Carnival Valor Captain suites

cruise1814

On the carnival Valor deck plans it shows that the captain suites have a balcony. But the pics I have seen of the ship after drydock it does not look like they have balcony's. It looks like they are completely enclosed in glass. has anyone stayed in them yet or have any pics you can share ??

Also I have checked almost every sailing date on the Carnival Liberty Not Valor and the CS are never available do you have to have a min number of guest or call Carnival direct???

Thanks in advance

On the carnival Valor deck plans it shows that the captain suites have a balcony. But the pics I have seen of the ship after drydock it does not look like they have balcony's. It looks like they are completely enclosed in glass. has anyone stayed in them yet or have any pics you can share ??

Also I have checked almost every sailing date on the Carnival Liberty Not Valor and the CS are never available do you have to have a min number of guest or call Carnival direct???

Thanks in advance

Call Carnival for them.

If they are like the CSs on the Liberty the deck only has glass forward and to the side for wind deflection. See this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgDYKZIFt7M. The deck is over the bridge wings.

I stayed in one. There were only two of us.

Call Carnival for them.

If they are like the CSs on the Liberty the deck only has glass forward and to the side for wind deflection. See this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgDYKZIFt7M. The deck is over the bridge wings.

I stayed in one. There were only two of us.

Thanks for the video. I think I will have to choose the Liberty for the CS. I just found a pic of the Valor and it looks like there is Glass in the front and a little bit on the sides I know it for the wind but it looks too enclosed. Guess I can wait until someone post pics dont want to jump to conclusions;)

Here is the link to the photo click original size and look at the bridge

Carnival Valor; Belize ~ Mexico

Thanks for the video. I think I will have to choose the Liberty for the CS. I just found a pic of the Valor and it looks like there is Glass in the front and a little bit on the sides I know it for the wind but it looks too enclosed. Guess I can wait until someone post pics dont want to jump to conclusions;)

Here is the link to the photo click original size and look at the bridge

Carnival Valor; Belize ~ Mexico

I'm pretty sure that's not closed-in. You can see the brown wood railing at the same height as the regular balconies on that deck. I think it's the same as the Liberty.

Edit: Looking again, they may have raised the glass height at the front of the deck to keep wind down further. The deck was very usable on the Liberty but still prone to wind at the outer edge and rear when it was particularly windy weather. But I don't think they have enclosed it.

Carnival improved the balcony for the Captain's Suite (CS) on the Valor. I have stayed in the Captain's Suite on Liberty, and the balcony is huge. The downside is it is over the bridge wing and there is a public deck above. So many people look down on your balcony and ask questions, such as how do they get to our balcony. You get to talk to many interesting people, but have zero privacy.

The picture of the Valor shows that Carnival has solved this problem by extending the public deck above over the CS balcony. Besides giving privacy, this will give shade to the CS balcony - which is 100% sun on the Liberty.

Archived