PDA

View Full Version : duct tape

Frassy
February 5th, 2009, 01:15 PM
What is duct tape used for on cruises? Sorry--I am a first timer.

pappagene
February 5th, 2009, 01:32 PM

about the best use for duct tape is to make emergency repairs to whatever, suitcases, clothing, to stop things that go bump in the night, etc.

Duct tape is the force that holds the universe together and wd-40 keeps it spinning.

cb at sea
February 5th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I've never brought any--if something requires duct tape, I'm fairly certain that the maintenance dept. will have some I can use!

Frassy
February 5th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks, I know I've seen it on lists that say it's a MUST....but I cannot figure out why. If ya'll don't take any and get by, it must NOT be a must...lol :eek:

kf657
February 5th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Roll a few feet around a piece of plastic- I use an used gift card.
Good for a bunch of things:

Ripped suitcase,
emergency clothing repair(actually used to fix hem once)
Help wrap gifts for flight home
general repairs- you would be surprised how it comes in handy

Frassy
February 5th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks KF--I just may have to stash a roll in the ole suitcase. I appreciate your reply. ;)

pappagene
February 6th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Thanks KF--I just may have to stash a roll in the ole suitcase. I appreciate your reply. ;)

We have always found someone with tape when we couldn't take any ourselves.

RUBBER DUCK
February 6th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I heard the balcony doors won't stay open on thier own. You could use duct tape to hold it open. Use it to hold the blinds closed, fix luggage holes, make a jumprope, whatever. It is very strong and sticky.

UPCrawfish
February 6th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Comes in handy if the TSA folks confiscate your handcuffs.....:eek:

Frassy
February 11th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Now that's funny....UPS :p

Caribbean Sunsets
February 20th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I mostly bring it because if your luggage meets with unfortunate baggage handlers, it comes in very handy.

momofmeg
June 21st, 2009, 10:41 AM
about the best use for duct tape is to make emergency repairs to whatever, suitcases, clothing, to stop things that go bump in the night, etc.

Duct tape is the force that holds the universe together and wd-40 keeps it spinning.

When the airline ripped up my hangup bag-I wished I had brought duct tape.

GWTWLady
June 22nd, 2009, 07:35 AM
Comes in handy if the TSA folks confiscate your handcuffs.....:eek:

Only a fellow TIGER could come up with that!!!! I see you are in Omaha...going to the game???

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!! :D

velotaco
June 28th, 2009, 05:38 AM

In case the ship hits an iceberg.

Highbypass Turbofan
August 9th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Instead of a whole roll, just roll up a small portion (3'-5') on a fountain pen or small dowel. That way it will fit easier in your suitcase or carryon baggage!

donaldsc
August 9th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Although I would not bring any tape, Gorilla tape is way better than duct tape.

DON

UPCrawfish
August 10th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Only a fellow TIGER could come up with that!!!! I see you are in Omaha...going to the game???

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!! :D

GWTWLady..
Sorry for the late reply....
Would have loved to make any of the games - BUT - My summer work prevented that. Being a Summer Camp Director for the Boy Scouts runs from May 31 to Aug 10 and just could not get away.

SailNC
August 11th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Folks, we buy brightly colored duct tape, and tape a pattern on our suitcases/bags, etc. So when disembarking they are easy to find, snatch, and get in line for customs...think about it!;)

-Sandy-