Hair Styles & Makeup

I am getting married 12/12/12 when the Carnival Victory stops at Barbados.

I have a question for those of you who got married on land...we have to get off to get the marriage license then we get to come back to the ship to get ready for our 12:00 ceremony.

I am one of those people who brush my hair and go in the mornings and never wear makeup...but of course I want my hair done and makeup applied for me for my wedding.

Question 1: How much time will I need to get my hair & makeup done AND does anyone know if the spa on the ship can do this or should I get my wedding planner (we went with a private planner) to book me a spot in Bridgetown to get this done?

Question 2: Getting married at Foul Bay Beach....should I have my hair up because of the wind?

Thanks!!!

We were married on Princess but I made the hair appointment in advance and planned to do my own makeup. The day before the wedding, the spa called and asked if I wanted makeup too. Of course, I said yes and they did it for no extra charge. I did have to bring my own makeup though.

IMO, you should probably plan to have your hair back due to wind. I had a very simple style with only a few strands hanging and it worked out well. I can't imagine if I had left it down. It would have been a mess!

Archived