Cape Liberty parking

roerinaci1961

Good Morning we are leaving on the Explorer on April 12..we are driving down from New Hampshire and was thinking of parking in the terminal parking lot..how crowded does the parking lot get ..is it hard to find parking..how is the security..is there a shuttle to pick you up in the parking lot with your luggage..

Thank You

Good Morning we are leaving on the Explorer on April 12..we are driving down from New Hampshire and was thinking of parking in the terminal parking lot..how crowded does the parking lot get ..is it hard to find parking..how is the security..is there a shuttle to pick you up in the parking lot with your luggage..

Thank You

You drive up and drop off your luggage before parking the car. You can off load people from your group also if they do not want to walk back to the terminal.

We always get there early enough so that we can park right up in the front row, next to the terminal.

Only problem is, when returning, we have always had to carry our luggage out to the car in the lot. But like I said, we have always parked close so it was not a problem at all.

I'm not sure what other people do.

Yes, security is good, your car is safe.

Cape Liberty parking is very easy. The cost is $19/day and there are plenty of spaces. and it is a gated and guarded lot. There is a shuttle that will take you the short distance to the terminal, however if you drop off your luggage at the erminal first, you could walk to the terminal. I have parked there 7 times and never had a problem.

Cape Liberty parking is very easy. The cost is $19/day and there are plenty of spaces. and it is a gated and guarded lot. There is a shuttle that will take you the short distance to the terminal, however if you drop off your luggage at the erminal first, you could walk to the terminal. I have parked there 7 times and never had a problem.

Ive parked there at least 5 times and ive never seen a shuttle from the parking lot to the terminal - shuttle to the ship yes?

Although this has been addressed before, I'll give it a go.

Parking at Cape Liberty is, in my opinion, very easy and painless. As you drive down the road you will make a series of left turns an head to the terminal building, with attached tents. You will be directed to a stall where you will hand over your checked bags to a porter. From there you can drop off your passengers and proceed to park, or take them, and the carry-on bags, to the parking area. Once you back out of the parking slot you will be directed to make another left between the building and ,yes, another left to the booth where you will be charged for the duration of your cruise at $19/night. This can be taken care of in cash or by credit card. You are now in an open, fenced in lot that is patrolled by security. Find a spot you like and head back to the terminal building. The lot is close enough that most folks just hoof-it. When you return you simply reverse the procedure.

We have found it quite painless. A side note: Next to the cruise terminal is a working dry-dock. It has been reported that, on occasion, folks have returned to find an "over spray" on their vehicles. Please be aware that RCI has nothing to do with the parking AND the dry-dock company has reportedly, always made good for any over spray claim. We have been to CL for 3 different cruises and never had any problem.

Enjoy your cruise and let the parking be the least of your worries.

Another popular option we use is Entertainment Tours that runs charter buses from various locations around the northeast to the port. No need to deal with the roads around the area. And the buses are waiting for us when we return. Also, the porters unload the luggage from the bus, and will bring the luggage back at the end. And , regardless of what the sign says when you drive into the port, they do expect to receive a tip.

If you google Cape Liberty parking you will also find off site parking lots that offer free shuttle service form to lot to the ship and back on your return. I have not used these services at Cape Liberty but have used them at the NYC airports with no issues. The cost is around $11 per day.

THIS IS ONE ITEM YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO STRESS ABOUT. Once you get to the terminal, just go to the far end of the drope off- pickup area, drop off your bags, make two left truns around a building and park. At the end of your cruise if you have a large number bags you can get a porter who have rollen skids who will pick up your bags and take them to your car. For a nice tip of course.

it is easy... porters will also wheel your stuff to your car...just saw that recently...

generally if you arrive between 10:30-11 you won't have much wait...the road in is one way so you'll have people coming and going, but they DO keep everything moving along...it is actually pretty organized (though to those NOT familiar with New Jersey may find it odd....meaning, much of our state is Organized Chaos...that's one reason i love it!)

there WAS a ship in the dry dock when i was recently there...though as it was a very windy day i do not think they were painting..and just because there is something in the dry dock does not mean that they're painting....

currently there are 2 ships' worth of parked cars, and the lot still had plenty of spaces...

MedicKen described it very well...I should post my pictures of the area where you drop off your stuff, but I can't get to them right at the moment

We're on the same cruise. My niece and her husband drove down from NH in Jan., stayed at a local hotel overnight, left their car in the hotel lot and took their shuttle to the port. Just a thought. Have you signed up for the Meet and Mingle yet? The more the merrier. Where is Littleton? We used to vacation in Hillsboro and I have nieces in Weare and Colebrook. Happy Sailing.

Carolyn

hi you can park off site for alot less $

google places to paerk nearby, or 2nd option is to stay in a hotel nearby and

take the shuttle to and from ship $19 is alot to park

The way I look at it, $19 a day to park is still a bargain compared to the cost of round trip airfare, car rental, pre-cruise hotel, and so forth if we were to sail out of Fort Lauderdale or Canaveral.

Not to mention all the hassle I'm avoiding.

also if you park at the pier, you're not stuck waiting for the shuttle which may take forever....

i was going to look for that premier parking place yesterday but didn't have time.......didn't have the address and saw no signs

Check out this thread from the Florida departures board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=33058355#post33058355

IF you look at the map on the linked page (post #3, I think), it is the SAME company. And as I posted before, there is NO insurance listed with the FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) which is MANDATORY if you are running a vehicle licensed in one state (someone reported the van in Cape Liberty had NY plates on it) across state lines AND providing a commercial passenger service. So let the buyer beware.

I am making a guess that this company just hires some local guy to find a parking lot and provide a van. I sure wouldn't want to be in an accident because I will bet there is NO commercial insurance and if you are injured, there will be NO coverage.

Check out this thread from the Florida departures board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=33058355#post33058355

IF you look at the map on the linked page (post #3, I think), it is the SAME company. And as I posted before, there is NO insurance listed with the FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) which is MANDATORY if you are running a vehicle licensed in one state (someone reported the van in Cape Liberty had NY plates on it) across state lines AND providing a commercial passenger service. So let the buyer beware.

I am making a guess that this company just hires some local guy to find a parking lot and provide a van. I sure wouldn't want to be in an accident because I will bet there is NO commercial insurance and if you are injured, there will be NO coverage.

yeah i just wanted to check but didn't have my laptop..well i did, just no convenient internet access..i wish they had a REAL starbucks next to the pier as opposed to the kiosk in the grocery store...

i was just curious......(ok, and a LITTLE bored.....)

• 2 months later...

I can't tell if the paint overspray problem is still an issue? We were planning on having someone drive us to Summit tomorrow but have just decided to drive and park, and would like to park at the pier. (no time to buy the cover!)

I have read posts that it supposedly hasn't been an issue lately, but hoped someone would have more recent experience - thanks!

(I also looked for "safest" places in the lot to park, but wasn't able to find anything recent...)

No one has reported paint spray issues for quite some time. I'd be tempted to park in the lot closest to the cruise ship, which would mean driving into the first lot, going halfway through and making a left towards the opening in the fence, crossing the inbound road to the other side, and parking. This will give you easier access to your car when you disembark and I think it's further away from any paint spray operation.

Archived