Minimum age for fitness classes

I've tried to find the answer for this, but no luck. Does anyone know the minimum age to take a fitness class? My daughter is 10 and a competitive figure skater, she already does stretch, pilates, and yoga at home and wants to keep up her training. I would be there with her doing the classes. If she can't take the classes would she be allowed to use the mats on her own to stretch, again with me present.

[quote name='gerif']She won't be allowed in the gym at all. It's an insurance thing. Can you bring a small mat she could use in your cabin?[/QUOTE]

I thought she might be too young. Good idea, her yoga mat is small enough to pack.

[quote name='Merion_Mom']Sixteen.[/QUOTE]

Mild Hijack. Can you, or anyone else, please link me to where this is confirmed? Not arguing the accuracy, just want to figure out if I can get around it if at all possible. My son (15) and I were looking forward to getting in a couple of workouts together on Jewel in a few weeks.

When I took a spinning class they let a 10 yr old boy sign up on the Oasis. Therefore, my husband couldn't get signed up and had to sit out and wait for the next class.

I'm guessing he must have been a very influential suite guest.

It's 16.

[quote name='AeroBaldness']Mild Hijack. Can you, or anyone else, please link me to where this is confirmed? Not arguing the accuracy, just want to figure out if I can get around it if at all possible. My son (15) and I were looking forward to getting in a couple of workouts together on Jewel in a few weeks.[/quote]
Just do a search on the cruiseline website, information is there.

[URL]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Guest_Conduct_Policy.pdf[/URL]

[quote name='reallyitsmema']Just do a search on the cruiseline website, information is there.

[URL]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Guest_Conduct_Policy.pdf[/URL][/QUOTE]

Does look like there may be some exceptions for 13-15 year olds.

[quote name='reallyitsmema']Just do a search on the cruiseline website, information is there.

[URL]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Guest_Conduct_Policy.pdf[/URL][/QUOTE]

I did and read this:

[QUOTE]*** Guests ages 13 to 15 may be permitted to utilize the FitnessCenter during certain times of the day; provided the young guest is accompanied and supervised at all times by their parent or guardian and provided a waiver of liability has been signed by the parent or guardian who is present in the fitness center. See the Cruise Compass or contact Guest Services for the specific FitnessCenter age restrictions on your cruise
vacation.[/QUOTE]

The post made it sound like it was 16 and above with no wiggle, from what I quoted above there is some wiggle and I just wanted to confirm the accuracy.

[quote name='reallyitsmema']Correct, but since you have a 10 yr old, it wasn't going to help.:)[/QUOTE]

Right, she was excited when she saw the classes on the compass, but I thought she might be too young. I'm glad I don't have to do it with her, she would put me to shame and never let me live it down :D

[quote name='jbrezen']Does look like there may be some exceptions for 13-15 year olds.[/QUOTE]

My then 14yo son was allowed into the gym once I'd signed a waiver when we were on our last cruise.

I sat with a book inside the gym and that was sufficient for 'parental guidance'

We were in the same position for a LONG time. There are easy alternatives, DD has never had to sacrifice her training just because she wasn't old enough to be in the gym. Depending on the ship you're sailing, I might be able to give you suggestions... Definitely pack a jump rope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

An Ice rink, she can skate, lots of days, might want to bring your own skates.
I some how doubt that yoga and other classes would not accept her, just try, and they can only say NO. Heck, take her into the gym with you and watch her do her thing, again they can always run you out LOL, I guess no worse than kids in the solarium pool or hot tubs and being asked to leave LOL fun for all us old fa*ts to complain about.

[quote name='Candleonwater']We were in the same position for a LONG time. There are easy alternatives, DD has never had to sacrifice her training just because she wasn't old enough to be in the gym. Depending on the ship you're sailing, I might be able to give you suggestions... Definitely pack a jump rope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/QUOTE]

We are on Independence, jump rope, another great idea. Where could she use it, maybe helipad?

[quote name='north29']An Ice rink, she can skate, lots of days, might want to bring your own skates.
I some how doubt that yoga and other classes would not accept her, just try, and they can only say NO. Heck, take her into the gym with you and watch her do her thing, again they can always run you out LOL, I guess no worse than kids in the solarium pool or hot tubs and being asked to leave LOL fun for all us old fa*ts to complain about.[/quote]

LOL, no won't break the "rules", if she can't, she can't.

I am so glad that someone started this thread! I had no idea that there was a possibility that my 14 year old son could sue the gym if we sign a waiver. We are often on for all or part of a port day, so we could go at less popular times.

One thing, which is not going to work for you daughter, OP, but might be useful info for someone else is that on all the RCI sailings we have been on, there is a 3 session "personal training group for teens" course offered. You have to sign up on the first day, because one of the sessions is on day two in the morning. I don't know what the maximum number of kids is, but my son has either been the ONLY teen, or one of two. He loves it. it costs $55 for all three 45 minute sessions--which is not a bad price IMO.

Archived