Self Tour Ideas???

JC Cruiser

Hello All!

We will be in St. Kitts next week and our intention is to rent a car. I am looking for any ideas/suggestions for places to stop. There are the obvious beachs, but are there any sites that we should consider visiting? We are currently considering visiting Cockleshell Beach and/or White House Bay. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

We used Rose and Jim's tour/taxi service. We were just going to use a taxi and do our own thing, but it was more expensive to do that. We booked a 5 hour tour- 2 1/2 sight seeing and 2 1/2 at Cockleshell beach. Rose was our driver and we visited the town, Brimstone, the batik place and then had her take us to the beach. We paid $32 each for this tour and it was only the 4 of us. The van is clean and Rose did a good job. She waited while we were at the beach. We snorkeled and it was just fair. We should have gone down to the right (facing the beach) since we heard later that the snorkeling is better there. We did have lunch and it was good, but expensive. We had to pay extra for lounge chairs and an umbrella. I think it was $15 per couple. If you want more privacy you can walk down past Spice Mill restaurant and have the beach almost to yourselves. It was hot when we were there (11/08/09) so we stayed close to the drinks:D. We had no problem with the massage girls. Matter of fact I got the free massage and booked her to come back after our lunch. I think it was $30 for back and shoulders and $25 for legs/feet. I was disappointed when she got busy with others and didn't get my massage before we left! Rose waited for us and was ready to take us back to the ship when we were ready. If anyone has questions I will be glad to answer.

You can also check out Nevis. It is the sister island of St.Kitts and it is 30-45 minute ferry ride. Nevia has pretty beaches, the Botanical Garden's and you can also tour the birthplace of Alexander Hamilton (the man on the U.S. $10 bill.

• 3 weeks later...
We used Rose and Jim's tour/taxi service. We were just going to use a taxi and do our own thing, but it was more expensive to do that. We booked a 5 hour tour- 2 1/2 sight seeing and 2 1/2 at Cockleshell beach. Rose was our driver and we visited the town, Brimstone, the batik place and then had her take us to the beach. We paid $32 each for this tour and it was only the 4 of us. The van is clean and Rose did a good job. She waited while we were at the beach. We snorkeled and it was just fair. We should have gone down to the right (facing the beach) since we heard later that the snorkeling is better there. We did have lunch and it was good, but expensive. We had to pay extra for lounge chairs and an umbrella. I think it was $15 per couple. If you want more privacy you can walk down past Spice Mill restaurant and have the beach almost to yourselves. It was hot when we were there (11/08/09) so we stayed close to the drinks:D. We had no problem with the massage girls. Matter of fact I got the free massage and booked her to come back after our lunch. I think it was $30 for back and shoulders and $25 for legs/feet. I was disappointed when she got busy with others and didn't get my massage before we left! Rose waited for us and was ready to take us back to the ship when we were ready. If anyone has questions I will be glad to answer.

We will be in St. Kitts in February. How would I contact Rose & Jim?

Archived