Question regarding Online Booking

AmoMondo

I've just booked a cruise on the Atlantica for March via the UK website. I paid a deposit and also paid for the all inclusive package in full. I got confirmations of both payments but then the site crashed before I could take a note of my booking number. I've not had an email confirmation yet. It's the first time I've booked online, so not sure if they issue email confirmations rightbaway or whether it will follow later?

Thanks

Dear AmoMondo,

Can you please tell me more about your experience on the Favolosa?

Thanks in advance

Dear AmoMondo, it's nice to see you here!

I'm sailing on the Favolosa for Christmas Cruise and would like to hear about it too!

Thanks!

You'll love the Atlantica, Mairi. Beautiful and well designed ship.

Hi Chuck,

It was your descriptions of her that had me determined to sail on her. Previously when I'd looked at voyages they were too expensive but got what I consider to be a bargain for an aft balcony with only 30% single supplement.

Hi ellamalta and msclover

I enjoyed my time on the Favolosa. I went for a samsara cabin, it was a late booking for New Year and there was only a single left. Didn't discover until I got there that it was a HC, so had loads of room and a massive wet room. Did not like the cabin location at all. Yes it was handy for getting to the exclusive 2 level samsara spa (which was absolutely amazing) but I had not appreciated it backed on to a 6 tier atrium which proved to be an excellent sound tunnel for transmitting both noise and vibration from the live band in the atrium directly through my cabin wall! So hope neither of you are in the same situation.

I never ate in the MDRs as I was allocated to the samsara restaurant which was really lovely. I also ate in the a la carte restaurant which was nice but not great. Service was not that great. It certainly was not comparable to the equivalent on MSC - MSC wins hands down on that one in my opinion. Costa was like a good restaurant, MSC is close go a real fine dining/Michelin star experience complete with sommelier service. (of course it helps, msclover that we get one free visit on MSC!) I also ate in the buffet a few times, although at breakfast, I really loved the more limited outside buffet located on the aft pool area. I had the AI package at €19.50 per day, so I'd get a fresh squeezed OJ and cappuccino from the bar, select my brekkie from the buffet which never had a queue and then ensconced myself there to enjoy the piece and quiet, sunshine and fresh air away from the "maddening" crowds in the main buffet.

I really did not like the decor of the ship itself. It was far too garish for my tastes. I've never seen so many different patterns in one room and they made me feel like the vertical hold in my eyes needed readjusting! The weird thing was that despite all those colours and busy patterns, some areas still managed to feel dark and dingy. The clean and classic lines of the newer MSC ships is far superior to this Farcus design. Think the layout on MSC is better too. I prefer the more open feel on the pool decks to the closed in feeling on the Favolosa's central pool area. The back pool was lovely though and quite a bit quieter at any time of day. it was meant go be adults only, but there were frequently kids there although they were relatively quiet.

My favourite bits were definitely the spa and samsara concept; back pool deck; cabin (but not the location). The AI package was really great value even if you are only a light to moderate drinker. Favourite bar was definitely the piano wine bar. Liked the fact that later on in the evening one part of the buffet turned into a pizzeria with waiter service. Our English host was a hoot and done a great job at being all over the place meeting and greeting "her passengers" , sorting out a special New Year party in the piano wine bar for all of us and generally making sure a good time was had by all. Nearly all crew I encountered were friendly and helpful.

Only real dislike was the decor and that sound tunnel of an atrium!

Archived