Customer Service Problems $99 Promotion

I booked 2 cabins for the Explorer next summer and am eligible for the $99 promotion for booking within 45 days of the itinerary opening date. It is supposed to be credited automatically to each stateroom within 2 weeks of booking. One of my cabins was credited automatically, the other wasn't. After spending approximately an HOUR and a HALF on the phone yesterday on hold with several different people, I was told the credit would finally be applied. Well this morning I found out I was only credited $49.50. This is an error, because even though there is only one person in this cabin, I am paying 200% fare which the promotion states is eligible for the whole $99 credit. I have now been on the phone again for over 1/2 hour this morning and have been transferred to 4 different people in several different departments and was finally referred back to the original department. I was told someone will call me back and it will be taken care of which I hope is the case. The amount of time I have been put on hold and all the phone transfers are really unacceptable. I must have repeated my story to at least 7 or 8 different customer service people because they put me on hold and transfer me to someone else. Check your credits carefully. Thumbs down to RCI customer service.

Sounds like the same old issues..

No one knows anything..

I had to talk to 4 different people,to get someone to confirm our sailing was eligible for the discount.One even told me it was only good on 2007 sailings..

Hope it works out for you.

I booked two cruises May 2nd and have still not received the discount as of yet. Will it just reflect in the balance due or will it show up somewhere on the reservation? We booked for Mariner and Voyager, those do qualify don't they. They are for Oct. 2007 and Jan. 2008. I was also told that it would "show up" in about two weeks but seems that others have already received theirs and I haven't.

I think just about everyone is getting different info on this. I was told, at time of booking that the credit would be automatic in about two weeks.

What sailing will you be on the Voyager? We are going Jan. 13.

I was told just 7 days ago that it would automatically come off of my total and that I had to do nothing further. I booked two cabins on the Freedom for 08/07...one for me and hubby and one for my boys so we saved $200 already.

Also...was told that was only on new bookings for 2007.

Esmerelda

Do you have to tell them when you book, or do they automatically give you the money back?

Why don't they just give everyone $100 off per cabin at the time of booking?

This was never mentioned to me last night and I booked 2 cabins. Is it $99 per cabin or $99 per person. Because I booked 2 cabins with 1 person each and will add the second ones on when I have the other $900 for the deposit

Do you have to tell them when you book, or do they automatically give you the money back?

Why don't they just give everyone $100 off per cabin at the time of booking?

This was never mentioned to me last night and I booked 2 cabins. Is it $99 per cabin or $99 per person. Because I booked 2 cabins with 1 person each and will add the second ones on when I have the other $900 for the deposit

Off topic question. How much did they make you put down for just one person? There were a few other posts about not putting the whole deposit($500) and only putting $100 down but I have been too afraid to try it in fear of them canceling my reservation.

Off topic question. How much did they make you put down for just one person? There were a few other posts about not putting the whole deposit($500) and only putting $100 down but I have been too afraid to try it in fear of them canceling my reservation.

I had to put down $450 for 1 person. So for the 2 cabins it was $900 deposit.

Otherwise for the 4 of us, I would have had to put down $1,800 deposit.

It is a 9 night cruise, so the deposit is $450 per person. OUCH

I booked online monday. My brother booked on the phone with RCI today. He told me he got 100 off on the room. Gave me the email address of the agent who helped him. I sent him an email around 4pm today. Around 7pm I got an adjusted bill with 100 off.

I guess it is all in who you get.

There apparently are 2 different promotions going on. One is $100 off for booking only on May 12 and the other is $99 for booking within 45 days of the itinerary opening. The $99 postcard states that the credit will automatically be deducted from the balance within 2 weeks. It is not taken off at time of booking. I don't know how the $100 promotion works. FYI, I finally did get my appropriate credit, however the customer service person did not call me back as she promised she would.

Is there a special code on the postcard you need to give them?

Is this just for repeat cruisers?

And last, When did RCCL open their reservations for 2007?

The postcard says you must call your TA or RCI certified vacation planner or RCI website and you must have a Crown and Anchor #. It also says the offer is only for use by the recipient and certain restrictions apply such as some sailings or special fares. There is no special code number. The dates the reservations open began on 4/20 to 5/10 depending on the itinerary.

I had to speak to multiple people to get my $99 off too. They apparently confused it with my diamond discount off the Balcony catogory and saw it as two discounts but they finally took off the $99. Dealing with RCL can be challenging because they have as many different answers as they do employees.

The postcard says you must call your TA or RCI certified vacation planner or RCI website and you must have a Crown and Anchor #. It also says the offer is only for use by the recipient and certain restrictions apply such as some sailings or special fares. There is no special code number. The dates the reservations open began on 4/20 to 5/10 depending on the itinerary.

Thanks...That rules me out, I never sailed RCCL before.

There apparently are 2 different promotions going on. One is $100 off for booking only on May 12 and the other is $99 for booking within 45 days of the itinerary opening. The $99 postcard states that the credit will automatically be deducted from the balance within 2 weeks. It is not taken off at time of booking. I don't know how the $100 promotion works. FYI, I finally did get my appropriate credit, however the customer service person did not call me back as she promised she would.
Which pretty much means that it was automatic, as you were told. :)

Which pretty much means that it was automatic, as you were told. :)

No, if you go back and read my first post it was NOT automatically applied within the proper time frame (as per the postcard offer specifications) and the wrong amount was credited when I contacted them.

This kind of thing is why I always use a TA that I trust. Whenever there is a problem, he spends the time to resolve it. We booked the Voyager from Galveston in Jan '08 so if we don't get the $99 credit automatically he will make sure we do. Using a TA costs you nothing (SHOULD cost you nothing) and if you have a good one, you can save yourself a lot of grief!

I phoned back to RCCL customer service after I booked my two cruises for 2007 and was told that ANY new cruise booked for 2007 or 2008 off the new 2007/2008 itinerary will be elig. for the $99.00 credit (per stateroom, not per person as one poster was inquiring about) as long as the cabins were booked within the 45 days after the itineraries opened up. The rep also said that I could expect to see the credit for each stateroom around 2 weeks after the 45 days was up. I don't really care when it shows up...just that it shows up! :D

I booked May 4th for a Dec. 15th 07 cruise. When I booked I was told that the cruise does qualify for the $99.00 credit. I have been checking every day and unable to see my booking info. Finally today both reservations are showing and the credit is there. So hang in there and keep checking.

Archived