Sapphire Princess - formal nights

beshears

I believe:confused: I have it straight, but I want to make sure

If you have been on the Sapphire anytime this year, would you let me know what "two" nights are "formal" nights? I believe someone said Sunday night was the "meet Captain", but I'm not for sure.

Someone also mentiioned about a "deck party or Mexican party?" Do you know anything about that or what night it is held?

Is there a "chocolate" night on this cruise? I haven't read where there is.

We are sailing in a week, so I would like to have some answers.

I believe:confused: I have it straight, but I want to make sure

If you have been on the Sapphire anytime this year, would you let me know what "two" nights are "formal" nights? I believe someone said Sunday night was the "meet Captain", but I'm not for sure.

Someone also mentiioned about a "deck party or Mexican party?" Do you know anything about that or what night it is held?

Is there a "chocolate" night on this cruise? I haven't read where there is.

We are sailing in a week, so I would like to have some answers.

Well, it's been a couple of years since I was on the Mexican Riviera itinerary, but here's what I know. Formal nights will be Sunday and Thursday. On the night that they have the Champagne Waterfall (Sunday?) the Captain will make an address. If you're invited to the Captain's Circle gathering, you'll be able to shake his hand and have a picture taken with him. On our sailing there was a giant buffet poolside on Puerto Vallarta night. No chocolate night that I remember. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for getting back with me, but I'm a little thrown off.

I thought you said Thursday night was formal too? If they have an "outside" deck buffet, is that "after" the dining in the evening dressed up as formal, and then later if a person wants to, they can go for the buffet on the deck. Is that what you are trying to say?

Thanks for getting back with me, but I'm a little thrown off.

I thought you said Thursday night was formal too? If they have an "outside" deck buffet, is that "after" the dining in the evening dressed up as formal, and then later if a person wants to, they can go for the buffet on the deck. Is that what you are trying to say?

Puerto Vallarta port is on Tuesday. Therefore the "outside" deck buffet will not be on Formal Nights.

At the Fiesta Night they do not have a "Chocolate Bar" per say but they do have yummy chocolate covered strawberries and other chocolate desserts as well as more food to eat

than can possibly be consumed. The presentation of all the food was lovely..

Thanks for getting back with me. I didn't want to MISS:( the formal night/s or the deck buffets.

We were getting "excited" as the time is THIS Saturday, but my TA just emailed me and said they are "moving" us from Deck 5 window, to Deck 12 balcony. What a SHOCK for us.:)

Don't worry about missing anything. When you first board, there should be a copy of that day's Patters in your cabin. It will list a schedule as well as other helpful info. Often the first day Patters will also have a summary of what to expect on your cruise (which nights are formal, which shows are on what days), but I guess that depends on your cruise director. Each night, usually while you're at dinner, your cabin steward will leave you a copy of the next day's Patters.

Often passengers will bring a highlighter to emphasize what activities they want to go to.

Archived