Dave or Andymac Help needed please

I have seen in the Norway thread that you have both done the Flam Railway excursion with Thomson. We are interested in doing this but the info says, moderate walking may be over rough terrain and some steps. Can you help please and advise me on the walking involved.

Thanks

Mary

I have seen in the Norway thread that you have both done the Flam Railway excursion with Thomson. We are interested in doing this but the info says, moderate walking may be over rough terrain and some steps. Can you help please and advise me on the walking involved.

Thanks

Mary

A couple of hundred yard to the station from the ship

About 400 yards from the station at Voss to the hotel for lunch, along pavement?

Some slopes and uneven ground etc at the waterfall but you can admire it from a distance away if you wish.

About 20 yards flat at the stalheim hotel with a few steps up to the hotel

thats about it IIRC

Of course they may have changed things since 2008!

About 400 yards from the station at Voss to the hotel for lunch, along pavement?

Some slopes and uneven ground etc at the waterfall but you can admire it from a distance away if you wish.

thats about it IIRC

Ohhhhhhh.........that's just the detail you needed to know Mary. Thought Dave would be able to help. Will you be able to manage it do you think? I do hope so! :) :)

thats about it IIRC

Thanks for info Dave hope it hasn't changed since 2008.

Kruzseeker I should be able to manage it because it's not constant walking, there are stops in between. I will have to take the crutches with me though just in case. Going to book it online with others and do as you suggested see Destination Services as soon as we board but I am sure it will be ok. Fingers crossed.:)

Thanks for your help both of you. I just have one more question:) have either of you done the Wilderness Centre and Polaria from Tromso? If so any info to help please:):):)

Thanks

Mary

sorry mary hav'nt done this one,thought we would just wander around tromso ,BIG MISTAKE,when we were further south the weather had been great 23c but 2days later when we reached tromso temp had dropped to 6c and chill and wind it felt like -5c .

sorry can't help on this one.

sorry mary hav'nt done this one,thought we would just wander around tromso ,BIG MISTAKE,when we were further south the weather had been great 23c but 2days later when we reached tromso temp had dropped to 6c and chill and wind it felt like -5c .

sorry can't help on this one.

:eek::eek::eek:what time of year did you go? I know it will be colder up there when we go in June but it will not be that bad will it?

Someone answered my question on the ports forum they went in winter and it sounded fantastic with a sled ride etc. but the Polaria exhibition was nothing much. Have decided not to bother with it.

:eek::eek::eek:what time of year did you go? I know it will be colder up there when we go in June but it will not be that bad will it?

Someone answered my question on the ports forum they went in winter and it sounded fantastic with a sled ride etc. but the Polaria exhibition was nothing much. Have decided not to bother with it.

by the way i ment further north not south.

we sailed from newcastle on the 10th june 2006, tromso was the worst day,all in all the weather was mixed but not too bad.

we had rain at the north cape but it did'nt stop the midnight party,we did see the midnight sun on two nights.

tromso was the exception.

Archived