Buying wine in Alaska

tigerdadky

We bought 2 bottles in Ketchikan (our first port). I was a little unsure if they'd let us bring them on board but they saw them and said nothing (Carnival Spirit). We then bought 2 more bottles in Sitka. You'll be able to find a liquor store in Juneau, not sure about Skagway though..

Nothing better than having a few glasses of wine while sitting on your balcony enjoying the sites..

We bought 2 bottles in Ketchikan (our first port). I was a little unsure if they'd let us bring them on board but they saw them and said nothing (Carnival Spirit). We then bought 2 more bottles in Sitka. You'll be able to find a liquor store in Juneau, not sure about Skagway though..

Nothing better than having a few glasses of wine while sitting on your balcony enjoying the sites..

Did you bring along your own corkscrew too?

No corkscrew. I just used a pen and punched the cork down into the bottle. Got a few little pieces of cork that broke off but just picked them out of our glasses. Not a huge deal, worked for us. Like I said, nothing better than sitting on your balcony with a few glasses of wine before you head out for the night...

Id love to have a bottle of wine everynite on our cruise and dont want to have to bring it all onboard on embarktation, is there places in Ketchican, Skagway and Juneau where I can buy some wine.

Be aware that if you are on Royal Caribbean, they won't let you bring wine aboard. :(

Be aware that if you are on Royal Caribbean, they won't let you bring wine aboard. :(

Hmmm. This is a bummer. Curious though, do they really "check" - like search a large purse?? Or will they just object if they see you actually holding the bottle?? Never sailed them before but we are sailing June 6th. Princess didn't bother us.

Hmmm. This is a bummer. Curious though, do they really "check" - like search a large purse?? Or will they just object if they see you actually holding the bottle?? Never sailed them before but we are sailing June 6th. Princess didn't bother us.

The large purse gets x-rayed each time you get back on board. They can "see" it without opening the purse. What they do when they "see" it remains to be seen.:p

Archived