Pictures/review of PS C750 on Crown Princess

tbill

Hi, I will be sailing on the 11/4 voyage on the Crown Princess. If anyone has any reivews and/or pictures of the suite I would really appreciate it if you would post. Also we are interested in the UBD & UBB..can anyone give me some feed back...is it worth the extra price?..I have seen the dinner menu and it looks good, but is the food hot, fresh, etc when they serve it??..TIA for your help!! :)

We did the breakfast on the Caribbean last year and plan to do it again on the Crown this year. It was wonderful and such a treat to be able to eat it out on the verandah. We did make the mistake last year of having it on a day when we were in port. Since we were in port the ship wasn't moving and our balcony was in the sun - hence we baked out there. It was way too hot so this year we are going to be sure to have it on a sea day when we'll get a breeze.

You get champagne, juice, coffee, tea. Then there is a huge selection of breads - more than two people can eat in one sitting. You get a nice fruit bowl/salad. There is a salmon course with capers, etc and finally a quiche entrée. It was all very good and did arrive at the proper temps but it all does come at once. The dinner is served course by course.

Hi, I will be sailing on the 11/4 voyage on the Crown Princess. If anyone has any reivews and/or pictures of the suite I would really appreciate it if you would post. Also we are interested in the UBD & UBB..can anyone give me some feed back...is it worth the extra price?..I have seen the dinner menu and it looks good, but is the food hot, fresh, etc when they serve it??..TIA for your help!! :)

tbill, we'll be your neighbors on this cruise!

If you do a search on the Caribbean Princess the suites look like they're exactly the same.

I wouldn't bother doing the UBB as you can order up a full breakfast on your own as you're in a suite, you just won't get a table cloth or champagne.If you want the champagne, pick it up in San Juan and bring it onboard or just order it from room service when you order your breakfast. The dinner on the other hand it different as they'll stay and serve your the courses.

Awesome pictures!..thanks so much.

Thanks to everyone for your replies...I am looking forward to relaxing on my balcony, and thanks cjskids..we plan to have breakfast on the balcony each morning. It is one of our favorite things on a cruise.

We really did enjoy the cabin...i shared it with my mom; she slept on the bed and i had the sofabed...it was actually very comfortable! It was nice because the curtain divided the room so we did not disturb each other. I loved the bathroom..with the separate shower/bath area....and the best feature of all had to be the wonderful balcony....

it was great to get the next days menus each evening...there were a couple of occasions where we ordered appetizers from the dining room menus to have with cocktails before going to dinner at the specialty restaurants.

i took advantage of the complementary laundry/drycleaning service and brought home mostly clean clothes! that was great :p

i'd be happy to answer any other q's if you have them.....

jane

Thanks Jane for the reply. We were in a penthouse suite on the Star in March and loved all the perks. Boys, we spent so much time out on the balcony, it was heaven.

I have never sailed in the back of the ship before and I'm happy to hear how much you enjoyed it. I've heard others say that you may hear the air conditioning vent that is between the two inside suites, did you find this to be the case? How about vibration on the back, did you find it bothersome?

P.S. How's Islip today?? Up until 7 years ago we lived in West Islip!

cjskids: i do love the aft...such a beautiful vantage point....

as far as the vent goes....on Aloha deck it was right next to our balcony...did i hear it?....yes for sure...it was even a little windy when you stood next to the railing near it...but the balcony is SO large you don't have to stand right next to it!:p It was really not a big deal...don't sweat it at all! My friend was one deck below me and she really didn't notice it at all..........

As far as the vibration....i only felt it when going in/out of port...that's understandable...and loud..and i did feel a lot of movement...but when i felt movement it was anywhere i was in the ship...not just the aft, maybe a little more noticeable...and nothing close to causing any kind of motion sickness....just a ship riding the waves...fun!

As far as Islip goes.......overcast and chilly! not what i expect at the end of august! i'd rather have your weather! I grew up in west islip....did you live there long? I grad. HS in '78.....small world:)

have a fun day...

jane

cjskids: i do love the aft...such a beautiful vantage point....

as far as the vent goes....on Aloha deck it was right next to our balcony...did i hear it?....yes for sure...it was even a little windy when you stood next to the railing near it...but the balcony is SO large you don't have to stand right next to it!:p It was really not a big deal...don't sweat it at all! My friend was one deck below me and she really didn't notice it at all..........

As far as the vibration....i only felt it when going in/out of port...that's understandable...and loud..and i did feel a lot of movement...but when i felt movement it was anywhere i was in the ship...not just the aft, maybe a little more noticeable...and nothing close to causing any kind of motion sickness....just a ship riding the waves...fun!

As far as Islip goes.......overcast and chilly! not what i expect at the end of august! i'd rather have your weather! I grew up in west islip....did you live there long? I grad. HS in '78.....small world:)

have a fun day...

jane

I grew up in Bayport, graduated there in '80.

My husband and I lived in West Islip from 1988 until 1999. We belonged to the Babylon Yacht Club there too, boy do I miss that!

It's hot down here, a cool off sounds good to me.

It is a small world!

Thanks for your help. We're in C749 and my husband is so excited about the view from the aft. Sounds like he's going to be thrilled.

Enjoy your labor day weekend.

Carolyn

Archived