Superbowl on a cruise ship

rolfeman02

Watched the game last season on the Triumph. The seating was everyman for himself. They put out every deck chair that they could cram on deck. People were sitting on all the steps, rails and available deck space. It was great with such a large group of Saints fans onboard. One big party. Highlight of the cruise.

Its up to the CD if he chooses to show a football game. I saw one, and I know people didnt shop, many didnt go gamble, and few around me were drinking .. just watching the game .. so the ship lost a lot of sales.

We went early and grabbed a table in the morning, but the pool area, Lido deck was filled.

How is the seating when they show the superbowl on the bigscreen?

I saw Super Bowl XL, Steelers/Seahawks in the theater of the Triumph back in 2006. Seating was 1st come, pick yours. Plenty of wait staff for hors d' eouvres and libations. Great memory.

The Crazies are sailing on the Ecstasy for SuperBowl and I've already been assured that it's going to be an amazing party.

I think that a cruise director would get drawn and quartered if he or she DIDN'T show the game!

As others have said, you need to get a seat early 'cause it's gonna fill up fast!!

:)

I have been on a ship for the Superbowl. It was awesome. They didnt have a show that night and set it up in the main theater on a gigantic screen. This was before the outdoor screens on all of the ships. There was lots of cheering, drinking and partying. Fun times.

These pictures are from the Victory from last years Super Bowl. It was a good time. In fact on that cruise the game got over before we sailed (10:00 pm) so we watched while still in port (San Juan).

DSCF6964.jpg

100_4488.jpg

Was on NCL this last super bowl - we sailed out of New Orleans - so much black and white jerseys everywhere (a few blue ones in the back corners, lol). We got on the ship and since it didn’t have the big screen outside we staked our tables/chairs in one of the lounges -(group of 22) NCL didnt mind us leaving our stuff when we had to go do the muster drill. They had a huge screen put up just for the occasion where everyone could get a good view. They had all kinds of munchies on the back tables and when New Orleans won - I think the deck lifted off the ship from all the noise and dancing!!! Was quite an experience!

These pictures are from the Victory from last years Super Bowl. It was a good time. In fact on that cruise the game got over before we sailed (10:00 pm) so we watched while still in port (San Juan).

Is it true that they hold off on doing the muster drill until the next day for the Victory Super Bowl cruises? I sure hope so!!

On the Miracle a few years ago when the Giants played the Pats they had it in numerous places and we saw it in the Mad Hatters lounge.

Set up a lot of bar food and we had a great time.

Will be on the Miracle for the next one and hopefully either the Giants or Jets will be playing.

Is it true that they hold off on doing the muster drill until the next day for the Victory Super Bowl cruises? I sure hope so!!

We were on the Victory in January 09 when the Steelers beat the Cardinals. You can bet it was a h.ll of a party!! The game ran late so we did not leave port until around 11:00. It was a great time...from what I remember!!:D:D Yes, the muster drill was the next day in St.Thomas.

We were on the Fantasy out of Mobile the last SuperBowl (tons of Saints fans!) and the game was on the big screen in the ballroom. 90% of the seats were good to see the game.

People started filling in for seats around 2pm. Tons of football munchies (hot dogs, wings, egg rolls, etc.).

The cruise had a lot of football themed events (football trivia, football toss, etc.). About 75% of the passengers wore jerseys the day of the game (whether their team was in the Super Bowl or not). It was a 4 day cruise of total craziness and fun. After the game, the passengers stayed up all night and party'ed. Carnival really does the Super Bowl well!

...one last memory: A couple had scheduled for a vow renewal during the sailing. The captain picked during the Super Bowl to conduct the ceremony. Poor guy! lol

If you search my name, I have a review posted here in the Carnival board of the Super Bowl cruise.

Not sure about the Victory but we sail on the 6th on her so I will know. On the other ships I been on Super Bowl Sun they had the drill the next day after the port visit. Last year on the Pride that was a day at sea and I believe it was in the morning. Last year we didn’t have to wear our life vest, first time for that.

We were on the Victory last year in fact I think I can see us in top right on the pic! LOL Was the BEST way to watch the Super Bowl minus being there. So many people cheering and having a good time. Did spend alot more on beer that night though! Miller Lite bucket sales.:D

DSCF6964.jpg

100_4488.jpg

hey dirk we were right up there sitting next to you and your family do you remember my squares??? Tell em all on here how awesome the superbowl parties are on board... This year we are missing it by one day, but we'll be partying with our CC group in FLL... Hope you and your family are well. Victory was an AWESOME cruise.

I will be on the Glory 2/6/11, looks like the Pats may make it after all.

When I booked this cruise the last thing I was thinking of was the Pats in the SB..

Amazing how a few months can change your thinking.

If the Pats don't make it I willl still be on the Glory on vacation..

As long as the Jets don't make it, sorry golfadj.

Giants have had their run, they won't be back to the SB for a long time...

JMHO

On the Miracle a few years ago when the Giants played the Pats they had it in numerous places and we saw it in the Mad Hatters lounge.

Set up a lot of bar food and we had a great time.

Will be on the Miracle for the next one and hopefully either the Giants or Jets will be playing.

We have cruised 3 times and all have been Superbowl cruises. Last year we didnt cruise and my DH still says how much he missed it. Our first superbowl cruise the CD came out while we were all in line and announced that he knew we were in for a great week cus the superbowl cruise is always a rowdy one!

Insipiration doesnt have a big screen though.. sports bar?

When we were on the Glory she didnt have a screen either out by the pools, but they pulled down this big a- screen in the lounge and it was awesome served appetizers and drinks and everyone kept going to buffet and bringing back huge plates of lido food and pizza

love superbowl on carnival.

Watched the game last season on the Triumph. The seating was everyman for himself. They put out every deck chair that they could cram on deck. People were sitting on all the steps, rails and available deck space. It was great with such a large group of Saints fans onboard. One big party. Highlight of the cruise.

I bet that was AMAZING.

• 4 months later...

Archived