Closest Hertz Car Rental Drop Off to Terminal 18 Port Everglades please

Miamia65

Hello CCers

We are an Australian family travelling in December this year. We are flying from Australia to Orlando, then we are planning to drive from the WDW area in Orlando to Ft Lauderdale for B2B cruises on Oasis of the Seas.

Can you please help me out by advising of the closest or best car rental drop off to the terminal? Preferably one that also has a shuttle from the car rental depot to terminal 18 (Oasis of the Seas). Or alternate option to get to the terminal?

Thanks in advance.

Hello CCers

We are an Australian family travelling in December this year. We are flying from Australia to Orlando, then we are planning to drive from the WDW area in Orlando to Ft Lauderdale for B2B cruises on Oasis of the Seas.

Can you please help me out by advising of the closest or best car rental drop off to the terminal? Preferably one that also has a shuttle from the car rental depot to terminal 18 (Oasis of the Seas). Or alternate option to get to the terminal?

Thanks in advance.

The Hertz drop off for Port Everglades is their Crown Plaza HLE location. They run a shuttle to all the cruise ships from that office. The car return is inside the parking structure of the hotel, on the top floor.

A couple of rental companies use the FLL car rental terminal for their Port Everglades drop off. Other companies use other offices near the port. I believe they all offer shuttles to cruise ships.

Really 66 views and not one reply !!!! Anybody ????

Wow! A little impatient are we?

You first posted at 2:43 AM Ft Lauderdale time and people from all over the world view this board but probably don't know the answer so chill and some of us time to pour our first cup of coffee.

Wow! A little impatient are we?

You first posted at 2:43 AM Ft Lauderdale time and people from all over the world view this board but probably don't know the answer so chill and some of us time to pour our first cup of coffee.

My intention wasn't to come across as impatient. I was surprised that 66 people had reviewed the post and there were no replies.

It is very easy for posts to be pushed down the thread and never be answered so it was really just my way of 'bumping' it back to the top of the list. Thanks for your reply.

i use alamo as i use the discount rate (from the brit guide to orlando)...

alamo uses the central car rental facility at FLL (ft lauderdale airport)..

when you rent, be sure that you have the collision damage waiver...

american drivers don't usually need it since their regular car insurance covers them..

but foreign drivers do need it...

with alamo, if you indicate where you live, they usually automatically include it in the rate (but check to be sure)..

We usually fly into Orlando from the UK for a few days pre-cruise. Our preferred car rental drop off is the airport (FLL) because it's very easy to access from the Florida Turnpike. There used to be a free shuttle bus from the car rental facility to the port but it was discontinued a couple of years ago. We usually get a cab to the port (about $15) but on a couple of occasions the car rental company has taken us. Nothing wrong with asking!

I am thinking of using Hertz and will drop the car off at the FLL airport & get a cab to the Port- is the Hertz Rental returns well sign posted & relatively easy to find. The only reason I ask is that the last time we hired a car we dropped it off at Miami Airport & it was a nightmare to find as the Airport is like a building site.

Thanks

The rental return at FLL is very well signed from all directions. The only thing to watch is that as you approach the rental car return you need to be in the left hand lane as the exit into the parking garage seems be on you very quickly.

I am thinking of using Hertz and will drop the car off at the FLL airport & get a cab to the Port- is the Hertz Rental returns well sign posted & relatively easy to find. The only reason I ask is that the last time we hired a car we dropped it off at Miami Airport & it was a nightmare to find as the Airport is like a building site.

Thanks

Very well signed. Stay in the left lane on the approach ramp to the terminals as the rental terminal exits left. At the corner of the car rental terminal (north east corner) turn left and drive into the building, the road goes along the east side of the building. Turn right and proceed along the south side almost to the end. The Hertz return is on the right, you'll be directed into one of a number of parallel lanes of cars being returned. Once you've been checked out you'll have to walk through the terminal to the entrance doors along the north side of the terminal. I don't know if you can get a taxi out front of the car rental terminal, but one can certainly take the shuttle to a terminal and get a cab from there.

There are no gas stations on the approaches to the airport. If you will need to fill up before dropping off the car I'd suggest figuring out where you are going to do this before starting the trip.

The Hertz Crown Plaza HLE location is a few blocks from the cruise ships and is the designated return location if you want to use the Hertz no charge shuttle to your ship. I generally drop off my companions at the ship then return the car and take the shuttle back. The location is easy to get to. It's on the north west corner of Highway 1/1A & SE 24th Street.

The Hertz drop off for Port Everglades is their Crown Plaza HLE location. They run a shuttle to all the cruise ships from that office. The car return is inside the parking structure of the hotel, on the top floor.

A couple of rental companies use the FLL car rental terminal for their Port Everglades drop off. Other companies use other offices near the port. I believe they all offer shuttles to cruise ships.

thanks for this - i just input this into mapquest - from disney world to the crown plaza and it seems really easy...

i'm reconsidering my use of alamo for this trip...

i just priced hertz and it's only a bit more for the same size car (minivan), so i may go with hertz...

at which port does the allure dock?

i've never been to port everglades, so i don't know what i'm looking at on mapquest...

thanks for this - i just input this into mapquest - from disney world to the crown plaza and it seems really easy...

i'm reconsidering my use of alamo for this trip...

i just priced hertz and it's only a bit more for the same size car (minivan), so i may go with hertz...

at which port does the allure dock?

i've never been to port everglades, so i don't know what i'm looking at on mapquest...

The current Google Maps satellite view shows either Oasis or Allure in dock, see https://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=213696368617390101258.0004db708c92ca155d554&msa=0&ll=26.088142,-80.118656&spn=0.016188,0.017874

Hello CCers

Thanks in advance.

For Hertz they drop you off at Crowne Plaza 455 State Road 84. From there a free shuttle will take you to the terminal - a 6 or 7 minute drive. We did this this year.

For Hertz they drop you off at Crowne Plaza 455 State Road 84. From there a free shuttle will take you to the terminal - a 6 or 7 minute drive. We did this this year.

thanks nbsjcruiser

Archived