Been reading reviews; have questions.....

Mrs. Chernabog

One of the complaints about MSC(whichever ship is similar to Poesia) is that the pool closed at 6PM. Does the pool close that early on other lines, in particular Carnival or Royal Caribbean?

Is room service available 24 hours a day and free? I was confused by one review and I'm not sure if breakfast is free or they meant beverages are only free during breakfast. :confused:

Hi Mrs Chernabog

can't help you with your first question as I have no personal experience of these other lines

Room service is available 24 hours but is extremely limited. Room Service breakfast is free regardless of where the ship is sailing. It is continental only. Some people choose just to order drinks from the breakfast menu, so that they have a cup of tea/coffee to start the day rather than also order bread/pastries. Other room service is free on US sailings (or it was) and chargeable on other sailings

Hi AmoMondo,

As you are an experienced MSC cruiser I have a question...does MSC dock into ports or do they tender only. I have heard that they do not dock in ports but take Ferries (Tenders) only. That's not true is it?:)

No that's not true - they dock like everyone else. Only tender at ports where they can't dock just like any other line. they definitely dock at Genoa, Venice, Bari, Citavecchia (sp?), Olbia and Palermo. the only ports that I've tendered at so far with MSC are at Visby in the Baltics, Dubrovnik and some of the ports in the Caribbean.

I've just returned from a trip on Splendida. One of the pools (I think it is the indoor pool) is open until 7.00pm. We were on first sitting for dinner and so we were at our table by 7.00pm anyway and never got the chance to take advantage of this.

We ordered breakfast room service every day in the form of tea or coffee to drink on our balcony before going to breakfast. Tea and coffee is also available on the top deck very early and if I woke too long before my room service order, I'd stroll up there and have a cup of tea there too!

Archived