Recipe for Mac & Cheese

2timersofar

My daughter loved the Mac & Cheese on the Carnival Miracle.

And I don't mind telling you it was the best backed macaroni and cheese I ever eaten! We had asked our head waiter for the recipe, but our daughter was sick the last day of the cruise and we didn't go to dinner that night.

Would anyone be so kind as to get the recipe for me? I have searched the internet to no avail and this is my last hope of getting it.

I've given away my Carnival cookbooks, and the recipe may be in one of them. If you know someone who's cruised on Carnival, ask them if they have any of the cookbooks. OR - Give Guest Services a call, or email, and I bet you'll get the recipe. Good luck.

• 4 years later...
They serve the mac and cheese in custard dishes. Our server told us the secret is the melted cheese on top, it mozzarella.

Probably why the kids like it so much. Different taste that the orange goo that passes for cheese in kraft boxes. Personally, I thought it was a bit bland, but I prefer sharp aged cheddar in the mac n cheese I make. Love the dark crusty brown top layer it makes. That said, I'll take the M&C anyday over the various mutations of strained sweet potatoes they sometimes pass off in the veggie selections late in the cruise.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Found the following on the internet:

So I emailed Carnival and they gladly replied with the recipe. You do the math if you want smaller portions. Enjoy!

Mac & Cheese;

Brie Cheese 2.5 lb

Mozzarella Fresh (Brunoise) 2 lb

Pasta Macaroni 10 lb

Sour Cream 3.75 lb

Mascarpone Cheese 2 lb

Parmesan Cheese 2 lb

Swiss cheese 2 lb

Half- &-Half 2 ltr

Heavy cream 6 ea

White pepper to taste

Mac & Cheese;

Heat pan, add cream and half- &-half bring it to boil, slowly fold in brie, mascarpone, Swiss cheese, and sour cream. Season well.

Blanch macaroni in salted water, drain fold in the cheese sauce.

Pour in 2 oz ramekin neatly

Arrange brunoise of fresh mozzarella and sprinkle with grated parmesan and Swiss cheese over the macaroni. Pass through CTX.

• 2 weeks later...

That recipe made me drool. And my arteries started crying already. I can just imagine making the full recipe (all 10.5 pounds of cheese, 3.75 lbs of sour cream and even more cream), then eating it for a week straight. I love mac and cheese a little too much, I think

Mac & Cheese;

Brie Cheese 2.5 lb

Pasta Macaroni 10 lb

Sour Cream 3.75 lb

Mascarpone Cheese 2 lb

Parmesan Cheese 2 lb

Swiss cheese 2 lb

Half- &-Half 2 ltr

Heavy cream 6 ea

White pepper to taste

Mac & Cheese;

Heat pan, add cream and half- &-half bring it to boil, slowly fold in brie, mascarpone, Swiss cheese, and sour cream. Season well.

Arrange brunoise of fresh mozzarella and sprinkle with grated parmesan and Swiss cheese over the macaroni. Pass through CTX.

What is the unit for the heavy cream? pints? quarts?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Found the following on the internet:

So I emailed Carnival and they gladly replied with the recipe. You do the math if you want smaller portions. Enjoy!

Mac & Cheese;

Brie Cheese 2.5 lb

Pasta Macaroni 10 lb

Sour Cream 3.75 lb

Mascarpone Cheese 2 lb

Parmesan Cheese 2 lb

Swiss cheese 2 lb

Half- &-Half 2 ltr

Heavy cream 6 ea

White pepper to taste

Mac & Cheese;

Sounds good, but not nearly as good as my homemade Sicilian Macaroni and Cheese.

• 4 weeks later...
Mac & Cheese;

Brie Cheese 2.5 lb

Pasta Macaroni 10 lb

Sour Cream 3.75 lb

Mascarpone Cheese 2 lb

Parmesan Cheese 2 lb

Swiss cheese 2 lb

Half- &-Half 2 ltr

Heavy cream 6 ea

White pepper to taste

Mac & Cheese;

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure, but guessing from the amounts of the other ingredients I would imagine the heavy cream are pints. If you're reducing the size of the recipe to cook at home, I'd start by treating the heavy cream measurement as pints and then increasing it if necessary.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure, but guessing from the amounts of the other ingredients I would imagine the heavy cream are pints. If you're reducing the size of the recipe to cook at home, I'd start by treating the heavy cream measurement as pints and then increasing it if necessary.

Thank you very much for the suggestion of pints of heavy cream. Someday I'll have to get the courage to make this dish in large quantities. However, eating it in large quantities will not be a problem!:D

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Thanks in advance!

i asked myself the same question...below is my correspondence with Carnival (by the way, they were excellent in customer service. they responded quickly and all of my queries):

Hi, Mr. Thompson,

Thank you for your follow up.

I'm actually glad you did, because I was thinking of trying that recipe, myself. I hadn't read through it yet, but when I did, I'm sure I would have wondered about that entry, too.

The short answer from the chef is that the recipe calls for 6 liters of heavy cream, but he sent me another copy of the recipe. It's virtually identical, but it does contain a few clarifications that might make things easier, so I'm including it here:

Mac & Cheese

100 portions

Ingredients:

Brie Cheese : 2.5 lb

Mozzarella Fresh (Brunnoise) : 2 lb

Pasta Macaroni : 10 lb

Sour Cream : 3.75 lb

Mascarpone Cheese : 2 lb

Parmesan Cheese : 2 lb

Swiss cheese : 2 lb

Half- &-Half : 2 ltr

Heavy cream : 6 Litre

White pepper : to taste

Preparation:

. Heat pan, add cream and half- &-half bring it to boil, slowly fold in brie, mascarpone, Swiss cheese, and sour cream. Season well.

. Blanch macaroni in salted water, drain fold in the cheese sauce.

. Pour in 2 oz ramekin neatly

. Arrange brunnoise of fresh mozzarella and sprinkle with grated parmesan and Swiss cheese over the macaroni. Pass through CTX.

. Garnish with a piece of Black Olive.

I hope this is helpful, and that the recipe turns out as delicious as it sounds!

Sincerely,

Debra St. Amand

Guest Care Representative

Carnival Cruise Lines | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |

p: 305.599.2600 Ext. 76400 | f: 305.406.6156 | e: guestcare@carnival.com

• 7 months later...

Archived