PDA

View Full Version : OV2 4th Novenber First Cruise

wmaxs29
October 19th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Hi guys
We have only booked one tour with the ship in St Lucia. We have looked endlessley on port reviews and as I have said we will be doing the other tours independently. It seems as you guys have said that they are much cheaper and in our opinion doing your own thing would be fun. I have emailed a guy in St Kitts and he will pick us up from the ship for a half a day tour of the island. The cost for the two of us is $50 each. He has room for 14, so if anyone would like to join us he has offered a discount. Please look at his web site as under, he has got some really good reviews:

http://www.stkittscaptainsunshine.com/

If anyone else is interested please let me know, my email is as under - the more the merrier and cheaper!

wmxas29@btopenworld.com

If anyone is interested perhaps we would meet up in one of the bars on the ship.

Regards
Alan

Sillenasus
October 19th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Hi Alan,
Hubby and I are also on this trip.
I've just been looking at Captain Sunshine's website, but it doesn't say what the tour entails , has he given you any details of where you go and what you see etc ?
The massages sound good though !
Like you we are thinking of doing most tours independently, maybe only doing a couple of the ship tours.There is still a heck of a lot of choices at each port though, so our list is far from complete with only just over 2 weeks before we leave :) Can't wait though, this should be a good trip!

wmaxs29
October 19th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Hi
No Detail as yet.
But i believe we could just tell him what we wanted and he would oblige. Probley taking in all the good bits of the island with fantasic views ie caribbean meets the atlantic two different coloured waters meet a awesome view. Or perhaps instead half a day tour could add a few more hours i also have seen a review on wild monkeys at turtle bay.But he is the expert so we should have a great day.Like you cant wait to much to review.I have told him i will let him no the numbers later and will ask for the detailed tour as you dont pay him till we arrive,so if we could add you to our list a discount is likley.
Kind Regards
Alan

Sillenasus
October 19th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Hi Alan,
Thanks for that info. We would be interested in something similar to what is in the Action ashore booklet ie Romney manor,Brimstone Hill etc. Monkeys would be good too ! It is Tour I in the booklet called Essential St Kitts. Was this the sort of thing you were thinking of too?

wmaxs29
October 20th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Hi
guys
I have emailed captain kenny please read his reply We will be doing his tour but if we could get 14 it is reduced to $35 What a bargain

SIR Alan
The people of St kitts welcome the Tourist to our beautiful Island.
I am happy to share my paradise Island with you and friends.
I will offer a 360 tour and a little of the Rain forest.
You are in for Treat for my tour services.
I am very flexible so if any of your passengers have any request or need I will render my assistance.
I will offer 35 us per person to keep every one happy and relaxed under my care.

I humble my self to service in this capacity as my Country has been ranked and profiled as one the most warmest and friendly Island in the Caribbean.
I commit to share my Culture ,History,it's people and Natural beauty to all my customers.

Yours In Service

Brother kenny.

davejura
October 20th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Hi Sir Alan,
I will discuss this evening with other half. We were actually thinking of renting a car for the day, which comes in about $70 for the 2 of us. If he is flexible, maybe he could drop some or all of us at a beach after the tour and possibly pick up again to take back to the ship?
Just as long as you don't tell us "you're fired !" LOL

wmaxs29
October 20th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Hi
I am sure he would.I of course would email him beforehand with our requests.PS he knighted me not the queen just plain Alan.
Kind Regards
Alan

red zebra
October 20th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Hi Sir Alan,
I will discuss this evening with other half. We were actually thinking of renting a car for the day, which comes in about $70 for the 2 of us. If he is flexible, maybe he could drop some or all of us at a beach after the tour and possibly pick up again to take back to the ship?
Just as long as you don't tell us "you're fired !" LOL

Dave, don't you have to buy a driving licence as well when you hire a car on the island? about $35 I think.

SUNSEEKER77
October 20th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I wish we had rented a car when we visited St Kitts two years ago, I felt the minibus trip we joined others for was a bit rushed. Not enough time to meander around Brimstone Hill (hubby interested in Military history). We had easily picked up rental cars at other ports without booking them. Last year when we did the Western Carib, we reserved a few online before we went. You just need to remember to take your British driving licence, it covered every country we rented a car, without any problems. No other hidden costs. Hope this helps.

SUNSEEKER77
October 20th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Adding on to the above, however, the excursion we joined was not pre-arranged, we just made up the numbers on a minibus as we left the ship, so our fault! If we had taken the time, we could have made sure our wishes were catered for.:eek:

davejura
October 20th, 2008, 12:30 PM
The quote I got online from Avis was ridiculously cheap. The $70 actually takes into account the driving licence. Still can't find out if you actually need it, as some sites say and IDP covers it and they are only 5!

red zebra
October 21st, 2008, 05:38 AM
Dave, have a look at this http://www.stkittstourism.kn/DiscoverStKitts/GettingAround_CarRentals.asp

best to double check!

SUNSEEKER77
October 21st, 2008, 11:23 AM
I can't remember ever having to pay extra for a licence :confused: . Rental charges are ridiculously cheap but don't expect a swanky car for your money ;) , one island (can't remember which, I think it was Antigua),we had a old mondeo with a window which wouldn't wind down, a radio knob missing, one tyre a bit soft and it would have never passed an emissions test, but we found the whole experience hilarious :D, it successfully rattled its way around the whole island and back in a day so we were happy.

warrenhull
October 22nd, 2008, 10:06 AM
Hello Alan

I and my wife, Warren & Deborah are also on this cruise, and i have been researching for a long time now, and one of the tours i looked at was for this one with Kenny !

So you can count on both of us to do the tour with you as well, i like the idea of seeing the main tourist spots but also for us to be in his hands, as far as his local knowledge goes, and we will have, i am sure a wonderful day !

We would love to meet with you before the tour somewhere on the ship, so we can have a chat, so you give me some ideas about where onboard and when.
I will leave it up to you, if you want to meet early in the cruise, so we can see each other about the ship (a face to know) or just midway across while we are at sea, just before the Islands ?

Hope to hear from you soon
Warren & Deborah

warrenhull@hotmail.co.uk

wmaxs29
October 22nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Hi
Warren & Deborah
Yes we would like to meet up a good way to share tips on what we will Be doing at the ports.Not long now pehaps we could meet say Friday 07th Say 3.00pm at Cashbah and perhaps anyone who whats to join in. Kind Regards
Alan & Chris

red zebra
October 22nd, 2008, 03:10 PM
Alan & Chris,
there are a bunch of us getting together for a tour that Davejura has organised on St Lucia. Warren & Deborah are part of the group for the tour and we are having a get together on Tues 11th at 3pm in the Casbah. I'm sure you would be made most welcome, and I'm also sure that additional places could be made available on Dave's Herod tour if you ask him nicely ;)

Have a look here (http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=841446)

skatergirl
October 23rd, 2008, 09:23 AM
[quote=red zebra;16733894]Alan & Chris,
there are a bunch of us getting together for a tour that Davejura has organised on St Lucia. Warren & Deborah are part of the group for the tour and we are having a get together on Tues 11th at 3pm in the Casbah. I'm sure you would be made most welcome, and I'm also sure that additional places could be made available on Dave's Herod tour if you ask him nicely ;)

HI Alan and Chris,
We are doing Dave's Herods Tour but would like to join your St Kitts one as well. I think we are in Madeira on the 7th so may not be able to get to the bar at 3pm. We are meeting the St Lucia group on the 11th as that is a sea day so would be a good day to meet with you as well. I am having problems with writing on the forum at the moment so don't know if this message will work. I tried your e-mail address but the mail came back saying that you did not have a btopenworld account so don't know what that was about. Anyway I will post this and see what happens.

warrenhull
October 23rd, 2008, 11:43 AM
Hello Everybody

According to the ships log captain (ha ha ha ) Friday the 7th we are at sea, inbetween Gibralter and Madeira.

So me and Deb'z are meeting Alan & Chris in the Casbah (oo err)

Best Wishes
See you all soon
Warren & Deb'z

davejura
October 23rd, 2008, 03:00 PM
What the hell. We'll probably all pop along for a nosey! Mines a margarita!!

red zebra
October 24th, 2008, 04:51 AM
What the hell. We'll probably all pop along for a nosey! Mines a margarita!!

Must be a West coast thing, I'll stick to me pints ;)

wmaxs29
October 24th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Hi Guys
Meeting Warren and Deborah in the Cashbah on Friday the 7th at 3.00pm.Warren is right it is a cruise day.And dont forget Warrens password ha hahah haahah ha ahah and all are welcome.
We will also Come to meet Davejura (Daves Herod Tour)at the get together on Tuesday the 11th also at the Cashbah at 3.00pm Thanks for the invite.We are looking so much to have a great holiday.I will email Captain kenny before we leave.where to meet at the port extra..If any one is going on his trip independley why not add your name to our list then you will get the discount.Will need 14 for the discount but what the heck we are on holiday and wil be doing the trip.Davejura any drink will do me.Lets make this holiday a great trip as i am sure it will be.