PDA

View Full Version : Shore Excursions

vpoopsy
December 15th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I'm sure this has been asked before, but.....

We were looking at shore excursions yesterday and decided to go ahead and book online. Not happening!!!

I emailed my TA and they do not book excursions. Do I call MSC or do we have to wait until we board the ship? If so, are they booking as we board the ship?

32 days and counting!!! It's 17 degrees here, I'm ready for fun in the sun!

StormingtheCastle
December 15th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I'm sure this has been asked before, but.....

We were looking at shore excursions yesterday and decided to go ahead and book online. Not happening!!!

I emailed my TA and they do not book excursions. Do I call MSC or do we have to wait until we board the ship? If so, are they booking as we board the ship?

32 days and counting!!! It's 17 degrees here, I'm ready for fun in the sun!

I wonder why your TA won't book them? MSC is one of the very cruise lines that pays commission for their excursions. Perhaps you should make sure your TA knows that!

That said I just talked to a MSC rep for my reservation and they said I can just call them and book it directly. Give it a try.

vpoopsy
December 15th, 2008, 02:32 PM
I used an internet service to book. I will probably give MSC a call. Thanks for the information.

royandjenn
December 15th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Hello there! I have been asking the same thing for months and months... never getting a straight answer. But finally... yes... finally, my TA got the info! I hope I can copy the form on here... But first, she said, go to MSC website and click on shore excursions. Click on carribbean... port etc. Figure our which ones you want. The prices are written there too. Then fill out the form, and give to your TA, and they will fax it for you. Can't paste it in here for some reason. Here is my email address, and you can email me, and I will forward the form... no problem! jennroy@telus.net.

vpoopsy
December 16th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I emailed you, thanks for your help. I hope it's not too late to book since we leave on January 17th.

royandjenn
December 16th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Hello, I just sent you the form! Sorry it wasn't sooner but unfortunataly I had to work. It says the form has to be rec'd before 3 days of the cruise. You should be fine. I tried to call MSC, and the guy on the phone said I have to book thru my TA... but anyways... please let me know if you rec'd it, and any questions, I can attempt to help you!!!

lovetexas
December 16th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Hey you guys-- would you please post reviews as soon as you get back??

I think yall are some of the firsts on the Orchestra in the Caribbean.

We are going in March, and I would LOVE to hear everything.

Thanks a head of time....;)

Inshape
December 24th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I second that pls. We are doing MSC too and would love to hear from those coming back in early January. Thanks.

Arubamoose
December 24th, 2008, 06:49 PM
With the post that is.....
We are going on the 24th of January and I PROMISE....SWEAR....SWEAR....I will answer all questions and I will blog a very extensive review.
Hope all of you sailing before me will do the same.
Thanks!

dis2cruise
December 25th, 2008, 06:50 AM
call up msc on their toll free phone number and you can book all excursions over the phone.

royandjenn
December 27th, 2008, 08:02 PM
We faxed our shore excursion form last week, and everything went thru within 2 days. They are paid for... yeah! One less thing to have to think about... Not a fan of lines!!