Castaway Cay - kids only?

madcitygirl

Looking for a cruise and came across this Disney port. I know it's a kids thing, but I like the idea of all the water activities. I'm a grown up with no kids, so would it be a bad idea to go with just my husband? Do adults find fun things to do here as well?

Thanks!

They have the main family beach where a lot of the activities are. They also have an adult beach that would be much quieter. The adult beach has its own BBQ!

We are going in February with no kids. I am looking forward to both beaches!

Think of it as a private beach just for DCL. Most cruise lines have some sort of private island/beach they stop at. Castaway Cay is probably the best of those private stops among all the lines. DCL occasionally runs double dip cruises on the Bahamas run (two stops at Castaway). Hardcore DCL fans LOVE the place.

It's fun for adults too. To give you an idea of the water area. DH and DD swam out to it. They went down the slides side by side. DD (4) picked the open slide and DH went down the closed tube. His was so fast, when he hit the water, his sunglasses broke at the nosepiece and it took him a few seconds to get oriented and realize he couldn't touch and therefore neither could my 4 y/o (6'1" vs 4'0"). Thankfully she's an great swimmer and had come up fending for herself.

They had a blast on the beach and my older niece had fund snorkeling and kayaking too. I've only seen great things about it. I wasn't feeling well, so I stayed on the ship and vegged alone.

I love Castaway Cay & I am in my 50's. They have a Great Adult only Beach and the best food on Castaway Cay can be found there! Then there are the slides on the other beach. My husband & I swam out to them and had a blast sliding down the really fast enclosed tube.

It's fun for adults too. To give you an idea of the water area. DH and DD swam out to it. They went down the slides side by side. DD (4) picked the open slide and DH went down the closed tube. His was so fast, when he hit the water, his sunglasses broke at the nosepiece and it took him a few seconds to get oriented and realize he couldn't touch and therefore neither could my 4 y/o (6'1" vs 4'0"). Thankfully she's an great swimmer and had come up fending for herself.

They had a blast on the beach and my older niece had fund snorkeling and kayaking too. I've only seen great things about it. I wasn't feeling well, so I stayed on the ship and vegged alone.

They have complimentary life vests before you swim out to that area and when we went they had a lifeguard there to pretty much encourage all kids to wear them.

I would go on the Fantasy without kids in a heartbeat! They have a wonderful adults only area and it is comfortable and appealing.

Castaway Cay is my favorite cruise destination! It is a beautiful day at the beach with food and drinks! We have been twice and the last time we walked over to the adult area to check it out. The water is very shallow and calm there, you could drag your chair out and just sit in the water. We have only done the family beach because we have been with family but I think I am going to try out the adult only beach on our cruise next year.

I think a DCL cruise would be fun for adults only. I do have to tell you though that the night life is lacking! They do have adult only bars and clubs at night but they won't be packed and not much goes on after 11.

Archived