Mini Suites (Dolphin Deck) on Grand Princess

We are taking an Alaskan cruise in Sept 2014 on the Grand Princess. We are booked for a mini suite on the dolphin deck in the front of the ship in D223. This is our first Alaskan cruise and we want to be sure we're in a decent location on the ship to enjoy the views with no obstructions, etc... Any advice would be much appreciated :).

We are taking an Alaskan cruise in Sept 2014 on the Grand Princess. We are booked for a mini suite on the dolphin deck in the front of the ship in D223. This is our first Alaskan cruise and we want to be sure we're in a decent location on the ship to enjoy the views with no obstructions, etc... Any advice would be much appreciated :).

Nice size cabin, nice size balcony. But, you should be aware that the dolphin deck minis have uncovered balconies.

I agree that the best views may well be from a public deck. If for example the ship parks in front of a glacier you may see nothing from your balcony if the other side of the ship is facing it. Conversly you may have a great private view. There is no telling. Alaska trips are known for changing weather and quickly. I would much rather have a covered or at least partially covered balcony so that I could still us it if the weather goes bad. Just can't see myself dressed head to toe in rain gear to watch a glacier calve or read a book. We also like some privacy on our balcony which Dolphin deck does not offer at all.

Thanks for the information. This is good to know. We can still make changes to another area of the ship with covered balconies. We're still new to crusing and learning as we go. This forum seems like a great wealth of information.

Thanks for the information. This is good to know. We can still make changes to another area of the ship with covered balconies. We're still new to crusing and learning as we go. This forum seems like a great wealth of information.

if a mini is important move down to the emerald deck.

When I take my alaska cruise it will be from an aft cabin so i can see both sides

It's a really nice cabin, but when I was in Alaska we stayed in the back of the boat and saw so many wonderful things. We saw whales and other marine life. It was truly wonderful. I would recommend taking a room in the back of the boat because of my experiences.

Archived