Noordam Penthouse Coffee Maker Question

Bailey0930

I will be staying in the Penthouse on the Noordam and am wondering if they have a Cappuccino type machine or is it a regular coffee maker in the room?? I love my Cappuccino's, not a regular coffee drinker. If not do they have them in the Neptune lounge? Thanks :)

I will be staying in the Penthouse on the Noordam and am wondering if they have a Cappuccino type machine or is it a regular coffee maker in the room?? I love my Cappuccino's, not a regular coffee drinker. If not do they have them in the Neptune lounge? Thanks :)

I wish I could answer your question but all I know is the last few Penthouse we've stayed in there was no coffee makers.

coffee makers in any penthouse I have seen (mostly cabin crawls) are standard coffee makers - but the coffee they make can be good;)

definitely the Neptune Lounge coffee makers can do the coffees you want:):)

The last time we stayed in PS, there was no coffee maker.

Neptune Lounge has fabulous coffee machine with espresso, latte, cappucino....

It's a short walk. :)

Can't speak for Noordam, but Eurodam had a regular coffee maker and some coffee from Buekenhorst (sp?) which is the same coffee in the DR and Lido. And best of all, you control how strong or weak it is :) There was also a full selection of teas in the penthouse and a different kind of tea in several varieties in the Neptune Lounge. Cappuccinos, lattes and espresso are also right down the hall in the Neptune Lounge.

Can't speak for Noordam, but Eurodam had a regular coffee maker and some coffee from Buekenhorst (sp?) which is the same coffee in the DR and Lido. And best of all, you control how strong or weak it is :) There was also a full selection of teas in the penthouse and a different kind of tea in several varieties in the Neptune Lounge. Cappuccinos, lattes and espresso are also right down the hall in the Neptune Lounge.

Right

The PS has the same tea chest as you see in the dining room and Lido and Neptune Lounge.

no butler/valet to bring you a coffee in a PS on HAL? tsk, tsk. a valet comes with my suite on costa -and it is only the mid-grade suite. i'll be able to get anything 24/7 just by asking :)

Everytime we sailed Celebrity, we had a butler.

Once we had a good one and he was helpful.

Every other time, we tipped him to stay away from us and not come near our door unless we asked for something, which we never did.

We find the combination of excellent cabin stewards and helpful concierges to be far preferable. Works MUCH better for us.

Butlers are more a nuisance IMO than a help.

no butler/valet to bring you a coffee in a PS on HAL? tsk, tsk. a valet comes with my suite on costa -and it is only the mid-grade suite. i'll be able to get anything 24/7 just by asking :)

I'll take the Neptune lounge over a butler/valet any day. that's like waiting for room service for me. When I am up, I want my coffee and now;)

You can pretty much get anything you want on HAL 24/7 - no big deal there. sorry, for me the butler isn't something we fancy or enjoy:o

We had a good butler on Celebrity and an outstanding - we still talk about him - butler on Crystal! I had cheese plates, etc. delivered on HAL and found them lacking so I cancelled them and went to Neptune to get snacks.

We have only had regular coffee makers in the Noordam PS. Once it was sitting on the counter top, and the other time it was under the counter. The tea selection if great, and if you don't see what you want, just ask and they will bring it to you. Enjoy the Noordam PS; the Noordam is my favorite ship and you will truly enjoy the PS.

Right

The PS has the same tea chest as you see in the dining room and Lido and Neptune Lounge.

Lido and Dining Room yes, but I've always seen different teas in the Neptune Lounge. Bigelow has some great options, but those in the Neptune were above and beyond even those.

Believe I MAY have saved one of the tea bag wrappers for reference. I'll check and see if that's the case so I can mention what kind.

Lido and Dining Room yes, but I've always seen different teas in the Neptune Lounge. Bigelow has some great options, but those in the Neptune were above and beyond even those.

Believe I MAY have saved one of the tea bag wrappers for reference. I'll check and see if that's the case so I can mention what kind.

So I did a little digging and found it. This is the kind available in the Neptune Lounge. Harney and Sons. This is a pic I found online to show more or less what the individual tea bags look like wrapped. Don't recall if this SPECIFIC one is available on the ships, but it's some really good stuff.

Harney+Green+Tea+with+Mint.jpg

You are most welcome. There should also be sugar and sweetners on the countertop in the pantry area. If there is something that you see in the Neptune Lounge that you would like for your coffee or tea, just ask the Concierge or Cabin Steward, and they will make sure you get what ever you desire. I hope that you enjoy the PS as much as we did. There is also a manual in the cabin that will tell you how to work the lights, which there are many of them, and the drapes as well as the tub in the bath. Of course if you need any help, just ask your Cabin Steward. DH also loved the recliner in the living room area, so relax and enjoy.

Please remind me as I don't remember.....

Are there two tv's in the PS? One in the bedroom area and one in the living area?

Somehow I only recall one.

two - I believe

Thanks again Sage..I was on the Eurodam 2 years ago in a Deluxe Suite and only went in Neptune a few times, we didn't have the greatest concierge and I am the most non picky person but if you asked her anything she acted like you were bothering her. So I was turned off by going in, so hoping for a nice one this time. Can't wait to go, have been on 30+ cruises and this is my second with Holland :)

Archived