Hi PB Tom, Caro,Sally is it too hot there in June?

lahoban

I'm thinking of booking a cruise in the middle of June. How is the weather then? Is it to hot and humid to sit at the beach? We are debating between then and March or April. Which do you think would be better time to come? Thanks for all the info. you guy's are great. Can't wait to sit on your beach.

Le Ann

Caro thinks it's too cold if it isn't at least 85º, and I´m dying of heatstroke anywhere north of that! It's still not too bad in June, but the 4 months after that are disgustingly hot and humid, IMO. Try to book early June if ya can before the kiddies get out of school...have a great vacation!

Tom sure has me pegged! Here I sit in jeans, a tshirt and a heavy sweater! Of course, I was out running around in the jeep already this morning. Boy, I wish I had some hot chocolate!

I would choose the summer because the weather is much nicer in my opinion. I like the heat and Sally is right, there is nothing more refreshing than dipping into the water at the beach. But then again, summer is supposed to be our rainy season. Either time frame you pick, you are guaranteed to have a great time. Raining here is much better than raining at home!

Follow up question on this thread: We're thinking of coming the 2nd week in May -- what is the weather likely to be at that time? The last time we were there in January, and it was cool and cloudy (which was fine with me), but I'm just wondering what May is normally like?

It's incredibly hot in Cozumel in June IMHO as I live in southwest Florida! We were there on a Disney cruise in the first week of June 2003 and it was very hot. We made the mistake of touring the small ruins on the island and the kids in our party were miserable. It was great sitting on the beach at Mr Sanchos, but you did have to spend a lot of the time in the water. We did the same cruise with Disney in January 2004 and enjoyed the weather a lot more. If you're sensitive to the heat or you're not used to it, be careful as it will be very hot and the sun is incredibly strong.

Archived