What is the Dig?

Alikona

I am confused as to what the Dig actually is at Atlantis. I went on their web site and still felt confused. Is it the aquarium or is that separate? We will be travelling with a 6 and 9 year old and want to find a fun excursion in Nassau for them to participate in. We will be there the day after Christmas. Will it be warm enough to snorkel? I was thinking about doing the Rainbow Reef snorkeling excursion on RCL which is 2 1/2 hours long and was also wondering if we would also have time to do the "Dig" (we will be there 9:00 am - 5:00 pm). Thanks so much....We have been to Nassau on the Disney cruise with our daughters when they were much smaller. We did not have such a great time, but I think that is because we did not know what to do. I want to be better prepared this time. Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated!:) :)

The DIGS is the underground caverns with an "Indiana Jones finds Atlantis " theme. It's surrounded by huge aquariums, including the tubes that you walk thru and fish swim around and above you. You kids would love it.

As for the weather at Christmas, it's iffy. For me, I wouldn't plan a snorkeling trip with young kids at this time. Just too cold to be in the water for any length of time without a wetsuit. There are other tours such as the Seaworld Explorer, where your kids would be in a submarine viewing the sea gardens.

Once the water warms up in late March, snorkeling is a treat.

Scubagirl,

Thanks so much! The Dig sounds like a perfect excursion for the girls. I think we will do that and just go to one of the beaches or the submarine thing you described. I will have to look into that. Thanks again!

Archived