PDA

View Full Version : Independence of the Seas to Sail Year-Round from U.K.

LauraS
April 23rd, 2009, 02:00 PM
Cruise Critic has just posted the following news:

Independence of the Seas to Sail Year-Round from U.K.

Read the entire news article... (http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3189)

scrozuk
April 25th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Being a resident of Southampton, this is great news for the city, and a much welcome shot in the arm..

Would have been nice though if we could have had a few more of the smaller ships sail from Southampton, like Brilliance, Legend, et al. We're also due to get Voyager this year.

Having sailed on Independence last year, I vowed never to go on such a boat again at the time of year we did in August. Found the boat far too crowded and congested, with other passengers behaviour leaving much to be desired.

Also, there were several accidents on the boat, a couple involving the Flowrider, though always appreciate that on a ship that holds 4000 passengers, the statistics of 5-10 accidents onboard isn't bad. But always a measure of a company is how well they admit their mistakes and learn from them, and don't feel that RCCI haven't.

If the right cruise came up in the future, then I would sail again on either Indy/Liberty/Freedom, but wouldn't put it on my 'must cruise' list.

Scrozuk