Cruising in 1980's

Does anyone know some ships that went out of New York back in the early to mid 80's to Bermuda? I was about 5 years old and went on a family cruise back then and still have some pictures. Nobody in the family remembers the name of the ship although my sister said she thinks it was called the Atlantic. Thanks!

Sounds like one of the Home Lines ships which later became Premier Cruise Line's Starship Atlantic. It was built in 1982 so the time period seems to fit.:)

Well my sister is swearing it was the atlantic so I guess your right! I can't seem to find much on the web about this ship.

OK,sorry ..seriously...Is this it.

Oh...nevermind,you already tried that

http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/AtlanticPCs.html

Yes!!! Thats what I'm looking at now. I'm looking at the same thing. Thats the ship!!! Thank you everyone! I was 5 when I was on the ship so I really don't remember it. It's amazing how far the cruise industry has come.

The Home lines ships that I sailed on were the Atlantic and the Homeric.

They sailed to Bermuda in the 80's. My son was 2 years old when he first cruised with us.

I believe the Homeric was sold to Cunard and renamed the Westerdam.

Out to Sea was shot on the Westerdam

Happy Memories!!!

Happy Sailing!!

Bruce

I sailed on the Nordic Prince out of NY in the mid to late 80's to Bermuda on a 7 night cruise.........one of only 3 ships RC had.......boy how times have changed:)

Geez. She looked just like the Oceanic when I first opened that up.

I used to go to NY harbor watching grandparents and parents take their cruises (without us, of course. But I'm overcompensating now :p ).

It was interesting years later finding two ships completely made over from when I was on them for their Bon Voyage parties.

The Norway, all blue, with those famous smokestacks, while driving on the causeway over to Miami. I had to pull over. I hadn't known she was even still around.

And the Oceanic, all red and white, as we pulled into Nassau. I had to stare at her a while, before finally saying that was her, and then finally seeing the name.

We actually sailed on the Atlantic in the late summer of 1986 on our honeymoon cruise from New York to Bermuda. We loved the Italian crew and the food seemed terribly (but wonderfully) exotic to us two from the Connecticut suburbs. We had a tiny little room with a porthole window. I think we were 4 days in Bermuda, half at St. George and half in Hamilton. It was a great trip - thanks for the nostaglic look back!

Archived