Bar Harbor Maine question

Xoe

We'll be on HAL's Maasdam Montreal-Boston in September, and are currently deciding on shore excursions. We're interested in "Acadia National Park and Lobster Bake" in Bar Harbor, and are hoping to hear from someone who has done this excursion, with focus on the lobster bake. Is it in a nice setting? Good food? Comfortable seating while dining?

PLEASE, if anyone has done this, we'd love a report! We'd like to have some assurance that our mental image of this aligns reasonably well with how it really will be. Of all our contemplated excursions, this is the one about which we most hope for feedback.

Also, might there be some other place or experience in Bar Harbor that would be a "don't miss" that we should choose instead of this one? With the exception of Boston, where I lived for 2-1/2 years, all places we will visit on this trip are new to us, so we hope to make wise choices of what to see.

THANK YOU for your anticipated help!

In my mind a lobster bake would be in a beach setting with shoreline and water views, perhaps with nearby paths/trails for strolling near or at the water's edge. I imagine tables and seating outdoors, set up for comfort but not "slick", with shade from sun and protection from rain if needed . If I get to expand my "mental image" there might be corn on the cob roasted in the fire along with lobsters (although corn season may be long gone by then).

If it were going to be an indoor meal, I'd want to know that -- as well as anything else there is to know!

Thanks for your confirmation that Acadia National Park is a worthwhile goal while we are there.

I can't really answer your question, but to agree that you shouldn't miss Acadia.

We have yet to have a summer here .... It has rained most days! (In June it rained 23 out of 30 days). To all that are visiting this summer, plan on bringing a rain coat (just in case).

Corn season usually starts about August 18-20th. Should still have some fresh corn around in September.

I too am looking forward to hearing about what their lobster bake consists of. For us it is usually to go to a lobster pound --- sit in or sit out at picnic tables with paper plates and lots of paper towels for the mess.

I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise ... the east coast is beautiful. Jan

• 1 month later...

we did this tour last year in may. We ate outside under tarp on long tables, nothing fancy but good food. They took bus to arcadia Park, only regret was combing too we got to see very little else in town (shopping because of it being time to head back to ship when we finished bus tour

Archived