Has anyone done the Princess Canadian Rockies land tour (along with Alaskan cruise)?

Coral

Has anyone done the Canadian Rockies land tour through Princess in conjunction with their Alaskan cruise?

If so, what did you think of it and would you recommend it? Do you have any pictures online?

I have been fascinated recently looking at pictures of Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper. Also, what month would be best to go - I hear July and August are "prime" months but was wondering about the end of May?

Thanks!

Have been to Banff/Jasper/Lake Louise and they are spectacular. Never at the end of May though and don't have any digital photos. I booked several couples on the Princess Canadian Rockies tours when I was a TA and all enjoyed it... only complaint was too little time to take it all in. The Rocky Mountaineer is definitely a hightlight!

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">One can never have too many days at sea...</font> icon_smile.gif

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas

Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle

Thanks!

I am not big into rental cars and driving in places I am not familiar (thus, I cruise on vacation). I came across Tauck tours last night and that appears to give me more time in the places - may look into that. Now I need to do research and find out when would be the best time visit. The pictures of the area look fabulous!

Coral

We're doing pre cruiseRockies in July.

I've actually done Rockies tour before (20 days trans Canadian - Montreal to Vancouver) & spent time in Vancouver last year (after a SF - Seattle tour - beautiful Oregon coast)

In TA opionion this was the best value way for us to combine Cruise with Rockies. It is a compact tour, but will alow us to see Rockies as well as Alaska.

Also exUK not too expensive (£250 eachI think)to add it to Cruise

Turning out to be our honeymoon ( unplanned at time of booking) so hopefully not too hurried.

Barbara

IMHO this should not be missed Coral. Tauck and Globus do a great job if you could find one that began in Alberta and ended in Vancouver. Have done independently (partial) and part w/ tour and the tour allows you to see more..driving between Banff and Jasper had to stop numerous times for driver to appreciate scenery. Globus and Tauck both allwo ample time and with the number of hotel rooms booked ahead for tour groups this is the best way to get accommodations at the nice hotels. IMHO Princess is a very good option for this and the "package" very affordably priced compared to doing it on your own at the caliber of hotel they use.

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">One can never have too many days at sea...</font> icon_smile.gif

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas

Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle

Thanks Caroline - I noticed that Princess and Tauck both use a lot of the same hotels. Those Fairmont hotels look absolutely gorgeous!

I guess I need to wait for the 2005 Princess and Tauck prices to come out. I am always game for going to Alaska and adding a Canadian Rockies trip to it looks incredible!

We are doing this cruise/tour with Princess on August 1. I will write a review when I return. I have heard that the Canadian Rockies are even more beautiful than Alaska.

Mary Lou

***Waiting for 8/1/04 when we tour the Canadian Rockies and cruise Alaska on the Island Princess!***

Archived