PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Ship Tours: Would You Pay To Go Behind the Scenes?

LauraS
April 18th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Cruise Critic has just posted the following news:

Cruise Ship Tours: Would You Pay To Go Behind the Scenes?

Read the entire news article... (http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3181)

Goldryder
April 18th, 2009, 11:35 AM
I wouldn't pay for it when I can go on the bridge for free, like I did in 2006 aboard NCL's Norwegian Crown as we left Puerto Madryn in Argentina. I also arranged for the two dance hosts to go up there with me too. It was a case of 'if you don't ask, you won't get'...I had been chatting with the safety officer on board as we visited Port Stanley, we both lost friends during the Falklands conflict - he was in the Royal Navy aboard HMS Ardent in the conflict and I lost friends aboard HMS Sheffield & Atlantic Conveyor. I asked him if it would be OK to go on the bridge in light of 9/11, he said he would see what he could do and he came back to me the day after and officially invited me to the bridge where I spent a very enjoyable hour.

In 2007 I was on the bridge of Fred Olsen's Braemar during her transatlantic crossing back to the UK. Again, I just asked the question to the right person and it was made possible by the head receptionist & the hotel director who was at my table on formal nights.

Even after 9/11 you can get up onto the bridge if you ask the right person and in the right manner.

JEndicott
April 20th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I'd probably pay for it...just for the experience for my kids. I think it would be cool for the ship to allow passengers to sign up and learn things from the food service staff. Things like Ice Carving.....Fruit Sculptures....Sushi preparation....things like that.

Jeff