Pan Pacific in Vancouver

jo1nan

What is the best/easiest way to get to the Pan Pacific Hotel in Vancouver from the Vancouver airport?

Thanks

The Canada forum will provide more info, but my opinion is that the subway (Canada Line Skytrain) goes straight from the airport to Waterfront station, 3 blocks from the Pan Pacific, and is hard to beat.

Basically you have three options with 4 different prices:

1. The Canada Line at a cost of $8.75 (CDN) pp and schlepping your luggage 3 blocks from Waterfront Station to hotel.
  2. A cab which will run you about $35
  3. Aerocar Limo service which has a flat rate with the airport of $52 plus 12% tax and gratuity
  4. Shuttle which leaves the airport hourly, takes about an hour and costs $14 pp.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific prior to a repositioning cruise on HAL's Zuiderdam. It was such a lovely hotel, and I'll never forget coming down for breakfast on the morning of our cruise to see the Zuiderdam towering over us through the windows. She filled the whole of the end wall of the foyer. We got to the hotel from the airport by bus laid on by HAL.

Basically you have three options with 4 different prices:
  1. The Canada Line at a cost of $8.75 (CDN) pp and schlepping your luggage 3 blocks from Waterfront Station to hotel.
  2. A cab which will run you about $35
  3. Aerocar Limo service which has a flat rate with the airport of $52 plus 12% tax and gratuity
  4. Shuttle which leaves the airport hourly, takes about an hour and costs $14 pp.

Is the shuttle just for the hotel or can you do this if just going to the ship and not staying at the hotel ? Do you have to pre-arrange this or is it a HO ? Where does it drop you off ?...Sailed from Ballentyne last cruise and used cruise transfers with "cruise direct". I know the cruise direct isn't an option any longer..Too bad.

It is a milk run type shuttle operated by the Aerocar Limo folks which stops at a number of hotels. The closest stop to the Pan Pacific is the Fairmont Waterfront which is directly across the street from the Pan Pacific. Here is a link for your convenience which should answer all of your questions.

http://aeroshuttleyvr.ca/

Thanks so much..seems like for just a few $'s more a taxi might be a better direct option with no stops and all my luggage :)

Well frankly if I can afford to stay at the Pan Pacific I certainly can afford a $35 cab ride and not have to schlep my luggage....but I try to point out all options and let people decide for themselves.

Well frankly if I can afford to stay at the Pan Pacific I certainly can afford a $35 cab ride and not have to schlep my luggage....but I try to point out all options and let people decide for themselves.

Thanks again..always appreciated when someone gives all the options available...:)

Archived