What to do in CABO & PV? Good Beaches?

Kverlinger

So we will be in cabo for 2 days and pv for 1 day in aug. What are the best beaches to go to?? I read that ME resort @ nikki beach in cabo is good. Anybody have more info on that? What it cost to use the resorts facilities? Also, PV...where do I go there?

THANKS FOR THE HELP! ;)

In Cabo, the swimming beach is Medano, and from the cruise docks, you can reach it by land taxi, water taxi, or by walking (although it is a long walk!)

Water taxi is (IMO) the best bet. It will cost you about $3us pp. For $10 more (less if you "bargain") you can get a tour of Land's End and the Arch...well worth it, if you have never done that.

Once at Medano, you can relax on the beach for free, or sit at one of the many Cantinas for the price of a beer. Any of the Cantinas will have cold drinks and good food for a reasonable price.

In Cabo, the swimming beach is Medano, and from the cruise docks, you can reach it by land taxi, water taxi, or by walking (although it is a long walk!)

Water taxi is (IMO) the best bet. It will cost you about $3us pp. For $10 more (less if you "bargain") you can get a tour of Land's End and the Arch...well worth it, if you have never done that.

Once at Medano, you can relax on the beach for free, or sit at one of the many Cantinas for the price of a beer. Any of the Cantinas will have cold drinks and good food for a reasonable price.

Thanks! Anybody know about PV?

Not too far from the cruiseterminal you will see Hotel Krystal. As far as I know they offer their facilities - pool and beach- free to cruise passengers by showing your cruise-card. However there is a change in management, so those conditions might change too.

Otherwise take a cab or bus to Old Town - Playa los Muertes.

Various restaurants right on the beach, you can use their chairs etc. when you buy food or drinks.

Hotel Playa los Arcos (also on los Muertes) has a daypass to use their pool and beach. Check this board there were postings about that.

Also Dreams offers daypasses, information also on this board.

The nicest beach you will find in Nuevo Vallarta, which by bus is about 30-45 minutes away.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so jealous that you get to go to PV! It's one of my fav spots. If you want a beach that's close to restaurants and bars then I agree that Los Muertos beach is where you want to be.

Another fun beach you can check out if you want some relaxation then Las Animas is a great place to go. It's a beach that you can only get to by water taxi (they leave from Los Muertos Beach). The water taxi isn't very expensive and the boat ride isn't too long. At Las Animas, there's a restaurant on the beach (the food is pretty good) and the beer is nice and cold. You can also hike up to a waterfall :)

As for some other things you can do in PV, my friend shared this video with me and I feel like it gives you a really good idea of what PV has to offer (http://youtu.be/etqvEIg-g_M) Enjoy!

LOVED the "Krystal" in Puerto Vallarta. Free to Cruise passengers. Best infinity Pool and great Food at the Swim up bar. Loved it!

Cabo, take a water taxi and get a tour. Then relax on the BEACH! CABO is breathtaking! :D

• 1 month later...
LOVED the "Krystal" in Puerto Vallarta. Free to Cruise passengers. Best infinity Pool and great Food at the Swim up bar. Loved it!

Cabo, take a water taxi and get a tour. Then relax on the BEACH! CABO is breathtaking! :D

Do you have any pictures of Krystal? How did you get to Krystal from the cruise terminal? Walk, bus? Also, were the prices of food and drinks reasonable?

Enjoy your cruise on the Inspiration :)

Archived