PDA

View Full Version : Will Unrest in Holy Land Impact Cruises?

LauraS
January 2nd, 2009, 01:00 PM
Cruise Critic has just posted the following news:

Will Unrest in Holy Land Impact Cruises?

Read the entire news article... (http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2994)

burgermama1
January 7th, 2009, 05:21 PM
I would like to see the Holy Land but only if it is safe to do so. I know the cruise lines have our best interest in mind.

My question is what other cruise ports would we go to? Since so many of us are already planning our tours for the other ports it is very difficult to know if we will be in the original ports on the scheduled days. Any suggestions? If this has happened to anyone else on a previous cruise, how did they handle it?

I am traveling on the Celebrity Equinox in October and hope by then the problems will be solved.

burgermama1 / Nancy

gigigetter
January 12th, 2009, 11:30 AM
We will be booking our excurions through the ship because Princess says that they are not sure about sailing into Israel and the decision may not be made until the point of sailing. Princess along with the other cruiselines will not enter a port where there is civil unrest. I'm treating this much like a Carribbean cruise during hurricane season, who knows what will happen, maybe we'll be fortunate to have an unexpected port of call. Another excuse to travel in the future!:o