PDA

View Full Version : Best Ships for Cruisers With Disabilities

LauraS
June 1st, 2009, 04:30 PM
Check out this brand-new feature article from Cruise Critic:

Best Ships for Cruisers With Disabilities (http://www.cruisecritic.com/features/articles.cfm?ID=105)

florrie135
June 10th, 2009, 03:25 PM
I found Independence of the seas, less accessable than Jewel of the seas.
The Jewel s accessable cabin had an automatic door, not so on Independence.The door to cabin was heavy and there was a raised metal strip to be got over
very few unisex toilets on Independence. at least 3 on every public deck on the Jewel
This meant long walks back to cabin at frequent intervals, AS the carer I was very tired from this constant walking and pulling wheelchair into the cabin while holding door open.
these are little things but really cruical to a disabled person and their carers.

hga97
January 6th, 2010, 11:55 AM
We had the worst vacation of our lives when taking our mentally and physically disabled daughter with us on the Carnival Pride this last summer.
We took our issues to the help desk and they treated us like we had a disease. My daughter had a terribl;e time and thus so duid we all.

PLEASE NO NOT TRAVEL WITH THEM IOF YOU HAVE DISABILITIES. THEY DO NOT DESERVE YOUR BUSINESS AND WILL NOT ACCOMODATE YOU WELL.

Royal Caribbean was perfect in every way when we travelled on the Freedom of the Seas. This is the ship I highly recommend for families with disabled members.