Doubletree Hotel Bayside, in Boston

shadowdiver

I stayed there at several occasions. The hotel was okay - no luxury but I slept well and the room size was okay. If you care for a non-smoking room, make sure to reserve it. There is enough parking (charge). It is "quite" far from any attraction or restaurant (3 subway stops from South Station and 4 from Downtown Crossing). There is a small cafe for breakfast and they offer internet access. The subway station at about 1/4 mile is JFK/UMass on the red line http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/. They have a shuttle to the airport and they also stopped at South Station on a special request. So I imagine that a stop at the port would be possible too. The shuttle and taxis can use streets that are not open to private cars. If I stayed in Boston again I would consider the Doubletree Bayside. You need a little more time to go to the center but it costs a little less.

• 1 month later...

Hi -

We stayed at the DoubleTree Bayside for 3 nights in June this year. Although we had a rental car, we found driving in Boston to be very confusing and quite scary. So, for sightseeing during the day, we took the hotel's complimentary shuttle to their sister-hotel in Chinatown. Then, we easily walked to the Freedom Trail and the other sights we wanted to see.

For Lexington & Concord, we just got in our rental, said a few heartfelt prayers, and drove to the tour areas. (It was too far to take the red line transportation.)

Also, for dinner every night, we were happy to have our rental car, but parking at restaurants was always a problem.

The hotel is very clean and quiet. And, it is near the waterfront walking path. It is also very close to the cruise ship pier and a taxi will be quite inexpensive compared to cruise-line-purchased transfers.

Enjoy your stay!

Liz

Hi -

We stayed at the DoubleTree Bayside for 3 nights in June this year. Although we had a rental car, we found driving in Boston to be very confusing and quite scary. So, for sightseeing during the day, we took the hotel's complimentary shuttle to their sister-hotel in Chinatown. Then, we easily walked to the Freedom Trail and the other sights we wanted to see.

For Lexington & Concord, we just got in our rental, said a few heartfelt prayers, and drove to the tour areas. (It was too far to take the red line transportation.)

Also, for dinner every night, we were happy to have our rental car, but parking at restaurants was always a problem.

The hotel is very clean and quiet. And, it is near the waterfront walking path. It is also very close to the cruise ship pier and a taxi will be quite inexpensive compared to cruise-line-purchased transfers.

Enjoy your stay!

Liz

Thanks Lizbeth for your report it sounds like the kind of place we might like .Thanks

Archived