Magic balcony help needed

bdkb

We will be cruising Easter week so expecting a full and busy ship. I am trying to pick a balcony cabin on Magic. Looking at port side deck 8 or 9, both forward across from the first set of elevators, 8260 or 9270. Trying to avoid being too close to the hot tubs below which I read can be loud late into the night.

Does anyone know what the blank space is behind the elevators on deck 8 and 9? Could this be a supply/service area that can get busy or noisy? Wonder if 8276 or 9278 would be a safer bet but are they far away enough from the hot tubs? Any help? Thanks!

I am on that cruise too and booked a room across from the elevators mid-ship deck 8.. From my past experience that blank space is the elevators themselves. I like it because I don't have to deal with people across from the room.

I try to avoid cabins around elevators - sometimes people tend to yak too much or even yell down the hall for someone to hurry up.

OTOH, I find most white space to be innocuous. Even if it is storage, it will probably be accessed less than a door slammer in a cabin directly opposite.

These are rather extreme cases, but do sometimes happen.

For us, a cove balcony is the most desirable, and also the least expensive, but I know they aren't for everyone.

I just booked 8280 but now might move a bit farther up front. I think this one looks down onto another floor, not over the water?? Anyone know for sure? Thanks

deck 5 is wider than the decks above it so all the decks from 6 and above look down onto deck 5. Originally I was looking at 8354 but that is right between the 2 hot tubs that are below on deck 5. Read that some people weren't happy being near the hot tubs because they could hear the people below even on deck 8. I liked the idea of being mid-ship but will move forward to avoid the hot tubs.

Cabin 8280 looked like it would be forward enough to avoid the busy hot tub area. But was hoping someone could confirm this. Plus it is over the shops and not a bar area, check it out:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Carnival Magic

Sargent Schultz, what cabin were your pictures taken from? Wonder how far forward you were? Thanks

You don't want extreme forward, IMO, for example, 9205 or 9206, which are junior suites and basically a public balcony?!?!?

DSC_7364.JPG

DSC_7366.JPG

Archived