What color shoes with celery or "celadon" colored dress

vjmatty

How about something like those clear sandles with a real pretty heel and a rhinestone accent very neutral, (Cinderella like).We were just on the Century where we had 3formal nights and I took shoes like that for all three gowns.

Nordstroms.com has hundreds and hundreds of shoes usually with free shipping.

Jennifer

I think I would take the dress shoe shopping with me. There is nothing like seeing them together to get a better idea. That way, you can try on the shoes and dress at the same time (if you go to a department store).

I do love your dress, celadon is a favorite color of mine. :)

I think the soft gold on the model looks very pretty. A very glitzy gold would be too harsh. OR you might go for a shade that matches your skin tone..biege, cream etc. I think it's a beautiful color.

Hi,:) I must tell you I think that the dress is absolutely

beautiful!!!!!

I don't always see dresses from pictures that say "buy me"

but that one does;)

May I ask where you purchased it?

It is just so lovely!!!

Hi,:) I must tell you I think that the dress is absolutely

beautiful!!!!!

I don't always see dresses from pictures that say "buy me"

but that one does;)

May I ask where you purchased it?

It is just so lovely!!!

I bought it at a local formal shop, but anyone who carries Mori Lee formal wear should have it ;)

Thanks everyone for the compliments and advice. I never thought of champagne shoes, may try that first. Since it is a two piece I can carry just the top piece around when I go shopping.

Hi:) the dress is actually 2 pieces?

I would never have guessed! I thought it was a full dress!

As much as I love wearing dresses on formal nights, dressy

skirts and tops are fun as well:D

I really thought it was a dress!

Hi:) the dress is actually 2 pieces?

I would never have guessed! I thought it was a full dress!

As much as I love wearing dresses on formal nights, dressy

skirts and tops are fun as well:D

I really thought it was a dress!

Yes! They make them that way so you can choose the length of dress as well as the bodice style and then just put them together.

I third (or fourth) the champagne, or bone color - if it has a little sparkle in it, not flat-colored.

I agree. A creme colored matte leather would not work.

I also agree with the suggestion that a soft gold, not a glitzy or deep shade, would work very well with that beautiful dress.

Another option would be a soft color, like creme or soft gold with clear stones adorning them.

A few years ago I bought a pair of Prada silk satin slides in a medium shade of sage green. Sounds weird, but they would have been perfect with your dress.

Take the skirt shopping with you and hold it in front of you when you try on shoes. You may come up with something that's unexpected and incredible looking.

Yes! They make them that way so you can choose the length of dress as well as the bodice style and then just put them together.

I thought it was a one piece dress too :)

I've seen this before for bridesmaids and I think it is a wonderful idea. A bride can choose a fabric and color, the style can be suited to each individuals body, rather than the same dress for all. Brilliant.

I like the idea because I'm 2 different sizes, my top is larger than the bottom.

I

I've seen this before for bridesmaids and I think it is a wonderful idea. A bride can choose a fabric and color, the style can be suited to each individuals body, rather than the same dress for all. Brilliant.

:o Actually, I think this IS intended as a bridesmaid's dress, but luckily they've come a long way since the taffeta and chiffon mega puff-balls of the 80's ;)

The ony thing I can come up with is silver, but that is more for ice blue than ice green, isn't it? I am not fond of how the gold sandals they show here look with this dress. However, my gown is floor length.

http://store.tjformal.com/asp/images/18611-02-b.jpg

What about the color they currently call "pewter", or, as another poster said, a champagne color?

Isn't celedon a lovely color? Got to be just about the most beautiful shade of green when you're wanting a dress, though a dark emerald green could be equally so.

What about the color they currently call "pewter", or, as another poster said, a champagne color?

Isn't celedon a lovely color? Got to be just about the most beautiful shade of green when you're wanting a dress, though a dark emerald green could be equally so.

Oh I LOVE emerald green... and emeralds! I used to wear it a lot more when I had red hair.

I like the celedon too because with olive skin I really can't usually wear light green or any pastel, but for some reason the celadon doesn't clash with my coloring.

I just bought a pair at Dillards (on the clearance rack - $22.00!) that I think would be perfect. They are champagne with a few rhinestones, with just a few thin straps. Good hunting! BTW, won't that top look fab later with a long black skirt?

The ony thing I can come up with is silver, but that is more for ice blue than ice green, isn't it? I am not fond of how the gold sandals they show here look with this dress. However, my gown is floor length.

http://store.tjformal.com/asp/images/18611-02-b.jpg

Hey there! I'm going to answer based on a lot of the previous info, if I manage to quote it all correctly...

First of all they are showing gold sandals, because the model is a blonde/Spring coloring, so that is what looks most "neutral" on that specific model for the picture...

I never thought of champagne shoes, may try that first. Since it is a two piece I can carry just the top piece around when I go shopping.

You're talking shoes, so actually with a floor length dress, you're really going to do best trying on with the entire thing, as your shoes will get that "peeking out from under the floor length" surprise effect, that you won't see or get without the skirt portion, when trying shoes out!;)

Take the skirt shopping with you and hold it in front of you when you try on shoes. You may come up with something that's unexpected and incredible looking.

And as usual, Jane110 and I are on the same virtual page...:p

Yep, you need the skirt with you...

Then, going outside the box here...

It seems like you are a Winter tone, and that is why the celedon works for you better than other greens...

AND it is floor length!

So, I agree on the "soft" metallics, mentioned above...

But, just for fun...

What could totally work with your coloring and be fun, and new, and unexpected, is something in Icy Pink, Icy Violet, Deep Hot Pink, Magenta, or Fuchsia!

On a floor length, it is a contrast (but tone match) to the dress, and also compliments your skin tone (then just have one accessory that matches, handbag, clutch, earrings, etc.)...

Think something like this:

73137622.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB880AF1A497F5183A

(Different colors, but the contrast color tone on floor length)

link (if it doesn't show up)

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73137622.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB880AF1A497F5183A

Or this on a shorter length:

73005362.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABBB9075DAB120B4899

(Also different colors, but same idea on the complimentary but contrasting colors)

link (if it doesn't show up)

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73005362.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABBB9075DAB120B4899

It works either way, just other ideas to get everyone's creative fashion minds working...

Have fun!

CJW

Archived