). :)

lhanson38
August 11th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks Odoyal
I thought thats what you might say...So i added 5 extra reps....and added 15 pushups...not sure if i can do a push on a brick on one side but i will try.....I've just got to get rid of the batwings....been working really hard at getting back in 2 shape...I still have aways to go but i have lost 20lbs and gone down 3 sizes in the months...50 more lbs to go.
But everyday a can really see a diff in my bodys tone.
Leigh

Odoyal Rulez
August 12th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Thanks Odoyal
I thought thats what you might say...So i added 5 extra reps....and added 15 pushups...not sure if i can do a push on a brick on one side but i will try.....I've just got to get rid of the batwings....been working really hard at getting back in 2 shape...I still have aways to go but i have lost 20lbs and gone down 3 sizes in the months...50 more lbs to go.
But everyday a can really see a diff in my bodys tone.
Leigh

Shoot..im trying to get bat wings... (biggerlats) ha ha.

Yesterday did incline dumbell presses, flat dumbell presses, flyes, cable crossovers, hammer curls, reverse curls

bjar719
August 13th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Monday I did 35 minutes on the bike and yesterday I worked out at the gym for a little over an hour. Then my husband and I spent the late afternoon and most of the evening rearranging our bedroom, so I count all that pushing and lifting of heavy furniture as exercise too! ;)

tlovesdis
August 13th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Last night I went to the gym. I did about 20 minutes on the weight machines and then 45 minutes on the nordic glider. I burned 600+ calories on the glider!!!

lhanson38
August 13th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Up the weight on the bowflex Up to 40lbs did arms and back 30 mins
used a 15lbs hand weight for extra work on tricepts damm near killed me...lol
Only 30 min on tread but work at highest incline and up the speed
also jogged on it for about 10 min...That will be it for me I'm off to work.
Leigh

Odoyal Rulez
August 13th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Tbar rows, barbells rows, rack pulls, some curls, hammer curls

going to do cardio tonight after work...

bjar719
August 14th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Last night I did 65 minutes on my bike; boy, watching the Olympics while exercising is really motivating!! I'm planning a trip to the gym in a little while to get today's workout in. I'm going out-of-town tomorrow for the weekend and with all I've got to do to get ready, I'm not sure I'll make it on the bike today. Since I'll be riding in a car much of the weekend, I hope I can get it in.

Barbie

tlovesdis
August 14th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Last night I did about 15 minutes on the weight machines (only upper body) and then took a 1 hour Zumba dance class!

bjar719
August 14th, 2008, 02:43 PM
I spent over an hour at the gym earlier and found out something I hadn't heard before. Maybe some of the rest of you can confirm (or debunk) it. I was told that if you do the weight work-out first and then the cardio, then you will find the cardio workout to be a more efficient fat-burning session than doing it first. Something about the weights burning most of the stores of glycogen (I think that's what she said, I could be wrong) in your muscles so that when you get going on the cardio, you start burning the fat sooner. It sounded plausible, so when I got home I got on my exercise bike shortly afterward and rode for 40 minutes. If this is true, do any of you (Odoyal) know how long you have afterward to get going on your cardio before your muscles rebuild their store of glycogen (or whatever)? Would 30 minutes to an hour be too long to wait? Or is this just an exercise myth? If this is true, it will certainly influence how soon I get to my bike after my gym workout.

I'll be out of touch until next Tuesday, so have a great weekend and great workouts everybody!

Barbie

tlovesdis
August 14th, 2008, 03:01 PM
I spent over an hour at the gym earlier and found out something I hadn't heard before. Maybe some of the rest of you can confirm (or debunk) it. I was told that if you do the weight work-out first and then the cardio, then you will find the cardio workout to be a more efficient fat-burning session than doing it first. Something about the weights burning most of the stores of glycogen (I think that's what she said, I could be wrong) in your muscles so that when you get going on the cardio, you start burning the fat sooner. It sounded plausible, so when I got home I got on my exercise bike shortly afterward and rode for 40 minutes. If this is true, do any of you (Odoyal) know how long you have afterward to get going on your cardio before your muscles rebuild their store of glycogen (or whatever)? Would 30 minutes to an hour be too long to wait? Or is this just an exercise myth? If this is true, it will certainly influence how soon I get to my bike after my gym workout.

I'll be out of touch until next Tuesday, so have a great weekend and great workouts everybody!

Barbie

I have no idea if it is true or not, but it is how I work out. A few friends as well as two trainers at my gym told me to do weights first then cardio and that's what I have been doing!

Odoyal Rulez
August 14th, 2008, 06:04 PM
The concept is about right, but i'll explain it to you how I was taught. Your body stores carbohydrates as glycogen which either get burned or turned over into fat if not used. WHen pumping iron your body uses the stores of glycogen first, this is why youre normally stronger at teh beginning of your workout..and peter out later because you've exhausted your glycogen stores.

Then when doing cardio you have no glycogen to burn through and the body starts stripping muscle and fat.

If like to do a split where i do weights at one session then cardio later, or cardio in the morning then weights later..but if im running short on time i normally lift weights first.

A LOT of bodybuilders tend to do cardio first thing in the morning with a heart rate no higher than 125 as this tends to be the optimal zone to burn fat. We dont like running fast and having our body use muscle as an energy source, so by walking slow at a steady pace for an hour or calorie expenditure mainly comes from fat stores after the glycogen is used. Then we eat a carb/protein breakfast and lift weights a few hours later.

I find i have the best fat loss results doing cardio first thing in the morning before eating anything. Thats me tho.

Odoyal Rulez
August 14th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Today i did front squats, reg squats, leg presses, leg extensions and SLDL's (stiff legged deadlifts).

Somehow managed to tweak my back..sitting is killer and im at a desk job.

lhanson38
August 14th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Thats how i do it. My trainer has me do a greenzime drink and a burn suplment. wait a 1/2 hour then work out with weights then cardio
He said just follow that and i would see the shred and boy have i.

My work out today free weights for lats,tri,&bi I am hurting..
Bowflex for lower body 40 upper & lower abs
45 min on the treadmill while doing punches
Leigh

Odoyal Rulez
August 14th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Thats how i do it. My trainer has me do a greenzime drink and a burn suplment. wait a 1/2 hour then work out with weights then cardio
He said just follow that and i would see the shred and boy have i.

My work out today free weights for lats,tri,&bi I am hurting..
Bowflex for lower body 40 upper & lower abs
45 min on the treadmill while doing punches
Leigh

man thats a killer workout..good job

Odoyal Rulez
August 15th, 2008, 03:35 PM
guess i hurt my back more than i thought..was eating excedrin like skittles last night..just did a little cardio on a bike today

lhanson38
August 16th, 2008, 02:51 PM
How's the back today Odoyal ? Better i hope.
I did a lite work out this morning 30 min on tread mill at high incline
and about 15 min with the free weights.
My plan was to come home this afternoon and do other workout
But i gave blood this morning and it has left me felling very nauseous
and a bit lite headed.
Not good i have to work this afternoon.
Leigh

Odoyal Rulez
August 18th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Back kept me out of commision until sunday...by then it was too late to workout and my gyms closed all week. Sucks not working out for 4 days as thats my life anymore. Not only does it help me physically but it helps me deal with stuff mentally too. Its a place for me to zone out and not have to deal with problems.

Guess ill be doing pushups this week and maybe borrow a gazelle from my fiances friend. Gym opens up Saturday and im going to be in their with a passion.

bobandkelly
August 18th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Hi all, I posted here in the beginning of the thread but not anymore after. I'm going to try again just for some extra motivation.
Today was a 2.5 mi. run/walk, 20 min. free weights for upper body.
Odoyal, maybe your gym is closed at the right time so your back has time to heal. (I always try to find something postive in things.) Hope you heal quickly.
Kelly

Odoyal Rulez
August 18th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Hi all, I posted here in the beginning of the thread but not anymore after. I'm going to try again just for some extra motivation.
Odoyal, maybe your gym is closed at the right time so your back has time to heal. (I always try to find something postive in things.) Hope you heal quickly.
Kelly

Eh im def overtrained, so i need the time off..just wish it could wait 3 weeks till im on this cruise... i guess i could walk around the neighborhood too like you guys...matter off act i think i will tomorrow...give me a chance to see the outdoors a little heh!

Odoyal Rulez
August 18th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Kelly

Eh im def overtrained, so i need the time off..just wish it could wait 3 weeks till im on this cruise... i guess i could walk around the neighborhood too like you guys...matter off act i think i will tomorrow...give me a chance to see the outdoors a little heh!

bobandkelly
August 19th, 2008, 08:54 AM
A beautiful morning! 3mi walk done. I want to start pilates again, it's been months and I miss it but I guess not enough to start again. I feel so good when I am doing it, why do I stop?
Kelly

Odoyal Rulez
August 19th, 2008, 07:48 PM
day 6 no working out...thought about runnin around the neighborhood but my darn back is still tight...talked the gf into a little cardio in the bedroom guess thatll have to do till tomorrow.

lhanson38
August 20th, 2008, 12:06 AM
35 Min bowflex and free weights working back, arms & chest.
45 Min on high incline on treadmill.
Spent the rest of the morning taking plants, birdfeeders Lawn furiture back outside..got to just love faye. And we still don't know what shes going to do.
Leigh

bobandkelly
August 20th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Another beautiful day! It was a cool 3mi run/walk (mostly run.) It's warmed up to 53F, it won't be long and we will have frost. This is my first year running outside and I am wondering how long I will go for. It all depends on how much snow we get. I am hoping at least till my Nov cruise then if I have to go back to the treadmill for a few months to maintain I will be ok.
I also did 20 min of weights for arms/back/shoulders.
kelly

Odoyal Rulez
August 20th, 2008, 04:19 PM
53? wow thats crisp...you live up north i assume.

Glad to see you guys sticking with it.. i woke up today so refreshed, a little back pain but nothing bad. Ive been lifting 6 days a week since thanksgiving of last year with no breaks, so this is well overdue...cant wait for saturday tho,

bjar719
August 20th, 2008, 05:31 PM
You guys have been busy while I was away! Sorry to hear about your back, Odoyal, but it sounds like it is getting better and with your gym opening back up on Saturday, you should be good to go. Leigh, you must be in south FL if you're taking your stuff back OUTside. I'm in NE FL and we are bracing for the storm. Every report is a little different than the last so I really don't know what to expect. I do know we don't have to go into work (I work in a high school) tomorrow, so that's good.

I got back from my 4 day weekend and couldn't wait to get back to the gym and on my exercise bike. Last night I spent an hour on the weight machines and 45 minutes on my bike. I know I'll get on the bike tonight for at least 30 minutes...probably longer. Tomorrow if Fay doesn't hit us too hard and the power is still on, I'll be able to make it to the gym in a more leisurely fashion (no waiting until I get off work).

RachieLnnn
August 20th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Today I plan on walking home from work at a brisk pace (about 1.8 miles) then continuing my 5K training on the treadmill when I get home. I'm on week #2 of 9.

I'm thinking of signing up for a Turkey Trot as motivation, but I'll have to work around our cruise! :)

bobandkelly
August 21st, 2008, 08:26 AM
a 3mi walk
kelly

perkyblue
August 21st, 2008, 10:31 AM
Yesterday I spent an hour and a half on the elliptical, about 25 minutes on the Wii Fit, and did 20 sit-ups.

Today I'll spend an hour on the elliptical, do 20 sit-ups, and probably at least 20 minutes on the Wii Fit.

bjar719
August 21st, 2008, 11:16 AM
I did 55 minutes on the exercise bike last night. If Fay doesn't knock our power out or flood our streets (she is starting to whip up around us), my daughter and I will be going to the gym shortly. Fortunately we have keys to get in even when there is no one there on staff. Then I will come home and jump back on my bike. Because of the storm, I didn't have to go to work today! :D

bobandkelly
August 22nd, 2008, 09:00 AM
2.5 mi run/walk, 20 min weights. YEAH it's Friday! I made it through another week!
kelly

RachieLnnn
August 22nd, 2008, 12:09 PM
On Wednesday I did some free weights, lunges, crunches, etc.

Last night I did workout #5 for my 5K Prep. My knee was hurting a bit though - I stretched my ACL last February, but I don't know if it's related. I think I might start wrapping it when I workout for some support. :cool:

Odoyal Rulez
August 22nd, 2008, 03:10 PM
Wrapping is a good idea especially if you have a past injury..just dont let it become a crutch.

Tommorrow my gym opens at 6am...its on.

perkyblue
August 24th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Yesterday I spent 20 minutes doing Wii Fit -- Including the "Island Run" (jogging in place non-stop for 8 minutes), which I did twice, and 20 jackknives.

I actually work more on the weekends than I do during the week, so I don't exercise much on weekends. (I'm an ice skating coach, so I have to work around the kids' school schedules.)

bjar719
August 24th, 2008, 10:00 AM
I did end up making the the gym on Thursday inspite of the storm, and then I went again yesterday. I've also been on my bike every day since Tuesday. I've spent at least 50 minutes, usually 60 minutes, pedaling away. Today I take measurements again. I'm doing it every other week, and this will be my third time since starting at the gym.

Barbie

debbie1008
August 24th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I did a 6 mile bike ride (lots of hiills) and 20 minute Power Scupt :)
8lbs to go!

Debbie

Odoyal Rulez
August 24th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Man they woosified my gym...turned in my 30 day notice, all the equipment is girlish and new, gone is all the good hardcore stuff.

Did flat bench, incline work, triceps and biceps lot of calf work, finally getting a split and veins on my calves...

perkyblue
August 24th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Another easy Wii-Fit day for me, since I had to meet someone for lunch, work for a couple hours, and take my son to the pool. I spent about 25 minutes on the Wii-Fit.

bobandkelly
August 25th, 2008, 08:32 AM
45F feels like 42F! won't be long and we'll have frost on the pumpkin! It was a beautiful day for a run. 2.5 mi run/walk, 20 min. weights. Hope everyone enjoys thier exercise. Sorry about your gym Odoyal, hope you can find another one.
kelly

Odoyal Rulez
August 25th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Back workout today...felt really good went through it quickly short rests.

Did some pull ups to stretch./warm up and tehn went right to one arm rows with dumbells

10x100 warm up 12x120 then 16x130 the gym only goes up to 130lbs dumbells so worked with what i had

hammer strength hi rows - burned out up to 4 plates each side
low rows same thing

cable rows same thing...worked on trying to get a nice pump rather than getting heavy weight moving

normally i do deadlifts but due to the recent back pain i decided it wasnt worth it today...maybe next week or this weekend.

no cardio...have to force myself to do this tomorrow

bobandkelly
August 26th, 2008, 08:36 AM
2.5mi walk, 20 min pilates
kelly

perkyblue
August 26th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Yesterday I spent 90 min. on the Wii Fit, 10 minutes on the elliptical, and did 20 sit-ups.

debbie1008
August 26th, 2008, 03:55 PM
10 mile bike ride :) Beautiful day on the Eastern Shore!

bobandkelly
August 27th, 2008, 08:34 AM
an almost 3 mi run/walk (mostly run) 20 min weights
kelly

perkyblue
August 27th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Yesterday I spent 40 minutes on the Wii Fit.

bjar719
August 27th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I spent an hour at the gym last night and then came home and rode my bike for 55 minutes. This afternoon I spent some time mowing my backyard, and if you could see it, you'd understand this is indeed exercise! The weeds, I mean grass, are long past needing to be mowed, and with all the rain from Fay the ground is still soggy. Plus, our lawn mower is older and not self-propelled. So, it is definitely exercise. If I can bring myself to do so, I'll get on the bike this evening; it will ensure that I get at least a little reading time in. ;)

Odoyal Rulez
August 27th, 2008, 05:54 PM
shoulder day

did some dumbell presses, lateral raises, upright rows, shrugs, then a lot of calf work..really trying to get my calves bigger and more defined.

prolly do some cardio tonight...really been slacking on cardio but my weight is plummeting..i guess im finally through this plateau.

mtaylor04
August 27th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Monday I walked three miles, today I biked for 6 miles.

perkyblue
August 27th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I spent about 35 minutes on the Wii Fit, plus my 20 daily sit-ups (which I forgot yesterday -- Oops! :rolleyes: ).

I wanted to get on the elliptical, but we're having work done in the house, so I had to wait around all day wondering when the guy would show up. Didn't want to get all sweaty and then have to wait around a few hours for him to finish working before I could go take a shower! :eek:

bobandkelly
August 28th, 2008, 07:57 AM
2.5 mi walk
kelly

BuilderMan
August 28th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Great thread! Just found it today (my life has been crazy lately!) and scanned some of the posts.

I have a daily goal of 45 min of exercise per day with 1 rest day per week. I do a variety of exercise tapes (mostly Tony Horton's) and also have an exercise bike and treadmill at home.

Yesterday's results were low due to having too many interruptions but I did manage to do a total of 20 min of total body workouts using resitance bands.

Today's intentions:
abs/cardio/upper body with a daily total of 60 min.

Lynn

Odoyal Rulez
August 28th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Barbell Curls, dips, dumbell seated curls, machine dips, hammer curls, tricep extensions, machine curls, pushdowns

ended up doing some cardio last night...

mtaylor04
August 28th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Crazy busy day, so I had to break things up. Walked 1 mile before work, rode the bike 2 miles at lunch and walked 1 mile after work.

bjar719
August 28th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I only did 35 minutes on the bike last night and it was a struggle to keep it up that long. Some days I can go longer at a higher mph without too much trouble, but not last night. Today I went to the gym for an hour and will get on the bike in a little while. I'm hoping that I have better endurance tonight.

Welcome, Lynn!

Barbie

bobandkelly
August 29th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Sleep.
Yes I slept in. I shut the alarm clock off and rolled over.
Actually I was not feeling well and did not want to run and be sick. I am thinking it is just the busyness of time right now. DD is packing to leave for college tomorrow morning and there is last minute stuff to do. Come Monday all will be well again and I will be back out running/walking!
Hope you all have a good weekend
kelly

klct39lg
August 29th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Hello All~

I read the whole thread and you guys are awesome! :)

I decided to ramp up my physical fitness (non) routine. I have always done something, but I get bored easily and quit. I usually switch to another routine but a year ago I just stopped and all I've been doing is a 40 minute dog walk daily. I try to keep it brisk, but dogs have to sniff and potty....

So, Monday I started doing my Nordic Track for 25 minutes followed by 8 minutes of sit ups and 20 push ups and then walk the dogs for 40 minutes. My mood is definitely improving and already my body feels stronger.

I am so glad that I found this thread and I hope you have room for 1 more.

Lisa

BuilderMan
August 29th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Yesterday's results:
20 min cardio
40 min abs and upper body

Today's intentions:
cardio/total body/lower body (Tony Horton's DVD's)

Tomorrow is my scheduled rest day.

Lynn

bobandkelly
August 29th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Lisa, we have room for many more! As long people want to exercise we are here! Even if we aren't physically exercising together we are in spirit and encouragement.
kelly

klct39lg
August 29th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Thank you Kelly.:)

cruisinsly
August 29th, 2008, 03:50 PM
OMG I need soooo much help with motivation for exercises. I cant stand to exercise. Just dont like it. That is one reason why I am overweight. As much as I cant stand exercises, I can no longer stand being overweight. It seems that out of each week, I will do one or two days worth of exercises lately. That's not enough and I know it. I have been hugely depressed lately. Trying to pull myself out of it. This week I have done exercises on 3 different days (including today). My goal is to start exercising at least 4 days and then move up to 6. Today I did 30 minutes of a dvd (Leslie Sansone Walk at home 3 mile weight loss walk). It was the equivalent of 2 miles and had some strengh training in there too. I also did 300 stomach crunches.

Can all of you help keep me on track? Stacy

bobandkelly
August 29th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Congratulations Stacy on wanting to be healthier!! You don't ever have to like exercise you just have to do it. For some they find something that they like. Me I loved my treadmill for a few years. This past spring I started walking outside again. Then I started running. Who thought at 48 I'd decide to try that?! And I do like pilates (have a Denise Austin dvd.) I always feel better when I am doing that a couple of times a week. But even though I like it and feel better I stopped a couple of months ago. Now I am starting again. So get up and do what you can, everyday is a new day to start over!
Oh most days when my alarm goes off I still want to stay in bed. But I always feel good when I come back and post my walk/run!
kelly

Odoyal Rulez
August 29th, 2008, 06:28 PM
OMG I need soooo much help with motivation for exercises. I cant stand to exercise. Just dont like it. That is one reason why I am overweight. As much as I cant stand exercises, I can no longer stand being overweight. It seems that out of each week, I will do one or two days worth of exercises lately. That's not enough and I know it. I have been hugely depressed lately. Trying to pull myself out of it. This week I have done exercises on 3 different days (including today). My goal is to start exercising at least 4 days and then move up to 6. Today I did 30 minutes of a dvd (Leslie Sansone Walk at home 3 mile weight loss walk). It was the equivalent of 2 miles and had some strengh training in there too. I also did 300 stomach crunches.

Can all of you help keep me on track? Stacy

It's great to see you make this change in your life. In time if you stick with it, exercise becomes habit , and all of a sudden its not a chore anymore, and when you get thinner and look better and see all that hard work paying off, you want to do it more and more to look better and better.

I would urge you to make sure when you exercise to do something you kind of enjoy. Forcing yourself to exercise just for the sake of exercise can lead to quick burnout and quitting. Your best bet is to look through dvd's and find something you like throw on your ipod and zone out.

I remember the first time i got on an eliptical, i lasted 5 minutes and 40 seconds and was about to puke. It was pathetic heh.

Odoyal Rulez
August 29th, 2008, 06:30 PM
SOme major major crap went down at work last nite and i had to run from one end of the hospital tothe other trying to get some help. Ive got horrible knees from years of being overweight so running sucks for me. Woke up this morning and yep...the old knees were throbbing.

So went to gym and hit the eliptical for 45 minutes, then rode a bike for 45 more, did some arm exercises and called it a day. I wanted to do a trifecta and hit 45 minutes of treadmill...but oh well, maybe tonight.

cruisinsly
August 30th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Rain Rain go away - you have taken all my motivation away!! Yeap, it has rained here all day. All I want to do is sleep or watch movies.

Thanks BobandKelly and Odoyal Rulez (I am an Adam Sandler fan) for the warm welcome.

perkyblue
August 31st, 2008, 02:12 PM
I spent an hour on the elliptical today (heart rate intervals -- low interval = 141 and high interval = 160)

Plus 15 min. on Wii Fit and 30 sit-ups.

Odoyal Rulez
August 31st, 2008, 02:58 PM
Deadlifts, incline bench, hammer curls, curls, extension...

bobandkelly
September 1st, 2008, 08:28 AM
3mi run/walk, 20 min upper body weights
Today was a strange one, kept hearing gun shots. Got home to see that it is the first day of WI morning dove hunt! Now I am wondering, all that for those little birds? I am wondering if it is not some other hunting season too. I better check on that! And wear orange!
hope you all have a great day!
kelly

bobandkelly
September 1st, 2008, 08:37 AM
I had to check the dnr site, it is also an early season for Candadian geese. I thought that was alot of shooting for morning doves! I might be back on the treadmill sooner than I want.
kelly

BuilderMan
September 1st, 2008, 02:01 PM
Saturday was my scheduled rest day.

Sunday - 30 min on a stationary bike

Today's intentions:
cardio/upper body

BTW, found a great website to log in your food consumption and exercises:
myfitnesspal.com.

Lynn

debbie1008
September 1st, 2008, 04:40 PM
20 minutes upper body workout Jackie Warner video
20 minutes lower body workoout Jackie Warner video.

5lbs to go....:D

Debbie

perkyblue
September 1st, 2008, 05:59 PM
90 minutes on the elliptical. I did the Heart Rate Hill program (heart rate setting of 137-156) and burned 1128 calories!

Also did 40 sit-ups and some Wii Fit.

bobandkelly
September 2nd, 2008, 08:48 AM
kelly

BuilderMan
September 2nd, 2008, 09:50 AM
Yesterday:
35 min cardio
30 min upper body

Today's intentions:
cardio/abs/stretch

Lynn

klct39lg
September 2nd, 2008, 10:07 AM
Yesterday:
(took it easy because of a bad night's sleep due to 2 glasses of red wine too late in the evening)
22 minutes on NordicTrack ski machine
160 sit ups
30 push ups
walked dogs 20 minutes

Today:
30 minutes on Nordic Track ski machine
240 sit ups
20 leg raises for lower abs
30 push ups (hate them more every day...)
walked dogs 35 minutes

This is only my second week of *kicking* up my physical activity from just long walks. I am feeling much happier with less anxiety.

*I discovered that by eating a protein bar or a handful of raw mixed nuts really improves my endurance on the Nordic Track, also I am not starving to death 30 minutes after exercising.:)

BuilderMan
September 2nd, 2008, 10:10 AM
Today:
30 minutes on Nordic Track ski machine
240 sit ups
20 leg raises for lower abs
30 push ups (hate them more every day...)
walked dogs 35 minutes

Try breaking them into sets of 10 x 3 with something else in between. It seems to make them more tolerable.

Lynn

klct39lg
September 2nd, 2008, 10:56 AM
Try breaking them into sets of 10 x 3 with something else in between. It seems to make them more tolerable.

Lynn

Thanks Lynn, that's what I do, 3 sets of 10. Usually what I do between sets is think about how much I hate push ups.:D

What are some things to do between sets?

Thanks again.
Lisa

BuilderMan
September 2nd, 2008, 11:18 AM
What are some things to do between sets?

Thanks again.
Lisa

You could do some shoulder rolls or stretching for 30 seconds or you could do a set of something else like leg lifts or whatever. I do shoulder rolls myself and it seems to work pretty well.

Lynn

Odoyal Rulez
September 2nd, 2008, 01:32 PM
flat bench, flyes, upright rows, shrugs, machine flyes, machine bench, hammer curls

30 minutes of cardio

perkyblue
September 2nd, 2008, 10:35 PM
80 minutes on the elliptical - Heart Rate Speed Interval program (Low interval = 125, High interval = 165) Burned 931 calories!

Also 40 sit-ups and 40 minutes on Wii Fit.

cruisinsly
September 2nd, 2008, 11:20 PM
2 mile walk today. Didnt want to, but finally gave in and just did it.

bobandkelly
September 3rd, 2008, 08:51 AM
3mi run/walk, did some sprint work today. It felt good when it was done! 20 min weights.
kelly

klct39lg
September 3rd, 2008, 11:07 AM
34 min. Nordic Track Skier
30 @#$% push-ups with stretching between 10's ;)
20 straight leg raises
240 crunches varied to get 'em all
35 min. walk with doggies

Odoyal Rulez
September 3rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
one arm rows, machine rows, pulldowns..car-dee-oh!

perkyblue
September 3rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
70 minutes on the elliptical
37 minutes on Wii Fit
40 sit-ups

bjar719
September 3rd, 2008, 05:49 PM
Man, Darci, you are going to town on that elliptical!!! I get worn out just reading about how hard and long you work out on it.

Lisa, you and your push-ups have me chuckling. I feel the exact same way.

Although I've been too busy to post, I have been working out. I hit the gym for an hour last night to work with the weight machines and then got on my exercise bike at home for a 50 minute ride. I stretch out afterward when my muscles are all warmed up. I'm not burning calories like Darci is, but I am definitely raising my heartrate and sweating.

Barbie

bobandkelly
September 3rd, 2008, 09:21 PM
Darci, I don't want you to think I'm crazy (though I have been told that before!) I am wondering about how much you are working out and how much food you are eating. Have you done a calorie check. You seem to be eating very little for the amount of exercise you are doing. I know for me I would not be able to survive on so little in a day especially doing so much exercise.
And before anyone jumps all over me I know it is not just about calories. A good balance of fruits, vegetables, fiber, protein... getting all the necessary vitamins, minerals.
ok that was my mom moment,
kelly

Odoyal Rulez
September 3rd, 2008, 10:15 PM
Darci, I don't want you to think I'm crazy (though I have been told that before!) I am wondering about how much you are working out and how much food you are eating. Have you done a calorie check. You seem to be eating very little for the amount of exercise you are doing. I know for me I would not be able to survive on so little in a day especially doing so much exercise.
And before anyone jumps all over me I know it is not just about calories. A good balance of fruits, vegetables, fiber, protein... getting all the necessary vitamins, minerals.
ok that was my mom moment,
kelly

I swear i was going to post the same thing..but didnt want to critique anyone elses game plan.

Odoyal Rulez
September 4th, 2008, 11:30 AM
cardio last night before bed...more cardio this morning after i dropped the kids off at school...

BuilderMan
September 4th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Yesterday:
50 min cardio
40 min lower body

Today's intentions:
cardio/total body (via Tony Horton DVD)

Lynn

perkyblue
September 4th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I just finished 70 minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes on Wii Fit, and 40 sit-ups.

klct39lg
September 4th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Stiff neck today, but I persevered.

35 minutes on ski machine (upped the tension a little)
290 sit-ups
20 leg raises
40 push ups!
30 minute walk with the doggies

cruisinsly
September 4th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Aaarrrggghhh!!

Ok, I was doing my walk (inside by dvd) tonight. Then I got an important phone call. Then I had to take care of my toddler. Now, it's too late. So, all I got was a half a mile in. Tomorrow is another day and I will work harder tomorrow to make up for today.
Stacy

bobandkelly
September 5th, 2008, 08:40 AM
3mi run/walk (more sprints) 20min. weights
kelly

BuilderMan
September 5th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Yesterday:
30 min cardio
37 min total body

Today's intentions:
cardio/lower body/arms

Lynn

Odoyal Rulez
September 5th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Wrecked my arms today...killer pump.

lhanson38
September 5th, 2008, 11:17 AM
25 Min Bowflex arms ,back, chest
35 Min treadmill on high incline
Will do other 35 min on tread before work.
Leigh

klct39lg
September 5th, 2008, 04:16 PM
30 minute on Nordic Track Skier (increased leg tension)
gobs of sit ups
30 push ups
30 minute stroll with dogs
20 leg raises

bjar719
September 5th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Since my last post, I've been back to the gym once and have ridden my exercise bike twice. I usually don't itemize out what I work on at the gym, but I basically work just about the whole body. There are 16 different weight machines that I make a circuit on. I figure hitting all of them will tone just about every muscle group there is. Okay, I could do more for my abs, but I'm not looking to get a wash-board stomach. It usually takes me an hour, sometimes a little longer, to do the whole circuit. I have been really thrilled that I could up the weight level comfortably (can you really use that word in conjunction with weights??) in my last workout. Although the muscle definition is maybe visible only to me, I must be getting stronger if I can do that. I've only been at it for about 5 weeks now.

perkyblue
September 6th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Yesterday I spent an hour on the Wii Fit and did 40 sit-ups.

debbie1008
September 6th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I'm 4 lbs away from goal and I haven't worked out in 2 days!! :eek: I'll work tomorrow before FOOTBALL!!!!!

Debbie

bobandkelly
September 6th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Saturday & Sunday are my days off of exercise. Anything I do on the weekend is a bonus. Today was weeding and a 2.5 mi with my dog.
kelly

bjar719
September 6th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Well, I made up today for not doing any exercise yesterday. I went to the gym with my daughter and found out my lower back is sore for some strange reason. I think when I was sweeping the stairs earlier today I must have done something to it. I know it wasn't hurting when I got out of bed this morning. Still, the workout at the gym wasn't too much of a problem. Then I rode my bike for 40 minutes after I got home from the gym. Then after eating a mammoth piece of watermelon, I mowed the front yard and a small portion of the back. I think I must have sweated off the whole watermelon! :eek: Now, if I lay around and do nothing but read and watch tv this evening, I won't feel guilty about it.

bobandkelly
September 8th, 2008, 09:02 AM
3mi. run/walk, 20 min weights
kelly

BuilderMan
September 8th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Saturday:
20 min cardio on exercise bike
30 min stretching

Sunday:
30 min cardio on exercise bike
20 min abs and upper body (arms)

Today's intentions:
cardio/total body/abs

Lynn

klct39lg
September 8th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Push ups
Nordic Track Skier
Sit ups
Leg raises
Walk with dogs

Odoyal Rulez
September 8th, 2008, 01:51 PM
screw it all darn it...i hardly exercised in 4 or 5 days, and ate pretty crappily..put on about 12-16 pounds...feel like a bloated corpse...none of my clothes fit right..and we leave on vacation on wednesday...ill never get this weight back off in time to enjoy this vacation and will probably be pissed the whole time...its not like i was eating a ton..i mean i was but not like whole pizzas and stuff....just carbs kill me and thats all i ate...

going to run extra tonight...extra tomorrow and eat 0 carbs hopefully can get off at least 5 lbs of water before i leave.

debbie1008
September 8th, 2008, 03:40 PM
20 min dvd 30 day shred by Jullian Michaels. She kicked my butt today, but it was worth it. 4lbs to go and leave for my Med cruise on Oct 1. I think I will make or even surpass my goal! :)

Debbie

BuilderMan
September 8th, 2008, 05:02 PM
....just carbs kill me and thats all i ate...

Carbs bloat me BIG TIME! Try drinking lots of extra water and up your cardio for a couple of days.

Lynn

bobandkelly
September 9th, 2008, 08:45 AM
It was 43F outside today! And it is staying darker. I might have to adjust my schedule soon. And will definately have to come in during deer hunting season. I live in an area where there are usually a few extra hunts besides the regular season. I did see 4 deer today, 2 big and 2 fawns, those little ones are so cute!
Did my 2.5mi walk then 20 min pilates.

Odoyal I hope you have a nice vacation! Try not to beat yourself up to much over the added lbs. Just get back to what you know you need to do. It's when we don't get back up that we fail.
kelly

klct39lg
September 9th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Odoyal~
Have a great cruise!

Odoyal Rulez
September 9th, 2008, 11:18 AM
30min weights 65min cardio...going back tonight to do more cardio...

bobandkelly
September 10th, 2008, 08:47 AM
3mi run/walk (some sprints) 20 min weights
kelly

BuilderMan
September 10th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Yesterday:
105 min all cardio

Today's intentions:
cardio/abs/lower body/total body

Lynn

lhanson38
September 10th, 2008, 10:29 AM
35 min bowflex abs, back, and arms
40 min treadmill high incline.
spent the rest of the afternoon floating around in the pool.
Leigh

P.S. Odoyal Have a wonderful trip...
If i can come back from a cruise and not have gained any weight.
And trust me while i really watched what i eat I was pretty bad in the
adult Bev area. Every sea day was spent on the lidio with margaritas.:)
you will come back having lost weight.

klct39lg
September 10th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Nordic Track
sit ups
push ups
squats
walk the dogs

Salsa Dancer
September 10th, 2008, 02:57 PM
3mi run/walk (some sprints) 20 min weights
kelly

Hi Kelly....My weight loss has flat-lined again and I've been doing the math and realizing that I'm not likely to meet my goal by March. I average about 1 lb. a week, with the plateaus factored in...actually, now less than a pound. What I wondered is, when did you start exercising...from the very beginning? or after a while into the eating changes were established? I've completed 14 weeks and have been fluctuating from 11 lbs. to 13 lbs. off. I don't exercise...nothing to speak of yet. Just started treadmilling. Did you notice an increase in steady weight loss after incorporating some exercise?

Anyone else out there with input? I'd appreciate it. I'm looking for some motivation.

bobandkelly
September 10th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Salsa, I have been a walker off & on forever! The portion control was definately later.
I really think that if you start to walk daily you will start to see a difference. Besides weight loss it is good for your heart health and that is the goal to be healthy!
The treadmill can be boring but put on some music and go! I see your in MI (I'm in NE WI but grew up in the UP,) so I know you will have winter soon, (ok hopefully not to soon but probably sooner than we want!) The treadmill can be your best friend. I will be back on mine soon. Mornings are getting dark, hunting season will start and after that it will be icy roads if I go out later.
Why don't you start posting your exercise. It feels good when you can say hey I did it today!!
kelly

klct39lg
September 10th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Salsa, I have been a walker off & on forever! The portion control was definately later.
I really think that if you start to walk daily you will start to see a difference. Besides weight loss it is good for your heart health and that is the goal to be healthy!
The treadmill can be boring but put on some music and go! I see your in MI (I'm in NE WI but grew up in the UP,) so I know you will have winter soon, (ok hopefully not to soon but probably sooner than we want!) The treadmill can be your best friend. I will be back on mine soon. Mornings are getting dark, hunting season will start and after that it will be icy roads if I go out later.
Why don't you start posting your exercise. It feels good when you can say hey I did it today!!
kelly

Salsa Dancer,

This thread helps me immensely.
I am not trying to lose weight, just wanted to firm up again. I started exercising 2-1/2 weeks ago and this thread keeps me accountable. When I am feeling sore or tired I come here and see what people have been doing and I want to add my activity to the list. However, starting this week I will be exercising every other day, I did 5 days a week for 2 weeks to jump start, now it will be every other day.

Good luck!:)

bobandkelly
September 11th, 2008, 08:43 AM
kelly

Salsa Dancer
September 11th, 2008, 06:36 PM
kelly

Thanks for the advice, Kelly. I may just start posting. I'm trying to increase my "activity" level as well as find motivation to exercise. Today I'm deep cleaning my house and might be starting a total "fall" cleaning soon. Cleaning burns a lot of calories and makes me feel good when it is done.

What you said is exactly right....I usually walk inside because of safety issues (narrow roads without much shoulder) on our street. The private road I live on would be fine but it's only 1/4 mile long and really boring. I worry about being a lady alone on the road when most of the people on our street are at work. There was an act of violence against a jogger (rape) just 2 miles from here. Not the norm at all, but it just happened a week or two ago. Treadmilling is what I prefer unless I have a buddy to walk with. The icy roads are the other issue for the winter, like you said, and then the hunters. :eek:

So being from the UP, you know what a "pasty" is for sure. :) My dad was born in Eckerman near St. Saint Marie.

KLCT39LG....I like your suggestion about the jump start for 5 days and then cutting back. I have foot and knee issues...knee is better but it flares up if I stand for too long and the foot seems to be my biggest issue lately. I know that exercise will help both problems in the long haul...just taking excess pressure off the joints and bones, but in the meantime, I've got some discomfort to work through so I try to use good judgment in what I do.

Thanks for the encouragement, you guys. I admire all of you for your discipline in working out. I'm not there yet, but hope to be into some form of simple routine with walking and 5 lb. weights.

bobandkelly
September 11th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Hi Salsa, It does sound like the treadmill will be good for you. Scarey that an attack was so close. Most of my outdoor walk is where there aren't any houses. And there have been times I've been creeped out. But it is so beautiful out. Most mornings there are others out walking or running so it feels safer. But I like to exercise in the morning and it will be to dark soon so back to the treadmill.

I love pasties! And if I don't make them huge they are portion controlled.
kelly

klct39lg
September 12th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Nordic Track Skier
push ups:rolleyes:
sit ups
leg raises
Will dogs during rain delay.;)

bobandkelly
September 15th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Today was my first day back on the treadmill. It is to dark to go out at 6 and I don't want to go out later. That would just mess with my day.
Since I was making the change I thought I'd change my routine a little to. So I did a 5min warm up walk, run for 5min, walk for 2min, some weights, walk for 2min, run for 5 min...... I did that for 50 min. 3.5 mi. By the end I was ready to be done!
kelly

BuilderMan
September 15th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I haven't posted my results for a few days. It's been crazy around here lately but I have been getting in my exercise best I can. I have to go and look at my exercise log to see what exactly I've done.

Kelly - I started back on the treadmill last week as well. I do a lot of strength and stretching exercises but haven't walked/jogged all summer. Boy were my legs sore! Definitely uses muscles in a different way than weights/aerobics does.

Lynn

bobandkelly
September 16th, 2008, 08:11 PM
2.5mi walk with my dog, 20 min pilates (my dog layed on the couch and slept!)

I am sore from yesterday. Who would have thought that those changes to my routine would make such a difference? I think I will try that again tomorrow.
kelly

bobandkelly
September 17th, 2008, 08:53 AM
3.5 mi treadmill mixed up with weights like on Monday.
After some coffee & breakfast I'm going to do some gardening chores.
kelly

BuilderMan
September 17th, 2008, 09:48 AM
40 min cardio and 30 min abs/total body.

I got a demo DVD of a new Chalene Johnson (TurboJam fame) extreme workout series that is coming out in October. Just the demo was a killer and I'm looking forward to adding this new series to my collection. I did it on Monday and my upper arms are still hurting!

Lynn

bobandkelly
September 17th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I am sure I must have burned up some extra calories
today! After doing the gardening, pulling out & cutting back some things that were done. I got the idea to clean the garage! YEAH!! Now I am ready for winter. OK not like it should snow now but if it did I can put my car in the garage!! DH will be surprised when he gets home!
kelly

klct39lg
September 17th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Monday and Today
Nordic track skier
push ups
sit ups
walk the doggies

bobandkelly
September 18th, 2008, 09:51 AM
2.5mi walk, will do pilates later
kelly

BuilderMan
September 18th, 2008, 10:06 AM
20 min cardio
15 min abs
43 min Sculpt

Lynn

WeirdEyes
September 18th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I just found this thread! GREAT idea!

Yesterday Exercise: 2.5 miles brisk walk & full body strength training on the circuit. My muscles are still sore!

Today's Exercise: working out my right arm throwing dice at Bunco :D

bobandkelly
September 19th, 2008, 08:57 AM
3.5mi run/walk on the treadmill mixed up with weights.
kelly

WeirdEyes
September 19th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Today brings 1 hour of cardio.

lhanson38
September 19th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Sorry i have'nt been posting work has been crazy.
35 min with the bowflex
35 min treadmill on highest incline doing punches.
Leigh

bjar719
September 20th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Sheila, you make me laugh!! I "exercised" both arms playing Bunko last night!

With the birthdays in my house and various other activities I've also had going on, my exercise has been a little sporadic. I have managed to get to the gym 3 days each week, but the cardio on my bike has been more hit and miss. Usually miss. I aim for 5 times a week, and if I've done 3 times this past week then that's amazing. But the birthdays are gone and I have a weekend to slow down and hopefully get things back on track.

The rest of you guys are doing great! Keep it up!

Barbie

bobandkelly
September 20th, 2008, 06:42 PM
bonus walk 2.5 mi
kelly

klct39lg
September 20th, 2008, 07:28 PM
NordicTrack Skier
push ups (still hate 'em)
sit ups
walking dogs

I've been doing the every other day thing. It's going well, I have been exercising regularly for a month now and I feel great. The two week jump start then exercising every other day thereafter has been the way to go for me. I feel much stronger and less soft. It is helping with my anxiety and I am sleeping better.

Carry on everyone, you're doing great!

bobandkelly
September 22nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
3mi treadmill, running/walking, weights mixed in.

I agree with you on the anxiety/stress. I have known for a long time that I am less crabby with my family if I just take a walk. Especially if I am feeling hormonal!
kelly

BuilderMan
September 22nd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Saturday:
45 min aerobics and heavy weights

Sunday:
40 min cardio
30 min heavy weights

Today's intentions:
cardio/lower body

Lynn

*Sass*
September 22nd, 2008, 12:08 PM
Sunday - 30 minute strength exercises

cruisinsly
September 22nd, 2008, 05:07 PM
Oh I just suck at this! Ok, finallly have exercised. I have just been in a funk. We joined our YMCA. Today I did 1 hour of water exercises.

klct39lg
September 22nd, 2008, 05:09 PM
Nordic Track
push ups
sit ups
leg raises
walk with the doggies

*Sass*
September 23rd, 2008, 09:24 AM
I did a 10 minute jumping cardio last night and I almost died. Haha! My regiment said I had to do 30mins of cardio...but I just can't do it. I'll try to do 15 mins tomorrow...today I do strength exercises. I'd like to be able to do pushups by the end of this year.

BuilderMan
September 23rd, 2008, 09:46 AM
Yesterday:
50 min cardio (exercise bike and treadmill)
20 min lower body

Today's intentions:
cardio
abs
total body

Lynn

cruising to paradise
September 23rd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Curves! Its a great workout and good for you, It only takes 30 minutes, and your done for the day. Ive lost 12 inches and 10 lbs since I started.

lhanson38
September 23rd, 2008, 10:17 AM
Did'nt work out yesterday. Went on a huge eating binge
One good thing did come out of the day...I will do a binge every
2 months or so... And never new why or what set it off.
I started keeping track of what i was eating. And now i know that it is
sugar that sets it off. So now thats other reason to just give up sweets
they make me feel like crap the next day. Makes my body hurt..and sets off eating binges.
Going to start treating sugar and white flour like there posion to me:eek:
As they really seem to be.
Off to do 30 min shred
30 min weights
45 min treadmill.
Leigh

*Sass*
September 23rd, 2008, 09:52 PM
Exercise / Reps / Sets

Back Extension 2 12-15
Airplane Pose 2 12-15
Lying Leg Curls 2 12-15
Triceps Dips with Bent Knees 2 12-15
Standing Abduction 2 12-15
Modified Pushups 2 12-15
Crunches with Twist 2 12-15
Crunches 2 12-15
Crunches with Twist 2 12-15
Crunches 2 12-15

30 mins of cardio

Odoyal Rulez
September 23rd, 2008, 10:20 PM
Did'nt work out yesterday. Went on a huge eating binge
One good thing did come out of the day...I will do a binge every
2 months or so... And never new why or what set it off.
I started keeping track of what i was eating. And now i know that it is
sugar that sets it off. So now thats other reason to just give up sweets
they make me feel like crap the next day. Makes my body hurt..and sets off eating binges.
Going to start treating sugar and white flour like there posion to me:eek:
As they really seem to be.
Off to do 30 min shred
30 min weights
45 min treadmill.
Leigh

There was actrually a study i read stating that once you start eating sugar your body craves it really bad...which is a reason they suggested not drinking diet soda since the artifical sweeteners can have the same effect.

Ill be damned if im giving up my Diet Dr Pepper tho...

Odoyal Rulez
September 23rd, 2008, 10:21 PM
I did a 10 minute jumping cardio last night and I almost died. Haha! My regiment said I had to do 30mins of cardio...but I just can't do it. I'll try to do 15 mins tomorrow...today I do strength exercises. I'd like to be able to do pushups by the end of this year.

Just 1 minute more than the last time you did it..or 1 more pound more than the last time you lifted is still progress...it adds up over time.

Keep it up!

bobandkelly
September 24th, 2008, 08:45 AM
3mi run/walk treadmill, weights/upper body
kelly

cruisinsly
September 24th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Yesterday
Went to the YMCA and felt like a fish out of water. Tried to do their beginners step class and to me it was more advanced than anything. Did that for about 10 minutes.

Rode a weird bike for about 5 minutes - didnt like it or the wierd man staring at me as I rode it.

Decided to go and do 8 laps in the pool. Felt like a fish in water now.

Today - extremely sore. Cant move.

bobandkelly
September 24th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Hi Cruisinsly, at least you went and did something!! That is better than doing nothing. You might not ever like it but you can get use to exercise and make it a part of your life. Me, I like walking. Running has helped tone more. If you can find something you like it makes it better. But there are still days I don't want to get out of bed, don't want to go outside or on the treadmill. But when I am finished I feel so good knowing that I did it!
Keep up the good work!
kelly

Odoyal Rulez
September 24th, 2008, 02:06 PM
walked on treadmill for 5 minutes and 30 seconds then went home...im exhausted..working long hours at work killin me

bobandkelly
September 25th, 2008, 10:37 AM
2.5mi walk, will hopefully do pilates later. But sometimes it does not happen if I don't do it in the morning.
Odoyal, no sense in running your body down and getting sick. We have to remember there are only 24hrs in a day and there is only so much we can do.
kelly

BuilderMan
September 25th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Yesterday:
20 min cardio
33 min abs/stretching
(crazy day yesterday. that's all I could get in)

Today's intentions:
cardio
total body with weights

Lynn

klct39lg
September 25th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Yesterday:
Nordic Track Skier
push ups
sit ups
2 sets of 12 squats

Today is my off day, except for walking the doggies.

As an aside, the dogs and I were walking on a path that is used by runners and bicyclists too. Coming around a curve I saw a man on a bike, so the dogs and I stepped onto the grass to get out of his way. The man said hello as he passed by. Then I heard a rattle and turned to see the guy careen off the path, flip the bike, and land on his shoulder. We waited a few minutes until the guy said he was o.k., just banged his shoulder good. He's gonna feel it tomorrow!

cruisinsly
September 25th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the pep talk Kelly.

Went back to the Y today and did 25 minutes in a beginners step class. It kicked my rear, but I did as much as I could.
Stacy

bobandkelly
September 26th, 2008, 09:03 AM
3mi on treadmill, some weights.

Stacy, keep doing what you can and as your gain strength you will be able to do more!
Hope everyone has a good weekend!
kelly

BuilderMan
September 26th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Yesterday:
50 min heavy weights
20 min cardio

Today's intentions:
abs/stretching/cardio

Lynn

WeirdEyes
September 26th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Yesterday:
50 min heavy weights
20 min cardio

Today's intentions:
abs/stretching/cardio

Lynn
Lynn, I need to come hang out with you for a week. I know you'd get my rear in gear. ;)

We're heading to the gulf for a few days and I hope to get a lot of exercise by walking on the beach. I love it!

bjar719
September 27th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Hi all! I can't even remember the last time I checked in here. I've been reading the posts, but haven't had the time to chime in with my efforts. This past week my efforts have not been much. Today I plan to get back on track!

I haven't been to the gym since Monday and I haven't been on my stationary bike since Tuesday. Over the course of today I plan to do both, plus I've got to mow the front yard. The weather is finally a little cooler so it should feel marvelous outside.

Barbie

bjar719
September 28th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I did make it to the gym yesterday; it was kind of spooky, for awhile I was the only one there. Then I did an hour on the exercise bike last night. I never got the yard mowed so that is on the agenda for today. Plus, I'll hit the exercise bike again at some point. Last night's hour went by with relative ease; let's hope the same holds for tonight!
Barbie

bobandkelly
September 29th, 2008, 08:45 AM
3mi run/walk on the treadmill with weights for upper body mixed in.
kelly

cruisinsly
September 29th, 2008, 12:51 PM
1 hour water exercises at the Y.

klct39lg
September 30th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Still doing my NordicTrack, push ups and sit ups with walking. Still feeling good, except for the occasional neck pain. Don't know what I am doing wrong, in the past I have hurt my neck doing sit ups, but I am aware of that and don't think that's the problem.

Keep up the good work everyone!:)

PunkiC
September 30th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I am 64 so I really need to work out 6 days a week, just to keep flexible and mobile. If I am going to make this body last another 40 years, I need to work at it.

I go to Curves every day but Sunday and that isn't too hard on my body. It is really important for me to avoid injuries so I don't have to take time out to recover. I was really sick last year and couldn't work out or dance for months. I gained 26 pounds. EEEK!! :eek: So I guess that tells me what would happen to me if I ever let down my guard.

bobandkelly
September 30th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I did not exercise today and before anyone says anything I know the day is not over but I also know me and know it is not going to happen.
PunkiC, welcome aboard the exercise thread! I love your attitude about another 40 years! I always say I want to make it to 100 and be enjoying life! Some of my friends are just in their late 40's early 50's and they aren't seeming to healthy so they think why would I want to be 100. No time like the present to make changes.
I'll be posting tomorrow morning!
kelly

klct39lg
September 30th, 2008, 07:16 PM
bobandkelly~
A day off is good every now and then, you work hard, don't feel guilty.:)

PunkiC~
My father in-law is 72 and he does sit ups, push ups and walks every day in addition to playing golf 4 days per week. He eats healthfully and intends to live a long time, his mom was 96 when she passed away.

bobandkelly
October 1st, 2008, 08:45 AM
3mi run/walk, upper body weights thrown in.
kelly

cruisinsly
October 1st, 2008, 12:54 PM
1 hr Cardio and Scult class at the Y.

bjar719
October 1st, 2008, 05:06 PM
This is for yesterday...I worked out at the gym with the weight machines for a little over an hour, and then did a 40 minute ride on my bike at home. I started doing a lower intensity since Odoyal mentioned it is a better fat burner, and I've found that I can keep with it for a longer stretch without too much agony. Last night was not much of an indication of that, but it was getting late.

Odoyal Rulez
October 1st, 2008, 07:37 PM
It's not exactly a better fat burner. It's quite the opposite.

The breakdown of fat in your body is called lipolysis. The enzyme in the body that is responsible for lipolysis is called lipase. So pretty much all you need to know by now is that lipase, the breakdown of fats, is caused partly by cardio.

When its broken down it turns into whats called unbound fatty acids..or FFA's for short.

When you do cardio it breaks down (or mobilizes) glycogen and FFA's into energy for use. If you dont use that energy it converts back into fat.

Studies have shown that as the intensity of exercise increases, the lower the amount of FFA's (fats that have been mobilized) there are in your bloodstream. By now, most of you are thinking: Ok, since high intensity cardio create less mobilization than low intensity cardio, then low intensity burns more fat. This is not necessarily true. Although mobilization of fats goes down as intensity increases, the total oxidation of total fats is greater because more calories were burned, but at a lower rate of burned fat.

The FFA's in your bloodstream while doing low intensity cardio is much higher than high intensity cardio...the faster you go..the less the body relies on the fats and more it relies on other sources.

Example....lets say you do low intensity for an hour and burn 300 calories...80% of those calories come from fat..so the amount of fat you burned is 240 calories worth. Now you do high intensity and you burned 600 calories in an hour and 60% of those come from fat sources...you burned 360 calories from fat...

So you burned more fat doing high intensity.

The benefits of doing lower intensity are great tho. For starters you can do it much much longer..lets be honest, who can really run balls to the wall doing high intensity for an hour straight..i know i cant...but i can walk/jog on a nice incline for an hour no problem, and not be worn out the rest of the day.

It's also way easier on the joints, and since I am a body builder..I dont want my body utilizing my muscle tissue for energy (high intensity utilizes muscle tissue and glycogen at a way higher rate than fat) when it can use my ample stores of fat instead.

You will find tons of people telling you to do one or the other when it comes to doing cardio, its a huge argument in the fitness community, in the end do both and decide which one suits your needs...and even try interval training..where you utilize both at once (aka run 1 minute...walk 2 minutes...run 1 minute...walk 2 minutes on that treadmill)

MsMinx
October 2nd, 2008, 02:30 AM
What a great thread! Only 99 days til my cruise and I want to shed a few KG's! I've got a cross trainer and a weights bench here at home so from tomorrow i'm starting to use them both every day! I'll post my progress as I go to keep me motivated :)

klct39lg
October 2nd, 2008, 10:03 AM
Wednesday:
NordicTrack Skier
sit ups
push ups
squats

cruisinsly
October 2nd, 2008, 01:06 PM
40 minutes of cardio step class

bobandkelly
October 2nd, 2008, 08:13 PM
2.5mi walk, 20 min pilates.
kelly

cruisinsly
October 3rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
1 hr cardio and sculpt class

Ouch! I hurt. :)

klct39lg
October 4th, 2008, 04:09 PM
NordicTrack
push ups
sit ups
squats

cruisinsly
October 6th, 2008, 01:03 PM

bobandkelly
October 6th, 2008, 01:45 PM
2.5mi walk yesterday and today
kelly

bobandkelly
October 7th, 2008, 04:03 PM
2.5mi walk, will do pilates later
kelly

cruisinsly
October 7th, 2008, 11:06 PM
1 hr water exercises

bobandkelly
October 8th, 2008, 08:50 AM
3mi run/walk, weights for upper body
kelly

PunkiC
October 9th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I found a really interesting new toy at the gym this week. It is called an Accu Hoop (http://www.sports-hoop.com/). Basically, it is a five pound hula hoop.

The directions say that if you use it twice a day for ten minutes each session, you will lose two inchec off your waist in a month. Heck its worth a try.

Unfortunately ten minutes is a long, long time to use this hoop. I have done two three-minute sessions for each of the past two days and I can really feel it. It will probably take me a month to work up to 10 minutes sessions.

It was also really interesting how much easier it was to use the hoop going counter clockwise than it was going clockwise. I am going to practice going both directions and see how it goes.

Something new, different, and kind of fun. I jumped on line and bought one for my house and one for my office. :D

cruisinsly
October 9th, 2008, 04:26 PM
1 hr cardio step class.

bobandkelly
October 9th, 2008, 05:35 PM
2.5mi walk
kelly

cruisinsly
October 10th, 2008, 12:44 PM
1 mile walk
200 crunches
48 squats
arm weights

Odoyal Rulez
October 10th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Woke up

Im done for the day..lol.

bobandkelly
October 10th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I did not get much farther than Odoyal. I shut the alarm off and slept for an extra hour. I think I needed it. I did do some yard/garden chores that needed to be done so that is what I am counting for today.
kelly

bobandkelly
October 11th, 2008, 04:02 PM
A beautiful fall day! A 2.5mi walk.
kelly

bjar719
October 11th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I've not been very regular posting on this thread, but I do read it. Does that count??? ;) Actually I have been keeping my exercise pretty regular, except for this week. With one thing after another, I've not been to the gym since Monday. I have done my cardio 4 days this week. My daughter and I donated blood this morning (a first for her), so exercise is off limits for today. I will try to hit the gym tomorrow and be back on my bike afterward.

I have found that Odoyal's suggestion about the low-intensity cardio has helped me tremendously. I been varying the intensity this past week and have been able to add to my time without much extra effort. Last night I rode for 80 minutes and went 20 miles.

Odoyal, I'm sorry that you're going through a tough time right now. It sounds like you still have a sense of humor though. The fact that you're still checking in here is a good sign and hopefully you'll be back on board soon. I wish you well.

Barbie

bobandkelly
October 12th, 2008, 02:43 PM
It is another beautiful day here, temp is around 70F, That is high for here this time of year. Had a nice 2.5mi walk.
kelly

cruisinsly
October 13th, 2008, 11:57 AM
1 hr cardio and sculpt class. Was able to get DH to join me today. :D

Everyone keep up the good work.

bobandkelly
October 13th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I did not exercise this morning because I had to have fasting blood work done. A friend told me you should not exercise before because it can mess up your numbers. The dr's office has never said this. So when I went to the lab I asked the woman that did the blood draw. She said she does not know why but exercise can mess up your lipid numbers. I wonder why they don't tell you that?

I did just come in from raking leaves, mulching them with the leaf blower and putting them over my garden beds. I don't even have enough energy left to walk the dog!
kelly

lambs2
October 13th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I did not exercise this morning because I had to have fasting blood work done. A friend told me you should not exercise before because it can mess up your numbers. The dr's office has never said this. So when I went to the lab I asked the woman that did the blood draw. She said she does not know why but exercise can mess up your lipid numbers. I wonder why they don't tell you that?

I did just come in from raking leaves, mulching them with the leaf blower and putting them over my garden beds. I don't even have enough energy left to walk the dog!
kelly

Thanks Kelly. I never heard that about lipid levels and exercise before. I will sure keep that in mind for my next blood draw as I try to exercise early every morning, but will skip it next time on blood draw day!

This morning I walked two miles, then did my 20 minutes Body Flex routine. Tonight DH and I will walk another 2 miles.

Odoyal Rulez
October 13th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Finally had my dr appointment today. Got my knees, foot, and back xrayed, waiting for the results. I anticipate having a bunion and needing surgery which will set me back about 6-8 weeks..the knees im pretty sure are arthritis..but i wanted to make sure nothing was damaged, if nothings damaged ill still be able to work out.

The back tho is a mess, i couldnt sleep all weekend it hurt so bad, he gave me some flexerol and some darvocet and wants me to go to physical therapy. If the xray comes back neg im going to ask for an MRI just to make sure its not a disc. If its not a disc or fracture..im just going to pop pills and deal with it I guess because PT is a waste of time to me.

Also got a follow up appointment in two weeks to run all my labwork, especially my Test/Estrogen/TSH etc...

Hopefully Ill have a definitive answer to it all by next week. I decided today was the last day i was going to eat like garbage and try to get back on my diet tomorrow. Im up to 257 with jeans on and keys/wallet/shoes on...so thats not too terribly bad considering everything.

bobandkelly
October 13th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I've been wondering how you've been Odoyal. I hope you find out what is wrong and can then start on the road to recovery. Don't discount pt, it might do some good and can't hurt to try it.
I'm glad you are going to climb back on the wagon! Sometimes we need to drag ourselves back on it. But whatever way we get on is ok. Reading and posting on these board is really helpful for me.
kelly

bobandkelly
October 14th, 2008, 08:54 AM
3.5mi run/walk on the treadmill, weights for upper body
kelly

lambs2
October 14th, 2008, 10:31 AM
2 mile morning walk. Just getting ready to do 20 minute Body Flex routine. Then 2 more mile walk this evening.

Thinking about ordering one of those five pound hula hoops, but 10 minutes at a stretch for best results seems so long! (I don't know if I am coordinated enough! :o )

cruisinsly
October 14th, 2008, 01:56 PM
1 hr water exercise

Odoyal Rulez
October 15th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I talked to my fitness rep yesterday at my old gym. She waved octobers fee and let me come back asap.

SO today i walked in there and did my workout thing. I decided to do chest and all my lifts were waaay down. I expect itll take a few months to get back to where I was, plus i had to take it real slow because my back still hurts.

I then got on the treadmill and put in 30 minutes. I know i could have went farther but once again I stopped and told myself theirs always later. Trying not to kill myself this time. SO today was the first step for me.

bobandkelly
October 15th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Odoyal you can't win if you die tryin' so take it easy. Glad to see you are back!
kelly

klct39lg
October 15th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Hello All~
Great to read you guys are still keepin' on.

I am still plugging along with my every other day workouts.

Odoyal,
Sorry to read you've had a set back, but do reconsider PT. Physical therapists, in my experience, are obsessed with muscle imbalances, body mechanics, and exercise -just the folks to help you.

bobandkelly
October 16th, 2008, 08:44 AM
3mi run/walk on the treadmill, weights for upper body

Odoyal Rulez
October 16th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Lower body leg presses, no way im doing squats anymore, then some stiff legged dead lifts...a little bicycle work...calf presses..

cruisinsly
October 17th, 2008, 04:55 PM

Glad to see you back into the swing of things Odoyal.

bobandkelly
October 18th, 2008, 02:27 PM
A beautiful fall day, just came in from a 2.5mi walk.
kelly

bobandkelly
October 20th, 2008, 08:05 AM
3mi run/walk, upper body weights
kelly

lambs2
October 20th, 2008, 04:21 PM
2 miles walk in AM and 2 miles in PM. 20 minutes Body Flex workout, some with arm weights.

bobandkelly
October 21st, 2008, 05:19 PM
2.5mi walk I want to do pilates later but time will tell if I do it. I always feel better when I do but sometimes that is not enough to motivate me to get off my butt and do it.
kelly

SC LTC
October 21st, 2008, 10:59 PM
One more here, i usually do 90 min of yoga and pilates then to brake it up i do 60 min on the treadmill. I couldn't do my yoga or pilates i went and got a flu shot, my arm is sore so i went outside to pull weeds, thats some kind of exersice don't u think. :p

Gloria

CRUISNDIVA
October 22nd, 2008, 12:15 PM
Just found this thread :)

This morning I did a 1/2 hour spinning class and 1/2 hour of body conditioning; tonight is my 1 hour ZUMBA (love it) class.

It's great to read what others are doing to stay fit :D

bobandkelly
October 22nd, 2008, 01:42 PM
Welcome to our new posters!

3mi run/walk on the treadmill broken up with weights for upper body.

cruisinsly, haven't seen you post for a few days. Hope everything is ok and you are still working out!

Happy Wednesday Workouts!
kelly

Odoyal Rulez
October 22nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
12 minutes on treadmill 30 dips some curls reverse curls blah blah blah

CRUISNDIVA
October 23rd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Morning all!

Okay, here is todays run down of activity....this morning 30 minute warm up on stationary bike and 1 hour session with trainer (weights, dead lifts, squats and other painful activities :rolleyes:). Tonight, 1/2 hour spinning class and 1 hour stability ball class (core, abs, butt etc....). Tomorrow (Friday) is supposed to be my "day off" but I think I might go in and do some cardio since my cruise and bikini wearing is 2 weeks away :eek: :eek:

Stay fit everyone :D !!!

bobandkelly
October 24th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Today was my usual 3mi run/walk with weights mixed in.
I have surprised myself this week. The last 1/4mi I run I was able to run at 7 on the treadmill. When I first started I ran at 4. Then 5, then 5.5 and stopped at 6. Right now I am only running 1/2 mi at a time then walking alittle then weights, then do it again. The 6 seems fast enough. But I've seen Jillian on Biggest Loser push people to run faster for a short time so I thought I'd try it.
When I look back to where I started I can't believe I can do it. So to all of you who think you can't do something, you won't do it if you don't try.
Hope you all have a nice weekend.
kelly

bobandkelly
October 27th, 2008, 09:13 AM
No extra walks over the weekend here. The weather was not very nice and we are in a gun deer season, not a good time to be out walking with a dog that is the color of deer. For all the responsible hunters there are always a few who aren't.

Today I switched up my treadmill time. Still did 3mi. but did walk 1/4 run 1/4. The walking was at 3mph, running at 7mph. I walked the last 1/2 mi. Did a few new moves weights. Tried DD exersice ball.

Hope everyone has a nice Monday. We might get snow!!!
kelly

cruisinsly
November 5th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Havent been logging it, but I have been exercising. 3 times a week. One hour each time. Time has gotten away from me! Hope everyone is having a great week.

bobandkelly
November 5th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Cruisingly, glad to hear you are still exercising! I have not been posting mine either. As long as you do it that's all that matters.
Hope everyone will keep up the good habits. Especially now since we will be entering the holiday season and all the extra food that brings with it.
Kelly

cruisinsly
November 11th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Monday
1 hr cardio and sculpt class at the Y.

Tuesday
1 mile walk
Plan to do 200 crunches later. Gotta get rid of this gut!! :)

Odoyal Rulez
November 11th, 2008, 09:16 PM
1 hour cardio...going to try more tonight

cruisinsly
November 12th, 2008, 01:24 PM
1 hr cardio and sculpt class.

cruisinsly
November 22nd, 2008, 09:50 AM
I have really sucked this week. I havent done anything. Monday morning I woke up and noticed that part of my top lip was swollen and sore. It looks like something has bitten me, spider maybe? Anyway, I felt very uncomfortable going out in public with a big lip. So I stayed home and did nothing!

bobandkelly
November 22nd, 2008, 10:24 AM
cruisingly, I hope you're feeling better. Did the swelling go down now?
Don't let an off week get you down. Next week get back to your routine. I never exercise when I am sick, some people push through it, I don't. Taking one week off is ok, it's when that week turns into 2, turns into.....and before you know it you're not exercising.

I'll be going on my cruise soon. I leave one week from today, sailing on the 30th! I am taking that week off. I will take the stairs, walk alot in port and around the ship but no official exercise. I like taking a break once in awhile.
Kelly

cruisinsly
November 22nd, 2008, 11:02 AM
Hey Kelly, It is not as swollen today as it has been, but I have been putting neosporin on it too. My diabeties has been acting up on top of it. I will be back at it next week. Minus Thanksgiving Day. I am going to push myself the next few weeks b/c we leave on Dec 7 for a cruise. Like you, I will take the stairs and walk wherever I can. Thanks for the pep talk.
Stacy

MsMinx
November 23rd, 2008, 03:23 AM
Yesterday I spent 18 mins on my Wii Fit and I can barely walk today! My calves are killing me :eek: There's just over 4 months til I cruise the Dawn Princess and my goal is to drop about 10kg before I go! Tomorrow I plan to do about 20 to 30 mins on my cross trainer! Then i'll REALLY know about sore calves! :p