university studios hotel/info

hollon

Im going to go to univ. std and island of adv. after my cruise, can anyone recommend a good hotel, we have six people in our family? Has anyone stayed at the Floridays Hotel. Seems like a good price/hotel. What about the onsite hotels, wasn't sure if I wanted to spend extra money for onsite since coming off a cruise, but was wondering if the hotels are nice/worth the extra price, Opinions needed soon, thanks so much :)

We were just there last month -- I can tell you to stay away from the Best Western Plus :mad:, but we did have a great experience with the Hyatt just around the corner -- small pool, big rooms, great breakfast and free shuttles to the parks. Good luck! :)

We are planning a Fla vacation for next year that will include a trip to Universal and IofA. After checking out a lot of hotels, we settled on the Enclave just outside the gates of Universal. The hotel is all suites so it has a separate bedroom, kitchen, dining and living area plus a private balcony or patio. We have not stayed here yet but here is the link if you want to check out rates and get info about the hotel.

http://www.enclavesuites.com/

Good luck to you.

:)

We were just there last month -- I can tell you to stay away from the Best Western Plus :mad:, but we did have a great experience with the Hyatt just around the corner -- small pool, big rooms, great breakfast and free shuttles to the parks. Good luck! :)

which hyatt hotel, do you have a street, is it on international drive? does it hold six people - i'll ck - thanks

The only onsite hotel I have stayed at was the Royal Pacific. I would look off site unless you get a really good deal for an on site hotel.

Why? do you think their just not worth the price for just a short stay? I stayed at disney, BUT that was for 7 nights onsite, but we got a great price, I know they are probably expensive, haven't even cked the prices yet. Thanks :)

We liked the Doubletree Universal. It's a $5 cab ride to the parks, across the street from the entrance road. TGIF has an inexpensive breakfast buffet next door and Ale House is a block away for dinner. We got a great rate on hiltonfamilymvp using my free hhonors acct number, about $85/night.

We liked the Doubletree Universal. It's a $5 cab ride to the parks, across the street from the entrance road. TGIF has an inexpensive breakfast buffet next door and Ale House is a block away for dinner. We got a great rate on hiltonfamilymvp using my free hhonors acct number, about $85/night.

Thanks, I'll look them up - so the hotel didn't include breakfast? Have you seen the hotel called "Floridays"? Thanks again :)

which hyatt hotel, do you have a street, is it on international drive? does it hold six people - i'll ck - thanks

Hyatt Place - 5895 Caravan Court. ;) We had a room with two queens and I think there was also a sleeper sofa in the living area we never used, so you could put 6 in there. The hotel was about a 3 minute walk from the intesection leading to Universal, but my family used the free shuttle (while I was stuck in meetings all day :(). Good luck! :)

I also have stayed at the Royal Pacific. I must say its an outstanding property, very nice if you are looking for a luxury experience. I also enjoyed the water taxi to the entrance of the parks. Emeril's restaurant on site was also memorable with outstanding service, and the price to match.

My favorite place to stay though is the Crowne Plaza (admittedly I hoard priority club points so maybe that skews my opinion), and its common to get great rates on Last Minute Travel if you don't mind the handicap room which is usually what they give me at this hotel when I book with LMT. The small tiki bar at the hotel gets busy at times and has been a blast on some nights.

Yogi

Thank you all! These all seem like good hotels and really close to the park :) Oh, sorry Johnindc you didn't make it to the park. My husband went to a mtg. in san juan for several days while I was soaking up the sun on the beach - felt sorry for him :(

Thanks, I'll look them up - so the hotel didn't include breakfast? Have you seen the hotel called "Floridays"? Thanks again :)

Doubletree has a restaurant but breakfast is not included. There is a Starbucks there too. I've never stayed at Floridays. It is near Seaworld but about 10 miles from Universal.

We stayed at Royal Pacific and loved it. The water taxi, 5 minute walk on a nice walkway to the parks and the front of the line access to the rides was priceless. Depending on the time of year and crowds, front of the line access in itself is well worth the price of the room.

Archived