Is it worth renting golf carts...

dis2cruise

The island is so small, you can go all around it in a couple of hours. I think we had ours out for about three-1/2 hours, but that included several stops, including about 1/2 hr at Governor's Beach, a stop at the lighthouse, lots of photo ops, etc. I feel confident you will have enough daylight hours.

True, there isn't tons of attractions to see, but the fun part is that YOU are in control..........go where you want, peek into every nook and cranny of the island. We had a great time with ours!

Keep in mind also that you're further south, so you get a lot closer to a 12 hour day year round, so it might not be as bad as you're used to depending on where you live. Somewhere on the internet I'm sure you can find a site that will tell you sunrise and sunset for when you'll be there. (Hmm, looks like sunset is about 5pm for all of December, for a 10 hour 50 minute day. Makes their day about 1 hour 40 minutes longer than what I'll be getting that time of year.)

(For me in the summer it's always something of a shock at how early the sun sets down in the Caribbean compared to what we get here in Michigan. Course, they're also going to get more daylight than we do in winter.)

We are also thinking of renting a golf cart. We've been there before and yes even though there isn't much to see we are looking forward to driving around in the golf carts. Just hope the weather cooperates with us.

The island is so small, you can go all around it in a couple of hours. I think we had ours out for about three-1/2 hours, but that included several stops, including about 1/2 hr at Governor's Beach, a stop at the lighthouse, lots of photo ops, etc. I feel confident you will have enough daylight hours.

True, there isn't tons of attractions to see, but the fun part is that YOU are in control..........go where you want, peek into every nook and cranny of the island. We had a great time with ours!

Glad you had a great time. We are thinking of renting a cart and am wondering if you can drive into downtown as well or just restricted to the part of the island where the lighthouse is etc. We would like to see Conch World on our own and it is located downtown.

We will be there in December as well.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Yes, it is worth it. You can explore the whole island (about 7.5 miles long), stop where you want. There is not a lot of traffic, so it is pretty safe ............or..................you could just sit in a chair at Margarittaville and not see anything.

• 2 weeks later...

zThe golf carts are a blast.We did the tour in about 3 hours and that included stopping downtown or what they call downtown.next time I will do the carts again as the lighthouse ws a blast.We will stop at jacks shack for a few then return the cart.Well worth the 75 bucks.

I saw one post where someone reserved a golf cart in advance. Is this necessary, or do you just rent it when you get off of the ship? This sounds fun for the day...

I guess if you want to take a chance and not book ahead of time.

I think most people book ahead of time to make sure they get one.

I don't think he has that many of them, I think I read 8 or so.

I have also read that if the ship does not make port Nathan refunds your credit card for the golf cart.

I will be reserving one for April:D

OK, it sounds like we should reserve our golf cart ahead of time. Maybe I missed something - but could someone please post the contact information for Nathan and how to reserve. Thanks so much!

Check out this CruiseCritic Thread which contains Contact Info ;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1098229&highlight=nathans

Archived