Vancouver Hotel with Transfer

I need to find a hotel that has shuttle service to the Cruise Port and from the airport. I am not sure where the cruise port is from the Airport. I don't want to spend a lot as I am traveling by myself. I will be flying in on the night before the ship sails.

Thank you

The airport is located in Richmond BC - about a 35 minute taxi ride to the downtown area - there are no free shuttles from the airport to downtown Vancouver so you will have to either take a taxi or use our Canada Line which is part of our rapid transit system.

Our downtown is quite small in area and compact - there are two hotels that I know that shuttle to the Port - the Best Western on Drake and the Hampton Inn both provise that service - both are close to restaurants etc. The Best Western has a White Spot http://www.whitespot.ca located on the premises.

A taxi from most downtown hotels will run between $10 - $15

Stay downtown - you are much closer to the sites - Stanley Park, Gastown, Chinatown etc.

I am sure that some of the other locals will be along with there thoughts as well.

Enjoy Vancouver and enjoy your cruise

Cheers

Dennis

I need to find a hotel that has shuttle service to the Cruise Port and from the airport. I am not sure where the cruise port is from the Airport. I don't want to spend a lot as I am traveling by myself. I will be flying in on the night before the ship sails.

Thank you

I doubt you'll find a hotel with free transfers, and in most cases it would be a false economy. The airport is a fair distance (20-30 minutes) south of downtown; but the cruise terminal is right in the centre of downtown.

If you're looking to save money, there's an excellent subway that runs pretty much direct between the two from airport to Waterfront station (3 blocks from Canada Place cruise terminal). Getting a hotel along that line would make your transfers pretty straight forward.

If you can't find something right downtown in the price range you're looking for, there are some airport hotels; plus the area near cityhall (Broadway&Cambie) which is about 3/4 of the way from airport to downtown where you'll be able to find a hotel at slightly less than downtown prices.

Thank you

Depending on what time you arrive, I would recommend staying in a hotel close to the airport. Most of them provide free shuttle services to/from the airport. If you stay in one near the city center of Richmond (as someone pointed out, the airport is in Richmond), you could walk to the Canada Line the next morning. It will take you right down to waterfront station (last stop). From there it is just a couple block walk to the port.

To my knowledge there are no downtown hotels offering free transfers from the airport to downtown. The hotels offering free shuttles from hotel to pier include the Best Western Downtown on Drake St., the Hampton Inn on Robson St. and the Executive Vintage Park Inn on Howe St. However given that most hotels are less than a $10 fare from hotel to Canada Place I would focus on the hotel first and the free shuttle secondly. Failing that, Teedy has provided some excellent advice above.

Archived