PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call 10/11 -10/13th. Anyone joining us?

tropical therapist
August 29th, 2008, 01:20 PM
We are sailing on the Oct. 11th departure. Have been on many cruises, never this line so I am anxious to see the ship.

We booked this because of the price. I am getting the cruise w/ upgraded room, air roundtrip, all taxes, tips, travel ins. etc. for about $380.00 pp.I was going to do a 2 night cruise to nowhere on carnival and then came up with this plan becuase it was cheaper than the cruise to nowhere!!!!!

I figure how bad can it be? At least we will be on a ship headed to a tropical island....we can endure anything for a few days.

Anyone out there joining us?:cool:

cot427
August 29th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Have Fun. I'll be getting off the Liberty that day.

I doubt you'll find another person going on your cruise, since many CC's don't go on IM.

tropical therapist
August 29th, 2008, 05:30 PM
cot427....
cc's do go on IM-this is my 7th cruise for the year! I just needed a short getaway so I am not at all embarrassed to be going on this trip. You need an attitude adjustment!

mbisson
August 29th, 2008, 05:38 PM
cot427....
cc's do go on IM-this is my 7th cruise for the year! I just needed a short getaway so I am not at all embarrassed to be going on this trip. You need an attitude adjustment!

I think you've overreacted to what cot427 said. I don't think they meant anything beyond what they said-- that there aren't a lot of CC members on any IM cruise. It's a small ship and when compared to the thousands that you'll find on the other ships/lines you really won't find many cc members sailing with you. I think the relative inactivity of this particular group backs that up.

I wish I were going with you (I enjoyed my sailing) and hope you have a good time.

tropical therapist
August 29th, 2008, 09:39 PM
mbisson-
Thanks for the positive words. I look forward to being on a smaller, older ship. Years ago we sailed on The Big Red Boat several times when my son was small and I think this may be comparable. For the $$, who can beat it? It beats a weekend trip to a Carolina beach-that's for sure.

Maybe I did overreact but it does not matter. I am thankful to be able to go no matter what the ship or cruise line.I look foreward to a different cruise line also. This is the only one I have not tried yet besides Costa.

mattt6511
August 29th, 2008, 10:15 PM
tropical too bad ur not going 9/9 thats when i go lol, i havnt found anyone thats sailing on my date yet

arkycruisers
August 29th, 2008, 10:36 PM
TT

there have been a couple of posters on these IM pages that really beat up the regal empress--we were on in june and had a great time --yes its all in the attitude -read my review on another thread on this site

have a great time

cot427
August 30th, 2008, 03:45 PM
cot427....

Wow. Just wow. All I meant was that not many CC'ers go on IM, that's all. It has nothing to do with being embarrassed or anything, its a cruise, jeez. I went on it and I wasn't embarrassed. I just meant you probably won't find people going with you like you would for Carnival, NCL, Princess, or Royal Caribbean. That's all.