Money Bar beach hours?

Rottweiler Puppy

My ship gets in at 1 and I see Chananabananakab closes at 4 or 5 depending on the web page. Not much time IMHO

If I went to Money Bar, does anyone know what time I can snorkel up to?

I have snorkeled there before with Omar from the Dune Buggy tours but we were only there for a short while. Nice snorkeling though and I hear its better than Chananawhateverkab

Money bar is open till late as they have dinners, etc....but it is NOT a beach club and snorkeling is still much better at Chankanaab. We did snorkel at the Money bar once, it is not bad but not comparable to the park...hope this helps:)

Thanks. I guess its all perspective on snorkeling though. Some say Chankanaab is better, some say Money Bar.

My main concern is the amount of time. If Chankanaab closes at 4 like I have been seeing its not much time to do anything at all as my ship gets in at 1. Probably wont get to the park until 2 and into the water at 2:30 at best.

Thanks. I guess its all perspective on snorkeling though. Some say Chankanaab is better, some say Money Bar.

My main concern is the amount of time. If Chankanaab closes at 4 like I have been seeing its not much time to do anything at all as my ship gets in at 1. Probably wont get to the park until 2 and into the water at 2:30 at best.

With your hours the Money Bar is your best shore snorkel option. Good luck! :)

With your hours the Money Bar is your best shore snorkel option. Good luck! :)

Thanks. The limited time is killing me but want to make the best of it with not worrying about rushing. If it rains a bit I don't want to lose the little time I have.

Thanks all for the info.

We were just at Money Bar, and I don't really think they have snorkeling hours. They might not serve you drinks- but it is really just a place to hop into an ocean, you don't have to be actually "affiliated" with them to enter, and they certainly don't lifeguard it!

If the sun is up, you can snorkel, suppose you could even if it wasn't, but that doesn't seem like a great idea. (We got there before the bar was opened, and others were already getting out of the water after their first swim. I'd think it works the same after they close- but I think they run into the evening.)

The snorkeling was AMAZING. Even more so if you are confident enough to swim very far from shore (husband did, I didn't...but even close in it was fantastic.)

For the price of a cab ride, and no entry fee- it cannot be beat. I've never seen so many, and such variety of fish.

Maybe 100 yds north of the Money Bar is a public area to enter the water, I saw people getting out of cars and they just went swimming.

Thats where I went on my dune buggy excursion last year. We parked next to the Money Bar.

Snorkeling was decent enough to make me want to check it out again.

We were just at Money Bar, and I don't really think they have snorkeling hours. They might not serve you drinks- but it is really just a place to hop into an ocean, you don't have to be actually "affiliated" with them to enter, and they certainly don't lifeguard it!

If the sun is up, you can snorkel, suppose you could even if it wasn't, but that doesn't seem like a great idea. (We got there before the bar was opened, and others were already getting out of the water after their first swim. I'd think it works the same after they close- but I think they run into the evening.)

The snorkeling was AMAZING. Even more so if you are confident enough to swim very far from shore (husband did, I didn't...but even close in it was fantastic.)

For the price of a cab ride, and no entry fee- it cannot be beat. I've never seen so many, and such variety of fish.

So we can just take a cab to the money bar, and snorkel/use beach for free? If that's the case, that is where we will go, then hop downtown for some shopping.

So we can just take a cab to the money bar, and snorkel/use beach for free? If that's the case, that is where we will go, then hop downtown for some shopping.

Yep. Though it is probably good form to order something. The food is excellent and drinks reasonably priced. We went non-alcoholic, since we don't swim and drink.

I figured on spending about $50 there on food and drink for me and my 2 boys.

That's a reasonable budget. We had 4 smoothies and a giant plate of nachos for $24. Even after skipping breakfast, the nachos were more than enough to keep DH and me filled until dinner. Very large portion.

Coming in on the Imagination - Did I read somewhere the cab ride is about $10 to Money Bar? My cousin is joining me and has never snorkeled is this a good place for a first timer and she 's not that great of a swimmer. I'm assuming Money Bar snorkel gear to rent? Any idea how much? Thank you!

Coming in on the Imagination - Did I read somewhere the cab ride is about $10 to Money Bar? My cousin is joining me and has never snorkeled is this a good place for a first timer and she 's not that great of a swimmer. I'm assuming Money Bar snorkel gear to rent? Any idea how much? Thank you!

Great place to snorkel from the shore - they can rent you gear (including the float vest she should wear) and point you in the right direction or you can take a guided snorkel tour:

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

Taxi to Money Bar is about $10 for 1-4 passengers -- so pair up with some other cruisers and save $$ ;)

Good luck! :)

Do they offer beach massages? Does anyone recall is so, how much they were? I love to get a beach massage when in Cozumel...snorkel a bit and a few drinks. Then we will head out to shop some, not downtown in the ship stores, but in the back streets...always way better deals and can bargain better. Then we will look for someplace to have a nice relaxing authentic lunch. Any thoughts from anyone of a good place to eat?

Do they offer beach massages? Does anyone recall is so, how much they were? I love to get a beach massage when in Cozumel...snorkel a bit and a few drinks. Then we will head out to shop some, not downtown in the ship stores, but in the back streets...always way better deals and can bargain better. Then we will look for someplace to have a nice relaxing authentic lunch. Any thoughts from anyone of a good place to eat?

I don't recall seeing any massage tables, but check out the web site: http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

They do have a massage table- I think it was $30 for 30 minutes, or you could purchase it as part of a snorkeling/food package, which seemed to save you the cost of a drink or two.

We really liked the food at the Money Bar.... not sure what kind of foods are authentic to Quintana Roo though, so I don't know if they were local options or generic Mexican ones. It sure wasn't Tex-Mex though.

Massage - $30 - 30 Minutes / $60 - 60 Minutes. My wife and I got massages after snorkeling all morning and were well worth it. The massage table is set up near the water and has curtains for privacy.

Christmas%2520-%2520Cruise%2520Day%25204%2520034.jpg

Thank you for the info and pic....So excited for my massage....we sail in 3 weeks.

Archived