Newbies Needing Advice

acdc8264

Good Morning All!

I am new to this forum and just wanted to thank everyone for your great "play by play" reviews. I love the detail and time that you all have put into them. It has been so helpful to us.

We found out about SeaDream from some friends last July and they made it sound so fabulous that I have been researching since then and really have my heart set on going. We will be celebrating our anniversary and are looking into doing the April 11th SDII cruise.

I have read a few blogs where people have had issues with seasickness during this type of year which has made me very nervous about booking in April. This issue is mainly one I have as I have been on previous cruises(massive ships) and have at times felt pretty sick. The last thing I want (or my husband wants) is for me to be nautious and popping seasick pills the whole time and sleeping through our vacation.

I guess this question is for all of you seasoned SeaDreamers...Should we press forward and book for April or should we wait until a different time of year when seasickness won't be an issue???

Please help!

Welcome to the boards.

Seasickness can be a problem, but there are plenty of medications that can take care of it. I always use Bonine, and typically have the patch with me. Both are available from the medicla staff on board, adn if it gets really bad the MD will be happy to use the injection. Sleep a couple of hours and you are good to go.

Don't let the fear of being seasick keep you off of SD, there are too many ways to combat it to avoid the crusie.

Welcome to our happy little corner of CC:D

I agree with zqvol that you shouldn't let the thought of seasickness deter you from sailing on SD. Mother Ocean and Mother Nature have minds of their own so there is no hard fast rule in terms of the waters in the Caribbean being one month/week than another.

Luckily I don't suffer from seasickness but I heed the captain's advice when he suggests seeing the concierge about those magic pills.

Other homeopathic methods that I have found to work for DJ's DH are ginger ale, ginger tea and ginger candy.

Archived