PDA

View Full Version : need help with underwater camera

sthrnbll
May 16th, 2009, 06:23 PM
any suggestions on where to buy a not so expersive underwater camera? not disposable? I already have a nice digital so I dont really want to spend a whole lot on an underwater but may want to change my mind about the disposables.

April-in-NC
May 16th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I just bought the Olympus Stylus 850 SW on Amazon for $160 + shipping. I took it with me on the jet skis in Coco Cay and the dolphin swim in Nassau. It works great! I haven't realy tried out the underwater features (snorkeling, etc.) but the waterproof part works great!

I have a DSLR and I was VERY impressed by some of the features of this pocketsize camera.

calgarygary
May 16th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Olympus has a store on eBay where they sell old models and reconditioned cameras - you should check it out.

compulady
May 16th, 2009, 09:45 PM
This one is just out! Canon PowerShot D10 12.1 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD I have one coming on Monday.

snowbird1
May 16th, 2009, 11:12 PM
I just bought the Olympus Stylus 850 SW on Amazon for $160 + shipping. I took it with me on the jet skis in Coco Cay and the dolphin swim in Nassau. It works great! I haven't realy tried out the underwater features (snorkeling, etc.) but the waterproof part works great!

I have a DSLR and I was VERY impressed by some of the features of this pocketsize camera.

Sam's club is running this for about $158.00 right now as well and I think it includes the floatable strap. You may want to ck that if you are a Sam's member.