Ncl gem transportation to airport-nyc

Parrot Mom

Does NCL offer limo/bus transfer to airport from their pier to the airport? Also, would we be able to book a noon flight at JFK or is that pushing it.. we would be arriving on a Friday in December. We are cruising trans-atlantic from Barcelona...

Are you willing to self disembark, be up early and ready to haul off all your own luggage?? Only way I would consider this flight time. JFK is a big airport, depending on your terminal, with cruise transfers, you can be all the way there, and still have 30 minutes until you get to your terminal, due to off loading other passengers. Consider just taking a cab direct and getting off your ship early.

Are you willing to self disembark, be up early and ready to haul off all your own luggage?? Only way I would consider this flight time. JFK is a big airport, depending on your terminal, with cruise transfers, you can be all the way there, and still have 30 minutes until you get to your terminal, due to off loading other passengers. Consider just taking a cab direct and getting off your ship early.

Budget Queen..there is no way that we would do this with six pieces of luggage..lol.. thanks for the info...Going to call NCL and see if they offer transfers to the airport...

Budget Queen..there is no way that we would do this with six pieces of luggage..lol.. thanks for the info...Going to call NCL and see if they offer transfers to the airport...

You may want to consider it or arrange for a car service. No NCL transfer to JFK only to LGA. Many of the NYC cabs are now mini vans.

Our last excursion in December was from Bayonne, N.J... and it was one of those impossible ports where you couldn't get here from there..lol. We rented a little suv..otherwise and I swear to this.. airport from Newark was $300.00 each one way..lol

Our last excursion in December was from Bayonne, N.J... and it was one of those impossible ports where you couldn't get here from there..lol. We rented a little suv..otherwise and I swear to this.. airport from Newark was $300.00 each one way..lol

Have you considered Amtrak?

Penn Station is only a short cab ride from the pier and in the amount of time is would take to travel to JFK, check-in, do the security thing, flight, baggage, etc. you could be well on your way and for a good/better price.

Howard

Have you considered Amtrak?

Penn Station is only a short cab ride from the pier and in the amount of time is would take to travel to JFK, check-in, do the security thing, flight, baggage, etc. you could be well on your way and for a good/better price.

Howard

YES, I am...you have no idea how I hate going through Security at the airport and the TSA bit Are they really strict with baggage weight? Do we have to make reservations way ahead of time? Parrot Pop will be traveling through the airport/Penn Station by wheel chair.

You should consider using Newark Airport (EWR)instead of JFK if you are coming into or departing from the West Side piers. It's hard for people who don't know the area to believe but it's a MUCH shorter trip, even with traffic jams. The pier is on East bank of the Hudson (that US Air flight water-landed right in front of it) and EWR is on the West bank. Even the train service from EWR to Manhattan is far superior to that from JFK.

We now will only use JFK if there's not EWR flights or we have to stop somewhere to EWR, but can get non-stop to JFK. Of course, we live in NJ, too. Continental's US hub is at Newark so they fly EVERYWHERE from here.

YES, I am...you have no idea how I hate going through Security at the airport and the TSA bit Are they really strict with baggage weight? Do we have to make reservations way ahead of time? Parrot Pop will be traveling through the airport/Penn Station by wheel chair.

You can reserve online at Amtrak.com - but you don't have to be looking as far in advance as you do with the airlines...though I like checking things as far in advance as possible to get a good idea of the cost and to be able to begin bargain hunting if/when sales come along.

Penn Station has elevators and is fully accessible for those requiring it.

Good luck.

Howard

To answer your original question as to whether NCL offers a pier to JFK transfer, I would think they would be the ones to ask.

Disembarkation is always subject to some kinds of delays, and your cruise was international, so customs and immigration are involved. On my own TA from Dover to NYC, it went very smoothly and I was at the curb less than an hour from the time they began disembarking passengers, but this can not be counted upon every time.

If you have six pieces of luggage, taking the LIRR to the Jamaica station and then getting on the express link to JFK terminals would be a lot of work, but not very expensive. The toughest part is getting on and off the LIRR train. If your JFK flight is domestic, they still want you there by 11AM.

With virtually every airline in the world losing money, ask yourself whether you THINK they are going to turn a blind eye to overweight luggage, especially six pieces of it. Happy Landings.

If you have six pieces of luggage, taking the LIRR to the Jamaica station and then getting on the express link to JFK terminals would be a lot of work, but not very expensive. The toughest part is getting on and off the LIRR train. If your JFK flight is domestic, they still want you there by 11AM.

If someone is going to Penn Station to catch LIRR, it would just be easier/cheaper to get on Amtrak instead and then get off at the final destination instead of then having to switch at Jamaica, then on top of it deal with all the airline stuff.

The original poster's profile says MA - between all the hassles and local commuting in NYC and then the flight, they could probably be arriving on Amtrak at about the same time as the airline. That's just my view.

Howard

From the NYC Taxi and Limousine Commision:

Flat Fare from John F. Kennedy (JFK) Airport:

For trips between (to and from) Manhattan and JFK International Airport, the flat fare is $45.00 plus any tolls using Rate Code 2 on the meter. Surcharges will not be added.

If passengers request multiple stops, the flat rate of $45.00 will be collected at the first stop in either Manhattan or JFK International Airport, and the meter will be activated at Rate Code 1 (standard city rate) for the remainder of the trip. The metered fare should be collected at the last stop, from the last passenger.

All trips between JFK International Airport and New York City destinations other than Manhattan will use that standard metered rate.

Hope this helps.

Few suggestions:

If you are trying to make good time - do NOT use cruiseline transfers. They take more time as you wait for others, baggage, etc. Just grab a cab and go.

As to six bags - not to tell anyone what to do, but many people are able to take 2 week vacations with 1-2 bags each. Mix and match. Skip on dress clothes. Reduce number of shoes, etc. You will see lots of people walk off with one good size roller bag and one bag strapped to that one.

With all the input from the good folks at CC.. I have discovered that LaGuardia is closer to the pier and a flight there is only a bit over an hour to Boston...The bus which we had taken before only goes to Providence and with several stops (we used it before) will take forever. After being away from home for more than two weeks...will be "antsy" to get home ASAP..

Archived