PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone actually TAKEN a Spirit Incentives Cruise??

xo101
November 2nd, 2008, 01:08 AM
I got this 4 day cruise from attending a timeshare presentation. Says for Royal Caribbean, but since RC doesn't port from Galveston, we are booked on the Ecstasy for Dec. 4.

I have read all of the negative comments on all the five billion sites out there about Spirit Incentives. So I am hoping that I can find the one or two people out there who have actually taken this cruise and can answer a couple questions for me??

Ive already taken one spirit incentives Hawaii vacation, was great, no problems. Of course its alot of hoopla, and the first 2 dates were not accepted on either Hawaii or this cruise.

My cruise is booked, paid for, I have the documents from Carnival, everything is showing up online (except room). I elected to keep the 1A guarantee room because on my last 2 cruises I got excellent upgrades. Its 33 days out and showing to be TBA on the website and my travel docs.

Is there anyone out there who won this cruise , went on carnival and took a 1A guarantee room, and did you get upgraded??

If not, how cramped is this room with 2 people in it??

Ultimately it doesn't matter if we are stuck in the bunk bed room because we are singles and don't want to share a bed! But it would be nice to hear of someone else getting a good upgrade! Especially one with a window :)

Thanks in advance!!

xo101
November 29th, 2008, 10:07 PM
I just wanted to post a follow-up to my previous posting for any other cruisers who might be seeking the same answer I was.

I kept the 1A bunkbed room, declined any upgrades. This was my 3rd carnival cruise. We ended up getting bumped to E208. Empress Deck (I was on this deck my first cruise) still no window, but I am glad that we didn't pay the extra $$ they were wanting to upgrade, I am very pleased with our room assignment. We also didn't find out the room until about 25 days prior, it suddenly showed up on carnival website! (I was looking every day). So all in all.... the Spirit Incentives cruise worked for me!

Hope this helps someone in their future planning!! :)

TxYummy
November 29th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Hey yeah my Husband & I got the same deal from them from the same ole place too LOL

We're also on the Dec 4th Esctasy ship... We didn't pay for any upgrades and was of course given the same 1A but some how now have a 4A whatever that means... This is our 1st cruise...:D

travelntreats
November 29th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Hey yeah my Husband & I got the same deal from them from the same ole place too LOL

We're also on the Dec 4th Esctasy ship... We didn't pay for any upgrades and was of course given the same 1A but some how now have a 4A whatever that means... This is our 1st cruise...:D

You did good.... two lower beds that can convert into a king size bed. Still an inside, but hey it's a cruise and you will be treated just like the folks who paid cruiseline rates vs. what you paid ! Have a BLAST !!!

mariemorgan
November 29th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Royal Caribbean does go out of Galveston.. Only part of the year though.

TxYummy
November 29th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Coolies... Thanks for the info Travelntreats
Well we're not that picky when it comes to sleeping courters, besides like you said convert to king size :D

Only thing we're not thrilled about is the drive from Dallas... haha maybe I should say him drive...

I can't wait 5 more days, this is our belated Honeymoon @ that

travelntreats
November 29th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Coolies... Thanks for the info Travelntreats
Well we're not that picky when it comes to sleeping courters, besides like you said convert to king size :D

Only thing we're not thrilled about is the drive from Dallas... haha maybe I should say him drive...

I can't wait 5 more days, this is our belated Honeymoon @ that
How nice... CONGRATS on finally getting to have that honeymoon, even if belated ! HAVE A GREAT CRUISE !!!

linbar99
September 27th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I am just starting the process with Spirit for my free cruise. I have sent in the $100 deposit and just received an e-mail from them asking to pick a destination, departure and a choice of 3 dates. Do they give you any details on the cruise choices to help you with that decision. Any suggestions as to picking the dates? We are flexible, but do not want the run-a-round. You say you did not pay for any upgrades, but did eventually get them anyway. When did they offer the cabin upgrade and was it from Carnival? Any help or suggestions in making our arrangements would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

krmlaw
February 1st, 2010, 02:50 PM
i too am in this process ...

i gave them 3 dates and they told me i will hear within 45 days of the 1st day (which is in the beginning of july)

what do you guys think ... will i sail?

firefly333
February 1st, 2010, 02:54 PM
i too am in this process ...

i gave them 3 dates and they told me i will hear within 45 days of the 1st day (which is in the beginning of july)

what do you guys think ... will i sail?

I got a cruise (but not really free, but discounted at best) and was told I should hear probably some time in Feb. My first date picked is in May.

lrp384
March 2nd, 2010, 01:07 AM
Hello!
My husband and I are going through the same thing. We have paid our deposit and are in the process of hearing back about our dates. I really hope to get one of the first two days selected, but we will see.
Does anyone know about how long it takes to find out if your date has been approved or not? I know it says they will inform us at least 45 days in advance, but that is not a lot of time for us to plan around.
So has everyone had good experiences on the actual cruise? We will be sailing out of Galveston hopefully either in May or August.
Thanks!

xo101
March 2nd, 2010, 01:23 AM
I am the one who originally posted this thread back in 2008 and it turned out very well for us (the Spirit Incentives cruise). I believe I started calling them about 60 days out (every few days) just to check in. I found out by phone about a week before I ever got anything in the mail. They will try to upsell you upon your booking, but we didn't... and ended up getting an upgrade. We actually had breakfast the final morning of the cruise with another couple who won the same package, and had paid to upgrade and were only a few doors down from us. So unless you are really particular about getting a window I would just hold off and cross your fingers and more than likely you will get a free upgrade.

I believe the date that they approved was my LAST of my 3 dates. I'm thinking the May would be less people than the August date, (unless its after the 23rd) so you have a good chance at getting May.

Have fun, and I have stayed on various levels of the ship and I have never had a bad experience. I'm just happy to be on a cruise! :)

Enjoy it!
K

okwriter
March 2nd, 2010, 06:38 AM
I'm thinking I need to go hear a sales pitch... or two... :D

dliteu
March 2nd, 2010, 05:40 PM
We paid $100 for both to turn into a 5 day instead of a four day. Worked out great.

madskillz
March 7th, 2010, 11:13 PM
I am the one who originally posted this thread back in 2008 and it turned out very well for us (the Spirit Incentives cruise). I believe I started calling them about 60 days out (every few days) just to check in. I found out by phone about a week before I ever got anything in the mail. They will try to upsell you upon your booking, but we didn't... and ended up getting an upgrade. We actually had breakfast the final morning of the cruise with another couple who won the same package, and had paid to upgrade and were only a few doors down from us. So unless you are really particular about getting a window I would just hold off and cross your fingers and more than likely you will get a free upgrade.

I believe the date that they approved was my LAST of my 3 dates. I'm thinking the May would be less people than the August date, (unless its after the 23rd) so you have a good chance at getting May.

Have fun, and I have stayed on various levels of the ship and I have never had a bad experience. I'm just happy to be on a cruise! :)

Enjoy it!
K

Thanks a million for the info. I am about to start the process with my wife. We got a free cruise and a vacation getaway from Spirit Incentives via Silver Leaf Resorts. While the ship is in port, are we required to get a hotel while the ship is docked? Are there any hidden fees and the like? Thanks for your help in advance.

Also, do I have to have a credit card? What about a debit card? And what are the chances we can extend our cruise a day? Thanks.

Skillz

ATXgirl
March 9th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I have been looking for someone who has actually taken the "free" cruise offered by Silver Leaf Resort. It's good to know that the trip does actually exist. I'm going on Sunday to the presentation...just to get the cruise.

What restrictions on travel dates do they give you? Any chance we'd be able to travel during the summer?

I've read that you have to pay some fees beyond the $100 deposit. How much were the fees?

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions/advice.

madskillz
March 9th, 2010, 10:08 PM
I have been looking for someone who has actually taken the "free" cruise offered by Silver Leaf Resort. It's good to know that the trip does actually exist. I'm going on Sunday to the presentation...just to get the cruise.

What restrictions on travel dates do they give you? Any chance we'd be able to travel during the summer?

I've read that you have to pay some fees beyond the $100 deposit. How much were the fees?

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions/advice.

A word of advice - they will wear you down mentally - expect a 3-hour wait max and then they'll show you all of the wonderful niceties and properties on-site. Then, they'll hit you with 3 different folks - and try to get you to sign up for their program. You get a 3rd trip if you sign up with them too. We got the cruise, the 5-day vacation getaway to Aruba, Jamaica, Puerto Rico and Hawaii (our choice) and a severe headache.

Bring a book or a PDA cell phone to pass the time.

Mrs. Squirrel
March 10th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Our very first Carnival cruise was the result of a gift for attending a timeshare presentation with RCI in Indy. It was with Spirit Incentives. It is legit, but you must jump through every hoop they give you in the fine print. Not difficult, but stressful, especially if you are wondering all along if it is a scam or how they are going to rip you off. (I know I did). The final of our 3 dates were approved and we were notified well in advance. We declined the upgrade and there were no hidden charges. We were on the Sensation in 2003. We were pleasantly surprised with an ocean view cabin upon embarkation. As I had only been on RCCL 3 times prior, I was floored with how large the cabin was in comparison. We had a great time! We have never been back to RCCL.

The presentation was every bit of 3 hours, but we practiced ahead of time, "No. . .now give me my free cruise" over and over on the way there. They did wear us down mentally to the point of us almost breaking and running out of the place, but we held firm and were rewarded. They seem to get really angry at you at the end as a final pressure tactic.

As an aside, did a timeshare presentation in Cozumel, Mx during our Freedom cruise, as we wanted the free resort day in return. My DH's first language is Polish. We decided that he would only speak Polish in an attempt to shorten the presentation-I would defer to him as the decision maker. Well I'll be dipped if they didn't pull a 20 something Polish man out of there *%# to give DH the presentation in Polish. You have got to be kidding me?! In Mexico!:D They are good. . .very good!

Mrs. Squirrel
March 10th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Any chance we'd be able to travel during the summer?

Our Sensation Cruise was a 5 night to Cozumel and Grand Cayman on 6/14/2003.

madskillz
March 10th, 2010, 01:59 AM
@ Mrs. Squirrel - can you tell me if my wife and I have to leave the ship at night or can we stay aboard the ship at night? I've heard stories from people that they had to disembark and pay for nights in a hotel.

We started the process and need to know how much extra we need to bring.

Also, have you done any other Spirit Incentive programs? We got a 5-day vacation getaway, but we have to pay for airfare and meals. Thanks!

goofytoo
March 10th, 2010, 08:35 AM
We are going to a time share presentation in April. Our invitation was a post card showing a Carnival ship and had Carnival cruise written across it. The invitation said we were to receive a seven day cruise. I see everyone else had shorter cruises or they had to pay an upgrade for a longer cruise. I was wondering, did your invitation say a 7 day cruise to begin with?

I am very skeptical and read all of the fine print, only thing I am learyabout is that it said it may not be a Carnival cruise. I was wondering does this mean that I will be on a ship which stops at time resorts along the way and charge us to stay in them?

Mrs. Squirrel
March 11th, 2010, 02:07 AM
@ Mrs. Squirrel - can you tell me if my wife and I have to leave the ship at night or can we stay aboard the ship at night? I've heard stories from people that they had to disembark and pay for nights in a hotel.

We started the process and need to know how much extra we need to bring.

Also, have you done any other Spirit Incentive programs? We got a 5-day vacation getaway, but we have to pay for airfare and meals. Thanks!

All I can say is that we didn't have to get off at night. The cruise went to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mx. We were on a regular, available to the public to book, Carnival cruise. They just picked up the tab minus our $100 deposit and port fees/taxes. We were treated no differently than any other passenger.

That having been said. . .this was 2003 and not via the resort you toured. We were never offered any other vacation incentives or options so don't know how they would work. Let us know how it works out!

sharonh1885
March 11th, 2010, 02:41 AM
I have done two of those Spirit incentives cruise time share presentations. The first went off without a hitch after I went through the fine print to give them three dates within 12 months from the presentation that are not within 14 days either side of a holiday, no more than 30 days from each other and all the other restrictions. They chose the third date and I went to Mexico and Catalina Island for 4 days on the old Holiday. The cruise was great and I was upgraded to a window stateroom. It came about a time when work was scarce and the offer was certainly worth the work. The second time a few years ago, I sent them the three dates with the deposit and they waited until one week before my third requested date was scheduled (I thought for sure I would get that one since the other 2 dates had passed) to let me know they could not accomodate my request. I asked them to give me three new dates since after August there were so few available without getting too close to holidays or each other and they told me it was my problem and if I wanted to go I needed to submit my dates ASAP. There were only 2 possibilities for the remainder of the year so I sent them in. My request was returned since I didn't follow directions and choose three dates. I could never get any satisfaction from their phone reps and it took me an additional 8 months to get my deposit money back. It was certainly not worth the effort the second time and I haven't considered doing it again.

hokalier
March 11th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Our postcard advertised a 7 day cruise and that is exactly what we got. We were on the Carnival Liberty last January for 7 days. I do remember it saying something about it may not be a Carnival cruise, however, that just means it may be a different cruise line. I think at the time they were offering Carnival and Royal Car. cruises. When I called they told me my offer was only good for Carnival. So that is what I would expect. If you do everything exactly as they so, you should be good to go. Good luck!!

goofytoo
March 11th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Our postcard advertised a 7 day cruise and that is exactly what we got. We were on the Carnival Liberty last January for 7 days. I do remember it saying something about it may not be a Carnival cruise, however, that just means it may be a different cruise line. I think at the time they were offering Carnival and Royal Car. cruises. When I called they told me my offer was only good for Carnival. So that is what I would expect. If you do everything exactly as they so, you should be good to go. Good luck!!

Thanks

Vabassman
April 3rd, 2010, 08:58 PM
I like most others I guess, sat for hours at a time share talk to get this free cruise. I called prior to the talk and asked if any of the cruises went out of Baltimore and I was yes. I get the paperwork after the three hours of listening to the talk and Baltimore is not one of the ports. Can anyone say if you can use this voucher for Baltimore if it is not listed on my paperwork and is it worth while to even attempt the crusise. I have read many negative comments on this company and it appears that I might be as well off just to pay and book my own cruise. Thanks for any input with any dealings with this company.

amoynihan
July 8th, 2010, 11:01 AM
I have taken 3 Spirit Incentives Carnival Ecstasy out of Galveston cruises and on my 4th in August. No problems with Spirit...I just follow all directions completely. I have paid extra for a 5 night cruise in January 2010 and it worked out to be 1/2 of what Carnival wanted for the same cruise.
This August cruise is a 4 night cruise and it is like paying buy one get one free cruise fare. I have 2 other Spirit Incentives certificates which I have just mailed my $100 deposit to and hope to go again in December and the other cruise in 2011.
Every time I have gone thru Spirit, I have had no problems but I am flexible with the times that I can go. Just be aware that when they give you the number to call and book the cruise...you have to be ready for any extra payments they will want payment immediately and they will also want you to book it then. Sometimes they offer a completely new date and if you don't take it then you don't get your vacation. Of course, they will send back your deposit but I prefer to take a vacation.

mrgz1113
October 23rd, 2010, 07:36 PM
Sorry to voice my opinion, but I took the Spirit Incentives cruise with RCCL to the Bahamas. We upgraded to the oceanview room, which was very reasonable. We enjoyed it. I dont know why people talk so bad about it. We didnt have any trouble at all. We got to go in August of this year. It was worth the 90 min presentation at the Silverleaf resort for the cruise...

newbiecruiser2011
December 13th, 2010, 08:39 AM
I just paid my $198 deposit and received a message saying "promotion award unable to be used" and "There are not enough valid travel dates available between today and the expiration date of this offer to select the required 3 dates and meet the required terms of participation."

I read the fine print over again and based upon their rule that the 1st date chosen has to be 60 days out, and the next two have to be 30 days apart, that still puts me within the time frame of my certificate (it was given to me 4/23/10). Now that I see the run-around given with the dates, I am really worried that even if I call and complain in order to be able to chose dates, my efforts will be in vain due to them stalling. Yes, I will want a refund of my $$$, but I would rather get the cruise!!! Any suggestions?

Krislena
January 30th, 2012, 08:14 PM
When I got my travel certificate I was promised the cruise would be on Royal Carribbean. I don't want to come off as a snob but Carnival is NOT RC! I just discovered tonight they are doing this bait and switch. Any ideas on how to get them to give you the RC cruise they promised? I already paid my $100 and put in my 4 hours at the time share place to get the certificate!

spacepotatoes
January 31st, 2012, 04:22 PM
The original poster said that they specifically asked to be on a Carnival ship because there were no RC sailings out of the port they wanted at the times they wanted. Previous posters have said they were on RC ships. No bait and switch.

Krislena
February 1st, 2012, 10:13 AM
I contacted Royal Carribbean and they said they do not work with Spirit Incentives. They told me that I had been "taken". None of the sailings they offer are on dates Royal Carribbean sails. Royal Carribbean DOES sail out of Galveston but they are not offering any cruises that take off on those dates.

Lisl123
February 1st, 2012, 10:58 AM
As an aside, did a timeshare presentation in Cozumel, Mx during our Freedom cruise, as we wanted the free resort day in return. My DH's first language is Polish. We decided that he would only speak Polish in an attempt to shorten the presentation-I would defer to him as the decision maker. Well I'll be dipped if they didn't pull a 20 something Polish man out of there *%# to give DH the presentation in Polish. You have got to be kidding me?! In Mexico!:D They are good. . .very good!

Ok, that's just awesome ... one of the best time share anecdotes ever ... "Polish? Oh yes ... hang on ... we have a translator for you!"

livestocruisetoo
February 1st, 2012, 12:12 PM
When I got my travel certificate I was promised the cruise would be on Royal Carribbean. I don't want to come off as a snob but Carnival is NOT RC! I just discovered tonight they are doing this bait and switch. Any ideas on how to get them to give you the RC cruise they promised? I already paid my $100 and put in my 4 hours at the time share place to get the certificate!

You do have that promise in writing I hope. Good luck.

sgrbhtngr
February 15th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I just wanted to chime in, for the benefit of the skeptics. We just returned from our 4 day Cruise to Cozumel on Carnival. The Spirit Incentives promo works for what it is- a highly discounted cruise, but not a free one. For both of us, we shelled out $337 in all. You can definitely get some deals on cruises but the least you can get for this cruise is about $300 per person. So, this is still a very good steal. Spirit incentives works!

davidjaguar25
May 8th, 2012, 02:05 PM
I just wanted to chime in, for the benefit of the skeptics. We just returned from our 4 day Cruise to Cozumel on Carnival. The Spirit Incentives promo works for what it is- a highly discounted cruise, but not a free one. For both of us, we shelled out $337 in all. You can definitely get some deals on cruises but the least you can get for this cruise is about $300 per person. So, this is still a very good steal. Spirit incentives works!

Hello there...Based on your experience, the 337 you paid was in total for both? or each? we "won' (after one of those long, tedious, boring, pressure, anxiety mood to leave and run silver leaf presentations) one of those 3night cruise to Bahamas, looks like it will be in the Sensation, we really don't plan to make any upgrades, we already sent the 100USD deposit... so besides the 100, we still would need to pay those 337 (aprox) you mention??? as an example?
We really are down thinking this was our opportunity since our last cruise (two years ago on the Dream :) Honey Moon) to go on a cruise, but financially, after we heard we had to pay almost 600bucks... that burst our bubble.. I mean.. 377 sounds reasonable... better than 600... but still we are in the "wth" stage... any advise?:D

sgrbhtngr
May 9th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Hello there...Based on your experience, the 337 you paid was in total for both? or each? we "won' (after one of those long, tedious, boring, pressure, anxiety mood to leave and run silver leaf presentations) one of those 3night cruise to Bahamas, looks like it will be in the Sensation, we really don't plan to make any upgrades, we already sent the 100USD deposit... so besides the 100, we still would need to pay those 337 (aprox) you mention??? as an example?
We really are down thinking this was our opportunity since our last cruise (two years ago on the Dream :) Honey Moon) to go on a cruise, but financially, after we heard we had to pay almost 600bucks... that burst our bubble.. I mean.. 377 sounds reasonable... better than 600... but still we are in the "wth" stage... any advise?:D

David,

The $337 I mentioned included the initial $100 for each person. As you know, they make you deposit $100 person initially. When you call to make a booking, they will ask you to pay a so-called 'port fee'. I know the actual port fee is much less but just go along with it. So, in all it turned out to me around $337 for both of us together. Still worth it!

nonotyet
July 17th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Hello there. My boyfriend won a 'free' cruise. We just paid our deposit and are going to start choosing our dates. We are taking the cruise that leaves from Florida and goes to the Bahamas. We have never been on a cruise.

We have some questions:
- What do you do all day? We don't drink or gamble. Do they have things to do?
- How small and horrible are the standard rooms you get? I can't believe they would put 2 adults in bunk beds.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks. :)

sgrbhtngr
July 18th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Cruising is loads of fun. There is always so much to do that you actually have to decide what to miss! Every morning there is a day-schedule slipped into your room- it has couple games, family games, Vegas-style shows, stand-up comedy shows, movies on the deck, magic shows etc. Not to forget the eating takes up a considerable part of the day. We were first-time cruisers too- we went in Feb 2012 but we liked it so much we are going again in August, paying our own way through. The rooms are definitely small. They are not all bunk beds, though. Try calling the cruise to find more about your room, once you are assigned one. It is small but good enough for 2 people; think 'dorm-room'. Also, just like dorm-rooms, you will hardly be in your room except for coming back to sleep and relax. Have a blast!

nonotyet
July 19th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks, sgrbhtngr. I appreciate your response. :)

chell0909
August 7th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I've really enjoyed reading everyones experiences with Spirit Incentives. I have a couple of questions/concerns.

(1) I only paid a $100 deposit. Someone else said they paid $100 per person. Have you all paid $100 for a couple or for each person?

(2) Has anyone added family members to the cruise. I want to add my son (in the same stateroom), and Spirit says that's okay. But they refuse to quote me a price until my date is confirmed. They won't even give me an estimate, and they say that I cannot use any of Carnival's incentives or discounts. Any thoughts?

I'm nervious about not getting the first date that I chose because Nov & December dates show that there are premiums of $200 per person...I guess because they are peak months??

crusinpsychRN
August 7th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Empress deck is the deck to be on that class of ship. Easy debarkation and close to most activities.

crusinpsychRN
August 7th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Anybody buy a timeshare?

caroljo
September 6th, 2012, 11:55 AM
You do have that promise in writing I hope. Good luck.

If you ARE limited to Carnival, just keep an open mind and go enjoy it. I had the same opinion, but booked a Carnival cruise last yeas because of the great deal it was, and we were very pleasantly surprised about how nice the ship was. We had a great cruise!

KeKe81
September 18th, 2012, 08:02 PM
About how long after you chose your dates, did they email you the telephone number to book the cruise? Its been about 2wks for me and I need to know if any of my available dates are open, asap. I need to plan way before 45 days.

sgrbhtngr
September 19th, 2012, 09:02 AM
About how long after you chose your dates, did they email you the telephone number to book the cruise? Its been about 2wks for me and I need to know if any of my available dates are open, asap. I need to plan way before 45 days.

Well, they emailed me exactly 45 days before my earliest chosen date, as they had promised. However, when they contacted me I requested them to put me on my LAST chosen date so I have time to prepare. They accepted my request and we sailed about 5 months after that.

TwoCruisersTexas
October 25th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Well, they emailed me exactly 45 days before my earliest chosen date, as they had promised. However, when they contacted me I requested them to put me on my LAST chosen date so I have time to prepare. They accepted my request and we sailed about 5 months after that.

The same for us...waiting is part of the game. This trip is about 13 months after we sat through the presentation. It was brutal but a definite learning experience on this process.
I have only sailed in balcony rooms so this will be my maiden voyage inside, and on Carnival. For only port fees we couldn't pass this up. I'm looking forward to the experience.
As stated before, these promotions are designed to try to up-sell. We held firm. I didn't want them to make more money for what they made us sit through.
We sail next week and ill post an update when we get back.

sjn911
October 25th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Insides on Fantasy class I think are very nice..the showers are huge in comparison to newer ships and 1 A's with the bunk still roomy and same bathroom, mine sat 4 ladies on a dinner table impromptu cabin crawl; 2 on bed and 1 on chair and one on stool.....Sarah

KeKe81
October 26th, 2012, 02:49 PM
how much was the final amt?

TwoCruisersTexas
October 26th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Anybody buy a timeshare?

Nope

how much was the final amt?

Our pre board total was $160 pp... 4 days Galveston to Cozumel and back.

MJNZ2012
October 28th, 2012, 11:12 PM
We followed all the instructions. Got called quickly and booked the latest available date (months later). We leave this Thursday. We upgraded to oceanview and then I decided to upgrade to balcony as a surprise for husband. Called Carnival and they told me price and said call your travel agent. I called Spirit. Could NOT believe they charged me same price (no markup). We sail soon and are still paying, with upgrades, no more than 55% of the retail cost. Maybe we could do batter with past guest or prebook discount but I am happy.

TwoCruisersTexas
November 7th, 2012, 05:48 PM
We sail next week and ill post an update when we get back.

We just got back from this cruise and wanted to give you an update. The cabin we were assigned was 1437 on the Rivera Deck(1). While unpacking we made note of the noise coming from the AC duct, but realized that being on bottom deck and all the way in the back that was to be expected. We returned to the room after dinner, and I have to tell you it sounded like we were standing inside a fast moving locomotive. The noise and vibration was unbelievable. I went to guest services, knowing this was a Spirit Incentive deal, was prepared to hear "sorry, there's nothing we can do". I was pleasantly surprised. The officer on duty came back to the room to verify what I was telling her, told us she had to check with her supervisor and call us back. The next day we were moved into another A4 (starboard forward). No more noise and vibration...Bottom line, they took care of us...good deal.

bigdaddyvoges
November 14th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks so much for all of the insight. Just submitted our days last night, for 2013 on the Imagination. Hurry email, hurry! :D

sweet angel
December 4th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Just got the call that we "won" a "free 4/5/7 night Caribbean cruise" on either Carnival or Royal Caribbean or a land vacation...forget the locations. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the dates for the presentation didn't work for us. We were told it was a 90-minute presentation. Since I agreed to have them keep our entry information and contact us next time they're local, I have some questions:

If it's a "free" cruise, why is there a deposit?
How fine is the fine print? Meaning, how many hoops to jump through?
How brutal is the presentation?

In my opinion, "free" means without cost. I can see having to pay taxes and port fees, but why a deposit?

bigdaddyvoges
January 7th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Sue,

The deposit does go towards the port fees & taxes. As long as you hold your ground, you will walk out the door without paying a single cent. The presentation isn't *that bad,* its the pressure game afterwards. Also, I've read the room has bunk beds, but you can pay to upgrade. Hope this helps. We should be receiving the call from them in a couple of weeks telling us which of our days have been chosen (takes about 3 months). Hope this helps.

MRS. Bigdaddyvoges.

sweet angel
January 7th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Sue,

The deposit does go towards the port fees & taxes. As long as you hold your ground, you will walk out the door without paying a single cent. The presentation isn't *that bad,* its the pressure game afterwards. Also, I've read the room has bunk beds, but you can pay to upgrade. Hope this helps. We should be receiving the call from them in a couple of weeks telling us which of our days have been chosen (takes about 3 months). Hope this helps.

MRS. Bigdaddyvoges.
Thanks. Maybe I'll keep putting them off until you report back!

kris38ddRN
February 3rd, 2013, 02:03 PM
Well I won a "free" 3 night cruise with airfare included from SUndance travel presentation. Of course I had to sit through 2-3 hours of a stron sales pitch but when it was over I got my cruise. I paid a 198 deposit which goes towards taxes. The total taxes/fees per person was 292. We have to arrrive a day before so we are also responsible for hotel accomodation for that night and transportation to and from the port. We are to land in Ft Lauderdale which is 30 min away and e are going to take a cab. On the call to get the confirmed dates of travel you have to be prepared to pay the full balance and agree to whatever date they quote you on that phone call. I did all of this and within 24 hours my itinerary was emailed to me and my reservation was visible on the royal caribean website. So less than 300 dollars for airfare and the cruise is a deal you cannot beat. Of course all of the other expenses but I am sure i saved waaaaayyyyy more than I could have ever afforded. I live in Chicago and round trip airfare alone would have been 400. So follow rules exactly and it should all pan out my cruise is in 75 days and i will post againa fter i return. It is NOT a scam!!

Fydlstyx
February 3rd, 2013, 04:34 PM
A word of advice - they will wear you down mentally - expect a 3-hour wait max and then they'll show you all of the wonderful niceties and properties on-site. Then, they'll hit you with 3 different folks - and try to get you to sign up for their program. You get a 3rd trip if you sign up with them too. We got the cruise, the 5-day vacation getaway to Aruba, Jamaica, Puerto Rico and Hawaii (our choice) and a severe headache.

Bring a book or a PDA cell phone to pass the time.

Our time share presentation was in Virginia. We said no multiple times and they dragged over another salesman, and when we got to salesman number three, I had a lightbulb moment. I started talking like they were convincing me and then said, "Do a lot of people bring their dogs?" A look of horror passed over the dude's face as he exclaimed that their property is entirely pet free (which I knew because I read that in the brochure in the room the night before). I looked suitably disappointed and said that of course we could not buy then because we do not travel without our dogs for longer than one or two nights. One last halfhearted attempt at selling, to which my husband replied, "Forget it. She never leaves those dogs," with a little shake of his head and a look that told the salesman I am a nut. Boom. Done. (Although he did advise that he knew how we could illegally and unethically pass our dogs off as service dogs).

Took the "free" Spirit incentives cruise on Norwegian and never looked back. The cruise was fabulous. The process for reserving was extremely easy, and I noticed that a lot of people who carry on about it being fake or being difficult to book, etc (on other boards, not here) simply failed to follow the instructions. If you follow them exactly, it seems to work out just fine!

shooooby
July 6th, 2013, 09:53 PM
We attended the timeshare presentation today, so I am just learning about the difficulties in booking the free cruise.

This is my understanding. We have to send $100 before we can learn the available dates. Then we have to choose 3 dates and wait for them to approve or not.

Can we make all three choices from Galveston? It isn't worth flying to Florida for a 4 day cruise, but it would be easy for us to drive to Galveston.

Does anyone know? Thanks.

shooooby
July 21st, 2013, 07:10 PM
Well, I registered for my "free" cruise. I should get an invoice within two weeks for the deposit. We may be stupid to follow through with this but we have friends who did this and took the free cruise.

sweet angel
July 21st, 2013, 08:24 PM
Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress.

FlaMilkman
July 21st, 2013, 09:49 PM
I can't honestly tell you about the cruise version of the Spirit Incentives trip but can tell you about taking the "free" airfare and hotel option of the deal.

We attended the presentation in Boca Raton approximately six months ago. The presentation itself isn't too bad and, in our case, the high pressure sales afterwards was almost non-existent. They realized that my DW and I weren't going to bite and figured that there were bigger fish to catch in our group. We got the coupons for $40 in free gas (4 x $10 coupons that had to be mailed in with original receipts) and the offer for a couple of nights in Anaheim and corresponding airfare.

We really had one date in mind because we wanted to attend a wedding. So we picked our week (which is actually next week), Christmas week and Thanksgiving week figuring that it was the safest bets to get the week we wanted. We were right. The hardest thing was waiting to 45 days before our trip to find out the week they selected because we were afraid if they didn't come through that we would have to buy expensive airline tickets.

In addition to the $100 deposit we had to pay an additional $168 in taxes and fees for the two of us. The $268 is still lower than the published fare of $675 it would have cost the two of us if we bought them without the incentive. We are flying on American Airlines from Fort Lauderdale (changing in Dallas on the way there and non-stop / red eye coming back).

As for the free hotel - we declined. Is was for a Motel 6 / Econolodge (or some equivalent). It may have saved us some money. However, not only did we not want to stay in that level hotel, the wedding itself is actually closer to downtown Los Angeles and we didn't want to commute that far anyway.

Be careful when you actually call Spirit Incentives to redeem your trip. If you don't make the reservation on the initial call they will charge you $35 to call again. The call itself, without exaggeration, took nearly 45 minutes (most of it on hold). They certainly don't make things easy. However, saving a couple hundred $$$ made the experience tolerable.

savanratanpara
September 3rd, 2013, 12:19 PM
Hi guys,

I just won the cruise to Bahamas, like many of you, and got an email from Spirit incentives asking for $100 registration fee. I dont mind sending a $100 check as it doesnt look like a scam from what many of you said. I would like to know what is the procedure after that. When do I tell them when I want to go. I would like to go in March 2014 which is like 7 months from now. thank you in advance

hamgela
October 4th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Hi guys,

I just won the cruise to Bahamas, like many of you, and got an email from Spirit incentives asking for $100 registration fee. I dont mind sending a $100 check as it doesnt look like a scam from what many of you said. I would like to know what is the procedure after that. When do I tell them when I want to go. I would like to go in March 2014 which is like 7 months from now. thank you in advance

We were successful with spirit incentives and cruising. You have to be diligent, read the fine print, and be flexible about dates. It is also not a "free" cruise. They tell you that you have to pay "taxes and fees". At the end of the day, we wound up getting a highly discounted cruise. It was about 50% what it would have cost us to book with the cruise line.

Once you've paid the deposit I would watch the website (where you enter your certificate number) like a hawk. About 2weeeks after getting your deposit they'll allow you to pick 3 travel dates. Once you've picked your dates, I would watch the website like a hawk again. Eventually (30 - 45 days later) it will tell you you're ready to call and book. You must be prepared to pay all your taxes and fees at that time. if you don't they cancel and you loose the ability to use the certificate.

Good Luck!

kninaz
January 21st, 2014, 10:45 PM
Hi All,
I got my free cruise from Spirit Incentives and mailed in my $198 check. I'm waiting to see the available dates.

If you've taken one of these cruises, can you tell me which ship you were on?

Thanks,
Nina

hamgela
January 21st, 2014, 10:53 PM
Hi All,
I got my free cruise from Spirit Incentives and mailed in my $198 check. I'm waiting to see the available dates.

If you've taken one of these cruises, can you tell me which ship you were on?

Thanks,
Nina

I was on the norwegian pearl out of Miami.

JageNGeeg
February 15th, 2014, 11:41 AM
We just booked our cruise yesterday for Sept 29, and are now in the 72 hour waiting for email reply stage. I have seen where a few have you have gotten the free upgrades. How did you accomplish this? What do we need to do to try and get it? This is our first cruise, long overdue honeymoon! So excited!!!

SFCRUISER13
February 23rd, 2014, 07:59 PM
Hi,
We attended a presentation which provided us with a 4 day cruise to Mexico on Carnival Inspiration. I agree that it was a bit of a process to get the cruise from the port you want to depart from. The room is an inside cabin but the price was free (no port charges either). You send a deposit which is refunded, after you select your dates. You choose three dates, and they try to match up one of them, so you need some flexibility.

The cruise was a lot more fun than I expected, it's not like a cruise on Royal Caribbean, (food/activiites/etc), but it was good.

So, yes, this is legitimate although it's not an entirely painless process.

hamgela
March 20th, 2014, 03:10 PM
We just booked our cruise yesterday for Sept 29, and are now in the 72 hour waiting for email reply stage. I have seen where a few have you have gotten the free upgrades. How did you accomplish this? What do we need to do to try and get it? This is our first cruise, long overdue honeymoon! So excited!!!

We got a standard inside cabin. They told us it would be two twin "bunk beds" and the room would only fit two people. The ship we were traveling on didn't have bunk bed rooms so I knew it was their way of trying to get us to pay for an upgrade.